Hyundai Verna tested by CarWale

Pages : 1234567
#41 02-Jun, 2011 06:30 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

Guys, let's not take sides, especially with brands. After all, all bar none are after our monies!!

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.
0 members liked this post

#42 02-Jun, 2011 08:28 PM
Abhinav
Road-tested
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2011

centaur , we are on the same wavelength !!!!!!!

thats what i am emphasizing since my first post, that a brand which has won ..... the world over and another brand which hasnt won ..... the world over, when they come to india, both have to start from scratch.

obviously the former brand will have a headstart but still if the brand doesnt come out with a great finished product backed by a good vfm and overall brand effort n quotient, especially in a developing economy like india, its bound it will not get its due.

the linea turbojet is a prime example, to me its the best petrol car this side of 15 lakhs, i would even tie it with laura 1.8 tsi , which albeit faster , doesnt excite as many hearts as linea does. but fiat didnt back it up  in all centres across india and u find most of t jet owners trying to educate  and enlighten people about its real worth

well , even if a superior seeming brand comes out with a great product , and doesnt give u full value for the money, again , every informed customer will look for other options for that budget which may offer more features, irrespective of brand image.

prime example is the honda city, a brilliant car nevertheless, enjoyed a royal monopoly, in came sx4 , was shaken off its pedestal, came back as generation two, wrested back its throne, came sx4 vvt ,again shaken off, and then came the present beauty which again fought back the crown

then came vento , and now verna, which despite all their bash ups, still offer more vfm than city does, and hence now honda is finding it difficult to get back its crown

even if honda gets its diesel back ,and still doesnt manage to keep the price /oremium right, i dont think the diesel city will pick on the market

heck they plan to price the brio 5 lakh onwards, plain arrogance,thinking it will get them the masses segment, again overpricing it like jazz.

lets face it people, most buyers in india dont buy a car for performance or handling only, its the overall product which matters to the pocket.

i find people reacting the same way , more or less, to the verna , as they did to i20, - boat like handler, old technology in new name, zzzz etc.

now i20 is the best selling premium hatch, and i think verna will follow suit

roht and centuar are right, dont fight over brands, rather i would say , fight over cars....

w.r.t vento being better than verna, i dont think so , both are great in their own way, vento has great ride,handling,rear ac vents, miniamal turbo lag, but it conks up on bland interiors, lack of bluetooth steering controls costly ass and spares, and plain vanilla styling overall

verna scores in styling,interiors, exteriors,feature laden,smoother city ride quality,, cheaper ass and spares and more service centers ,outiight power and acceleration, while it gives up on high speed handling and ride quality due to its soft suspension

both cars have awedul rear view visiblity, both have the smoothest gear shifts , the vento has a better autobox,

so if u aint bothered about ass and spares, its evident u go for the vento, d, if no , then verna makes sense

#43 03-Jun, 2011 09:27 AM
Satyen Barot
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 May 2011

When are you going to review Mahindra Verito?

-------- Regards, Satyen.

#44 03-Jun, 2011 10:38 AM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Whats the game plan for the old Verna. Is it still on sale & what will be the prices??

#45 03-Jun, 2011 04:44 PM
Daisy Brown
Road-tested
Joined Date: 20 Mar 2007

Hyundai knows Indian needs very well. That is where they score above other brands.

I have been trying to make up my mind to buy Honda City for the past 1 year now but could not just becasue I thought I can expect much more for my 11 lakhs. I have not bought any other sedan also till now, because none of them looked compelling than Honda city. But now after looking at Hyundai verna, I seem to be titling towards buying it. Will do a TD and decide.

#46 03-Jun, 2011 10:19 PM
Sumanth
Best-seller
Joined Date: 13 Feb 2010

@Victor- Agreed. Something related with what I wanted to inform people.

@Sridhar- Great! How did you download those 5 seasons? I really want it. I just  download some episodes from youtube related to a car which I like.Smile

I Love German cars and beautiful Italian cars. Favorite car- Maserati Granturismo

#47 05-Jun, 2011 07:20 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

If I mention it here this thread would start going OT. I have sent a PM to you just to keep this discussion limited to the new verna.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#48 05-Jun, 2011 02:58 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Sridhar,

Whats happens to the old Verna? Is it still on sale & what are the price differences?? Will Hyundai discontinue Accent & replace it with old Verna??

#49 06-Jun, 2011 10:00 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

I am not sure about this Manish. Have not heard anything on this. However I dont think that they would follow the game plan of replacing the accent with the old verna like ford did for the ikon with the old fiesta. Primarily this is because the old verna was not that successfull like the old fiesta was so as to sell well if it was launched cheaper. Secondly the accent has recently got some new touches here and there like chrome on the grill and stuff. If they wanted to replace the accent they wouldnt have spent anything on altering its looks. Finally I dont think they can actually get the verna in the price bracket of the accent. That would mean huge cost cutting which would make the verna worthless of buying. So even now its kind of a 50-50 situation where the old verna could exist alongside the new verna after going through some cosmetic changes on the outside or might meet the grave. Lets see what happens.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person
Last Updated: 06-Jun, 2011 10:11 AM, by centaur

#50 06-Jun, 2011 10:04 AM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

Last week visited Hyundai showroom for a look of New Verna and TD of Verna and i20 for one of my colleague. From what was discussed with sales man, the old Verna is being still sold till the stocks are available. Post stock clearance its only new Verna. Accent is going to stay due to its price bracket and LPG/CNG option with BS4 standards. Its till a hot cake interms of sales, as cited by the sales person. Seems the most cheaper and efficient and good executive looking sedan available in the market as of now. I have seen two new Accents in my office only in recent past.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

Pages : 1234567