Select Your City

for best experience

Which is Faster - Online Car Loan or Making Car Loan Application at Branch

#1 18-Oct, 2011 08:32 AM
Rakesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Oct 2011

Was just wondering which is the best way to make a Car Loan Application - is it online through Referral web sites or online through Bank sites or visiting the bank branches?

Leaving forum open for discussion - basically - it has to be fast, personalised with best service at convenience with comparison

0 members liked this post

#2 18-Oct, 2011 10:12 AM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

The best option is to walk down to the branch with all the relevant documents. Max time by any private national bank - 48 hrs. SBI - 5 days.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

#3 18-Oct, 2011 01:08 PM
Shankar
Road-tested
Joined Date: 06 Jul 2011

A frustrated applicant of SBI here. Applied for SBI car loan 2 weeks before. But, still have not got even the loan number. And still waiting...

Last Updated: 18-Oct, 2011 02:13 PM, by SolitaireKing

#4 18-Oct, 2011 04:36 PM
Rakesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Oct 2011

I disagree. Does walking to the branch helps ? Had that been the case SBI would have been doing all loans and no private banks would be there

May be its the efficiency of the Bank branch - which otherwise may be in private banks or the online portal - if has descent tieups n has staff which can make the deal happen then it should be the perfect choice - as you will have the convenience of applying online by sitting at hime , can get comparison also . But - its only when the website staff has excellent quality staff

What say? 

#5 19-Oct, 2011 10:20 AM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

Well, I do not have any bad exprience with SBI till date in any kind of banking with them. Not that I have bad exprience with other private banks. But I would stand by the fact that you walk-in into a branch which has loan facility with proper documents before-hand and your loan is processed faster. My cars SBI loan was sanctioned in merely 5 working days. Which is ofcourse higher when compared to other private banks which take just 2 days. But then thats something banks have to think to get more number of customers. The minimum time and documents the more number of customer.

In ideal case, the fastest would be the one already described. Online loan application has more paper work than walking into branch. Also, when you apply for loan online, it goes to a queue maintained by the bank and then picked up by marketing guys one after the other. If you are lucky you get a call same day but if not then it even takes week to get a call.

@Shankar, if you know which branch is processing your loan you may contact them for status otherwise you may visit nearest RACPC centre of SBI. Am sure they will help you out getting the loan processed faster. Is your address verification processes completed? Thats the major hinderance in getting loan approved.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.
Last Updated: 19-Oct, 2011 10:23 AM, by SolitaireKing

#6 20-Mar, 2012 08:57 AM
Himanshu
Best-seller
Joined Date: 09 Apr 2007

Completely different view. the fastest and easiest way for getting a car loan is to apply through the dealer with whom you are purchasing the car. You have already provided all the documents, he has contacts with all leading banks, provides you with all the details possible and most importantly, is in a greater hurry than you to get the loan sanctioned and money disbursed. So in my view, the best way (in all respects) if to go through the dealer itself.

WORST WAY: NEVER go though DSAs who keep calling you for loans. You will only get delayed and feel cheated in the end.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)