Hyundai Verna tested by CarWale

Pages : 1234567
#11 15-Apr, 2011 01:54 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Good review. I would like to add a few negatives though.

1. Its suspension & handling still not upto the mark. More power than it can manage.

2. Will be very costly : base model over 8 lakhs on road. if they price it lower, their current Verna will suffer, which I think co. is no mood to discontinue. They might replace Accent with the current Verna

3. Design though quite modern, ppl will get bored very quickly. Thats what happened to the old Verna  

0 members liked this post

#12 23-Apr, 2011 12:57 AM
Mudasser
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2011

This review has missed the major thing , its actual milleage in city ?

#13 23-Apr, 2011 04:33 PM
Victor
Best-seller
Joined Date: 25 Jun 2009

Posted by manishbajaj

Good review. I would like to add a few negatives though.

1. Its suspension & handling still not upto the mark. More power than it can manage.

2. Will be very costly : base model over 8 lakhs on road. if they price it lower, their current Verna will suffer, which I think co. is no mood to discontinue. They might replace Accent with the current Verna

3. Design though quite modern, ppl will get bored very quickly. Thats what happened to the old Verna  

AGree with you

This has always been the case with Hyundai vehicles

They are never known for suspension, handling or roadgrip

SImilar to the previous Verna, the car will have an engine that will give power delivery but finally the driver can not make use of it to its full potential due to the inherent limitations in the design and above factors which will eventually make the driver to slow down.  It will still continue to give not so comfortable and bumpy ride esp for rear passengers - though there are some improvements in handling

#14 24-Apr, 2011 02:16 AM
Amar K
Long-termer
Joined Date: 06 Dec 2010

New Hyundai Verna

This link provides information, how some new developed technology is integrated in Verna, which may not be commonly available in other reviews.  A Coefficient of Drag (cd) of 0.30 makes new Verna,  very aerodynamic car, which improves FE and acceleration.   Edmunda InsideLine gave new Verna  4 and 1/2 star rating.

In reckless auto accident, it is not important who is RIGHT but who is LEFT.

#15 01-May, 2011 12:02 AM
Mudasser
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2011

Can the Reviewer plz tell us the milleage and price of the diesel 1.4 ??????Undecided

#16 01-May, 2011 07:35 PM
Shersh
Legend
Joined Date: 30 Dec 2010

is it looking only to me like that or is it seems to you all as well that the rear window of verna is really small ??Undecided

ALWAYS HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN LIFE. THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE IN EVERY PERSON. EVEN A STOPPED WATCH IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY...................................

#17 13-May, 2011 07:57 PM
Abhinav
Road-tested
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2011

Posted by Victor

AGree with you

This has always been the case with Hyundai vehicles

They are never known for suspension, handling or roadgrip

SImilar to the previous Verna, the car will have an engine that will give power delivery but finally the driver can not make use of it to its full potential due to the inherent limitations in the design and above factors which will eventually make the driver to slow down.  It will still continue to give not so comfortable and bumpy ride esp for rear passengers - though there are some improvements in handling

yes, the old verna had some high speed issues, but tell me how often do u climb up to 140 and above , leave alone 100 kmh in a city?

for city purposes i feel the verna is a great choice,

the ride may not be as good as a european linea or vento , but its soft suspension will defeinitely be wortth for city purposes

i personally feel this car will be the most value for money car in both diesel and petrol , and may become segment leader if the handling and ride quality comes anywhere close to a european car

honda charges an obscene amount for the best petrol engine and a great overall product, the vento too robs users with bland interiors some glaring feature omissions , both brands attract too much for their cars,which as a result , loots the customer in the end.

the void between an a segment car, like alto i10 velow 5 lakhs, then the b segment like manza dezire,below 7-8 lakhs and then the transition to c segment or cplus as some say between 7-11 lakhs....

dont want to sound miserly, but feel the value for money concept doesnt exist in india , as much it does in the west

maybe india is the main global market for economy hatches, which in turn sets the trend for pricing in the other segments

say for e.g , the verna, despite being locally manufacture has a signifact price diff with the usa version, which on the contrary packs more techonology and comes at a lesser price

overall

the verna makes most sense for a buyer who wants most for his million

i personally love the city as car ..drooool over it but Yell when i see its pricing

same is for vento. although i havent driven it, heard a lot about it, on he exteriors it doesnt look as spacy or premium as the city, but its diesel is scorching the charts

the sx4 is well, seems the most vfm product, till the verna came, the new one, and needs a mjor uplift if it hopes to carry on its diesel succes, which i think will be diluted by the new verna

fiat t jet, well, the car i almost bought,  but for ass and support issues, if fiat gets the parts avaialaiblty and serivicing issues right , i feel t jet deserves the crown which the market doesnt give it.......

wonder what will happen when fiesta , and rapid come......c segment is already burning hot.it will be blazing then.............

Last Updated: 13-May, 2011 08:12 PM, by Roadrash

#18 16-May, 2011 02:13 PM
Victor
Best-seller
Joined Date: 25 Jun 2009

It is not that old Verna had problem only at high speeds. Even at low speeds when you go over bad patches it throws itself around a lot - leading to discomfort for rear passengers. This has been somewhat improved in new Verna.

It has poor suspension combined with unpredictable behavior on braking alongwith not so great handling.

New verna has moved a step forward in the right direction - but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Whether it is i20 or new verna, they are good in butter smooth roads.  Please tell me which city in India has such great roads wherever we drive to (Unless I am an embassy officer who goes to Chanakyapuri and return back to Janpath, then it will feel great).

Most of our Indian city as well as town roads are not great.

Also there is a general misconception when we talk of handling or dynamics.

"They are needed only at high speeds and how often we go to that speeds"

This is not true.  Even at low and moderate speeds the dynamics, braking and handling matters a lot - when you handle peculiar situations on the city roads. 

In addition we can look at it another way too

If a car can have superior behavior at high speeds itself, then  you can  imagine how much better that will behave at lower and moderate speeds.

#19 16-May, 2011 03:22 PM
Sumanth
Best-seller
Joined Date: 13 Feb 2010

Does the new Verna offers more features than the Linea to be crowned as a new best in segment car? In diesel variants Verna is an obvious choice, but in petrol it doesn't deserve to be called the best car.

I Love German cars and beautiful Italian cars. Favorite car- Maserati Granturismo

#20 21-May, 2011 07:11 PM
Abhinav
Road-tested
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2011

just returned from a extended drive on my friends brand new crdi sx !!!1

c/mon hyundai....what a car!

drove it till 130 kmh on the embassy road!!!!

just read ur message now victor , hey man if ur working in embassy area chankyapuri u are a lucky man!! the best and most beautiful city road of the country ....arguably

anyways, the car.... what a beauty, looks bigger and better in real life, a lot hotter than current rivals

i did a mix of mostly straight line sprinting and sudden braking and turn, at the 2 round abouts before the flyover towards moti bagh  then again back to sprints, man i tell u this a ripper!! much improved handling i must say ,silent engine , smooth power delivery and butter ride......

vento watch out!!!!!!!

Pages : 1234567