My Silky i20 CRDi Magna Service History

Pages : 123
#1 22-Feb, 2012 11:05 PM
Gragu
Road-tested
Joined Date: 17 Feb 2012

Hi,

Guys,

Who were searching for i20 maintenance and service history, here is the post for you guys,

Hyundai i20 CRDi Magna Service History

Please vist and post your comments.

Thanks

My Car @ - http://hyundaii20crdimagna.blogspot.in
Last Updated: 22-Feb, 2012 11:05 PM, by gri20
0 members liked this post

#2 23-Feb, 2012 08:09 AM
Nigel
Long-termer
Joined Date: 21 Sep 2011

the service costs of diesel is higher then petrol variants

i have a petrol new verna

oil filter costs 82

fuel filter costs 470

air filter 230

engine oil need 3.3 litre

will try and post up a spread sheet of my service history

#3 23-Feb, 2012 11:13 AM
Gragu
Road-tested

@nickandr

Of course petrol service should be lower than Diesel ones.

Please update your service history as well, it would be resourceful for people searching for maintanence of i20 petrol and diesel versions...

#4 08-Mar, 2012 02:33 PM
Gragu
Road-tested

Hey guys got my car back from second paid service.

Total Bill: 4936. 

For break up charges and complete Service History Check out below links. 

i20 CRDi Second Paid Service

Complete i20 CRDi Service History

#5 04-Apr, 2012 10:54 AM
Vigneshwaran
Road-tested
Joined Date: 28 Jan 2012

Dear gri20,

Have left my i20 DSL for 30000 kms service in trident hyundai Bangalore. Cost quoted by him is Rs. 9300 approx with a list of itesm written as E/o, O/F, A/F, F/F, G/O, coolant Do P/S, Add F/S etc. 

From ur review I understood the service cost for 30,000 should be approx Rs. 5000. I spoke to this guy saying that generally people say it should be approx. Rs. 5000 and took reference of the items which u have done and only this needs to be done blah blah... the service advisor says that he is doing as per manual and Hyundia's recommendation...

Then I told him that in HMP Chennai they charged. Rs. 5000 for 32000 kms service and that is directly owned by Hyundai so how come Hyundai recommends something for u seperatley and for HMP customers sepertely?? He was just blushing.... I dont know wat to do?? Being a lame man (in terms of Automobile) the service advisor says I am doing as per manual (and if true I would like to stick to it as its good for my car).... or should I say just do the list of changes as mentioned by you in ur review...

Would like others commments too.....

Vignesh

#6 04-Apr, 2012 11:06 AM
Arun
Legend
Joined Date: 07 Dec 2009

dear vignesh, the main mistake we all do is take the car to service without reading the details given in the user manual.

refer your user manual before you take your car for service. All details required for the 4th service are listed there. Tell the SA that if anything is not as recommended by the manual, you will not pay for. This is the standard way the HASS bleeds novice customers. Check the mantenance schedule in your service manual. I think other than replacing oils and filters nothing else needs to be changed.

Things like engine flush, coolant replace, decarb etc are not generally required at this stage. Just means to increase the service cost. Even alignment and balancing I think is not listed in the manual only rotation.

all the best.

Last Updated: 04-Apr, 2012 11:08 AM, by arunD

#7 04-Apr, 2012 11:15 AM
Vigneshwaran
Road-tested

Hi Arun,

From manual (according to my skills of reading the manual) the required mainteance items marked ar R (Replace) are as follows.

1. Engine Oil and Filter

2. Air Cleaner Filter

3. Brake / Cluth Fluid

4. Engine Coolant

5. Manual Transaxle Fluid

6. Fuel Filter Cartridge

According to the Serive Form he has filled in some 6 items and one item called Engine Decarbonisation (Rs. 1800). I asked him y this is required he says since all the filters are replaced it is required to do Enginer Decarbonisation.

The actual issue is, I dont mind spending this on the car... but who do I check if all these have been done... I am a high end car user... have done 30,000 kms. in 1 year and 3 months... and still have lined up for big travel for the next two months... so i am ok if i spend this amount and get peace of mind while driving... but how to check if the parts have really been changed??

Vignesh

#8 04-Apr, 2012 10:14 PM
Gragu
Road-tested

@Vignesh:

Hi Vignesh,

I want to share my service history, so that dealers doesn't rip-off customers. 

Well that served.

Now, regarding your state Rs. 9300 seems to be tooooo expenisve. 

Engine Decarbonisation: Needs to be done, if you faced any problem in 1. engine 2. bad mileage 3. car stalling. 

In my case: My Service Expert enquired, whether I had any issues in mileage or some engine issues. Since, I had not issues it doesn't required.  

In my Opinon(IMO): You don't need it IF,

1.you had servicing at regular intervals.

2. never faced any mileage issues

3. Engine being normal. 

Also specify, what are all the other items being mentioned my service expert. 

Regarding how to check whether being changed or not, it always a myth and trust. 

#9 09-Apr, 2012 06:16 PM
Gragu
Road-tested

Hi Vignesh,

Could you please update about your service histroy?

What is the final bill? Please elobrate.

Thanks, 

#10 12-Apr, 2012 12:44 PM
Vigneshwaran
Road-tested

Sorry for the delayed response.... The final bill was Rs. 9269 and this included engine decarbonisation and other services as per whatever is mentioned in the manual.... 

Thanks gri20 for the explantion on the engine decarbonisation... the serive advisor never told all this... he just told that it is required...

During biling and before payment, I showed the stats that was available in the blogspot and it is from HMP which is Hyundai Authorised and mentioned that he has done only for Rs. 5000 approx why my bill is Rs. 9000...

The service adivsor put me on to some serice manger (who had full pawn in mouth and looked more like a gunda)... I explained the issue to him that HMP has charged for a Diesel i20 Rs. 5000 whereas why Trident charged Rs. 9000 for the same km service... This guy didnt have the courtesy to reply to me and was explaining to his Service Adivsor that HMP mite not have done as per manual.... I got wild as he didnt reply to me and was replying to the service adivsor for a query raised by me... 

Infact I didnt even argue, i was just checking with these guys as to how this could happen... there was no use execpt for half an hour waste  of time.... 

I just thought I will talk to Hyundai directly about this..... what is the suggestion of others???

Items done during service are as follows.

1. Windscreen wiper cleaner - Rs. 87.73 (after using i found out that it was just like plain water... I didnt see any bubbles or foams in that... not too sure if my view is correct)

2. Engine Oil - RS. 1162 for 5.3 ltrs

3. Consumables - Rs. 129.3

4. Coolant - Rs. 464.17 for 2 ltrs. or 2 nos.

5. 3M engine oil additive Rs. 333.27

6. 3M engine oil flush Rs. 306

7. 3M engine conditioner - Rs. 1622 

8. Fliter Cartridge - Rs. 1743

9. Fliter Air Cleaner - Rs. 302.74

10. Service Kit - Oil Filter - Rs. 344

11. Gasket - Oil Plug - Rs 31

12. Plug - Oil Drain - Rs. 101

13. Greaser Caliper Guide - Rs. 145.29

He showed a bill of Rs. 7500 for a i20 petrol variant for 30,000 kms service to prove that he's just charged the correct amount and has not overcharged...

The only thing which worries me is me beinge totally non-automobile knowledge person and Trident Hyundai claiming to do everything as per manual and then giving a huge bill every 6 months is a serious pain for me... Next service at 40,000 kms will cost around Rs. 9000 according to the Service Adivsor...

Have decided to write to Hyundai asking them what all should be done and how much it will cost for 30,000 kms service....

Vignesh

Pages : 123