Select Your City

for best experience

Hyundai Eon tested by CarWale

Pages : 1234
#21 14-Oct, 2011 11:59 AM
Anks
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 05 Sep 2011

Sure Nik. Thanks for your views. I think you enjoyed the drive of Hyundai Eon. Well about the issue of power steering will definitly be sorted out by Hyundai as they never disappoint their customers.

0 members liked this post

#22 14-Oct, 2011 12:31 PM
Arun
Legend
Joined Date: 07 Dec 2009

considering my experience with santro, I think the Eon will struggle even in the city when loaded with say 4 adults. Highway runs will also be a struggle considering the engine noise levels reported.

Where city driving is a struggle, it will mean continuous use of lower gears = to low FE.

unless this car eon is priced well below the k-10, I donot think it is a good buy if it is priced high and close to the santro just bcos of features. IMO, the santro with the current discounts is more vfm when you consider the practical details. Santro has more refined engine (erlx), better performer, sturdy and more spacious (compared to Alto, Spark and eon). At this level, practicality would be the main USP not features and looks (IMO).

I already owned a 9 yr old santro (not the better erlx engine) and I felt it was 'just' right for family car for regular city and occasional highway runs. Cheap to maintain and good ASSC next to Maruti. Anything less than Santro I feel should be 'dead cheap' to be really useful. Or else, it could end up like the Nano.

#23 14-Oct, 2011 04:33 PM
Geet
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Oct 2011

I think it will not work out if we compare Santro with Hyundai Eon as Santro comes in higer car segment. I think Hyundai is having some extra and excellent features.

#24 14-Oct, 2011 04:35 PM
Anks
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 05 Sep 2011

It's obvious that Santro is having quality drive as compared to Hyundai Eon as it's been positioning into higher segment with refined mechanism. As far as concern to Eon, we can say that it's having some features which are still lacking in Santro like airbags, techometer, accessory power outlet, rear spoiler etc. Santro is also lacking with the Sportz variant which is carried out by the Hyundai Eon.
You can compare these cars with the variants also.

Link Removed.

Last Updated: 22-Oct, 2011 09:11 AM, by Banwari

#25 14-Oct, 2011 08:16 PM
A
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 May 2011

guys, I had booked Eon magna at Trident Hyundai Indiranagar Bangalore, but I find it pricey so went to cancel the booking. Now the dealer is telling a charge of 2500/- for cancellation but at the time of booking I was told full amount will be refunded. What should I do here, I have raised a grievance with Hyundai, I do not have a written confirmation though..

#26 14-Oct, 2011 09:48 PM
Bhavin Shah
Best-seller
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2008

There is no cancellation charges, ask the dealer to give in writing and threaten him for legal notice thtu advocate. Now for the price of EON Magna Santro GL plus and Spark makes more sense with 1.1L & 1L engine respectively. 

#27 14-Oct, 2011 11:00 PM
A
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 May 2011

ya i will visit the showroom again, if they dnt agree then bring my lawyer into picture

#28 15-Oct, 2011 11:01 AM
Arun
Legend
Joined Date: 07 Dec 2009

Posted by geet

I think it will not work out if we compare Santro with Hyundai Eon as Santro comes in higer car segment. I think Hyundai is having some extra and excellent features.

true. What I am trying to say is that, the eon may not be a success as it will be too sluggish in city and not capable on the highways. If on the other hand hyundai had improved the santro, I think it would have been a better plan even at a slightly higher cost.

#29 15-Oct, 2011 04:09 PM
Rohanroshan
Driven
Joined Date: 01 Oct 2011

looks a pretty cool car better than alto.....eon has a good fuel efficiency, better looks than alto.

alto is no way compared with eonLaughing

#30 15-Oct, 2011 04:09 PM
Rohanroshan
Driven
Joined Date: 01 Oct 2011

looks a pretty cool car better than alto.....eon has a good fuel efficiency, better looks than alto.

alto is no way compared with eonLaughing

Pages : 1234

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)