Improving the UI of Carwale

#1 27-Mar, 2012 07:10 PM
Chinmaya
Best-seller
Joined Date: 03 Feb 2012

Uploading images for first time in a thread is highly difficult in this forum unless one understands each tab and field to work with it.

Thus I feel that the user interface needs to provide helpful instruction on each tab and field through a bubble or help tab on each screen and pop-ups. for example

geting url of an image in the album --> we must right click on the image. so this must be mentioned in the UI. this ll help first timers to the site and the UI.

for loading images into threads, we need a direct method to put it directly from our PC rather than the long process of first loading into Album and then into the thread from there. though both the methods are highly Useful.

hope the mods can take this up and make an improved UI.

also i still dont know how everybody in this foum highlights a particular piece of text in grey.

0 members liked this post

#2 27-Mar, 2012 07:16 PM
Jey
Jeyaprakash P
Beloved
Joined Date: 23 Jul 2009

Posted by chinmaya.bhat

also i still dont know how everybody in this foum highlights a particular piece of text in grey.

For this you need to click on the quote image just below each post. The editor will load whole content with ^^ tags. You can delete unwanted content and reply only to what is needed. This will help to reply only to the context from the whole discussion. In this case, i have quoted your above question and answered only for that.

Yamaha Rx135 - Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack - Alto Lxi BIII (Sold)

#3 27-Mar, 2012 07:25 PM
Chinmaya
Best-seller

Posted by Jey

For this you need to click on the quote image just below each post. The editor will load whole content with ^^ tags. You can delete unwanted content and reply only to what is needed. This will help to reply only to the context from the whole discussion. In this case, i have quoted your above question and answered only for that.

thanks for the same. though i had seen this before, i used to delete the quote and /quote lines.

#4 29-Mar, 2012 12:52 AM
Chinmaya
Best-seller

dear Mods.

I have noticed a problem. My city keeps changing in the blog. here is the description:

whenever i search for onroad price of a vehicle, my city in my profile changes. ideally this should not happen as i may find on road price in different cities for many reasons

1.for self.

2.for family

3.for friends

4.for fun

5.to quote someone in the forum with the data available on car wale etc

every time i do this, i must go to my profile in my car wale and change back my city or find the on road price in my city to reset the same.

If we can delink the city field of my profile and the city in which i search cars, the problem is solved.

#5 04-Apr, 2012 07:50 PM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

its a known issue and fix is pending since long. The only way or rather workaround is to change the city from "My Profile" page.

Hope Ban is listening and gets this issue fixed asap.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.