M800 - what could I get if sold.

Pages : 12
#1 19-Jan, 2012 03:59 PM
M.Ferreira
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2012

I have a 2003 Maruti 800,single owner driven covered just 40,000km so far.Excellent condition,no damage,good finish with music system & AC. AC hardware serviced a month ago for Rs 10,000.

Looking to sell the same as I will be buying a new car.

Can Anyone suggest the approx price I could get for this car.

regds

MEL.

0 members liked this post

#2 19-Jan, 2012 05:02 PM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

Try using the used car price evaluator tool on the homepage of carwale. That will give you a fair idea of what you can expect for your car

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#3 19-Jan, 2012 08:02 PM
Arnv
Best-seller
Joined Date: 13 Oct 2010

Try going in for exchange when buying new car. Will save you the trouble of finding the buyer & you'll get about the same price if not more. Moreover finding a buyer for 800 will be bit tough too IMO

#4 19-Jan, 2012 11:25 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

IMO don't sell the car. Use it for as long as you can because (1) it will anyways not fetch a big amount when sold - its already 8 years old so I guess it will fetch about 80-90k, and (2) in terms of running cost or Rs/km, this car will be much, much cheaper than a new car when you consider its cost, and the kms run till date. By all means buy a new car but use this car also. That way you will be extracting maximum value from it.

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.

#5 20-Jan, 2012 11:48 AM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

I second Rohit. Selling it will not fetch you much benefit. That too, the mileage being so low, you can run it for double the ODO reading without much maintenance. You could always use it as a second car for short runs, or to go to cramped areas, provided you are buying a bigger car. If you plan to buy a smaller car such as the alto etc you can sell it as then it will be useless to have to cars of nearly the same segment. 

Every time we think of enjoying smooth, silent and killer petrol engines, they call a rise in petrol prices!

#6 30-Jan, 2012 03:58 PM
Pranab
Long-termer
Joined Date: 01 Nov 2011

You can contact to best used car dealers. They would suggest you best price according to your car conditions.

#7 30-Jan, 2012 05:45 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

...and your point being...? Aren't you simply stating the obvious?

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.

#8 04-Feb, 2012 12:28 AM
M.Ferreira
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2012

Thanks folks....Any tips on what I need to do while selling this car.How do I ensure its not being misused by Antisocial elements after I've sold it or how do I know the buyer is genuine.Is DD a good method of collecting payment.

Any list of reputed official buyers in Mumbai area.

I'd love to keep this car,as its perfect but I'm struggling for parking space.

So I need to sell it,but I dont want to sell it too cheap or to someone that is not genuine.

#9 05-Feb, 2012 09:12 PM
Tomy Thomas
Legend
Joined Date: 01 Nov 2010

If genuineness of the buyer is your concern, why not sell it through Maruti TrueValue? They will give a receipt as soon as you handover the car to them.

You can also insist that, after they sell it to the end user, you want to see the original RC book after re-registering and if possible get an attested copy of the new RC book for your records so that if some anti-social elements misuse it, you will be legally clean.

Tomy

#10 19-Feb, 2012 07:33 PM
Chinmaya
Best-seller
Joined Date: 03 Feb 2012

check out how people in ur area manage parking their vehicles. try to relocate urself to an area where parking is not a problem. 

Pages : 12