Select Your City

for best experience

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#81 23-Jan, 2011 09:19 PM
Gursheetal
Driven
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2007

Shailender- 

Its true that the features like- to change gear- which gear to drive and km's to empty etc like features are only in the Elegance(Top end model)- The Ambiente tells you the time/trip meter/when is the car due fro service-i.e in terms of days and Km's etc. 

Ideally the basic things are there in ambiente- The Classic or the lowest model has full dash coulr black- not too impressive- no power windows etc--- Hence on a economical sense you should go in only for ambiente or Elegance- 

The extra featues in ambiente are: All four power windows/ABS/Passanger Car height adjustable/Allow wheels/Fog lights/4 air bags/additinal details on speedo meter/ Auto lock key for doors etc... 

According to me the basis version of Fab does not make any sense- stretch for the Ambiente or Top end- I have gone for the Ambiente!!!!!!

Check this site for detailed feature diff. in all three models- 

http://www.newskodafabia.co.in/

Cheers

Last Updated: 23-Jan, 2011 09:22 PM, by gursheetal.singh5955
0 members liked this post

#82 23-Jan, 2011 11:23 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

@ Shailinder

Your concern regarding the digital speedo is true. The detailed info is available only in Elegance & not in Ambiente.

It's true, they usually make the Elegance available for TD.

One more thing that will certainly disappoint you, all the features what Gursheetal claimed to be there in the Ambiente are NOT provided with the New Fabia 1.2 TDI. Though they were previously available there in the old Ambiente 1.4 PD!! So it looks, he has followed the feature list of the OLD Fabia & not of the New one. Even the site he has mentioned must not be updated after the launch of New Fabia 1.2 TDI....

So now, you won't need to check it again for all these features in Ambiente!

Actually the OLD Fabia Amb. was really loaded, whereas this NEW one lacks many of those, just to cope up with the price cut! The only good news that followed this new launch is Skoda has cut there spare prices & even the service charges substantially down!! And that is for sure, don't worry....

Even the rear wiper is not provided in the New Amb. And to my surprise, the reverse indicator light is provided on one (? Driver's) side only & on the other side there is a fog lamp in stead....  

Keep writing & Happy driving....

#83 24-Jan, 2011 07:57 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi all,

I had a technical problem in posting this table along with the matter at once..

Anyway, see the month wise total sales figures..

Try to understand how the sales are showing + ve & - ve swings & who is getting the benefits..

And also notice the increase in sales after the launch of New Fabia!!! 

For further details (Dec. '10 sales) follow the link given below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/91499-october-2010-indian-car-sales-figures.html

#84 24-Jan, 2011 09:44 AM
Gursheetal
Driven
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2007

Hi Dr- Vikas-

Thanks for ther correction - it was actually a typo error- i was referring the detailed features in Elegance-  Marked in bold. Sorry for the confusion

The extra featues in Elegance  are: All four power windows/ABS/Passanger Car height adjustable/Allow wheels/Fog lights/4 air bags/additinal details on speedo meter/ Auto lock key for doors etc... 

cheers

#85 24-Jan, 2011 12:54 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Dear Gursheetal and Dr. Vikas,

Thank you for your inputs but I know all about new and old Fabia and what all has been changed

I have a very specfic query, like all though the comparision available online (carwale). Are there any more features which are present in Elegence and not in Ambiente / Classic. See Classic is all BLACK interiors + 1 airbag and Ambiente is Beige + 2 airbags + front power window and that is it. Rest - AC, Rake and reach steering wheel, Power Steering is common in all three varients.

So paying roughly, 55K extra for Ambiente is not makring any sense to me. Beige interiors are prone to get dirty early due to Indian atmosphere (we all agree on this - I guess).

So please help me with specfic difference between Classic and Ambiente. I will buy Classic if there is not much of a difference or else Ambiente is there are

Help me guys. And post some pictures of Ambiente's speedo meter (close up), dash board and long short from back seat.

Thanks

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.
Last Updated: 17-Jul, 2011 04:31 PM, by sanshrinand

#86 24-Jan, 2011 11:22 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ Shailinder,

To be frank, I didn't focus much on the Classic, as I was looking for some higher/ premium version. And in fact it was the Jazz for which I was thinking before Fabia (& almost done) if I had gone in Petrol version. Now after the repeated petrol price hikes, I don't regret my decision & much happy with my Fabia 1.2 TDI.

Grossly speaking there is no much difference in the Classic & Ambiente, only there are few cosmetic changes. Besides the black or biege interior, I can recollect some more of those -

open glove box (upper side), height adjustable Driver's seat, some chrome here & there around the vents/ gear shift knob etc, Passenger Airbag, Front power windows, all Black skoda monogram on steering wheel, quality of fabric upholstery....

You really need to check it of your own at the dealer for all these small things & then compare amongst, considering the opinion of your family members also.. Even I still sometimes think that Elegance could have become a better purchase for me.. (though there is a difference of Rs.100k!!) 

So don't wait anymore, that will create more confusion,

All the best!!! 

#87 25-Jan, 2011 09:42 AM
Rkreddy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2011

i feel more research will lead to more confusion....always

1. new skoda fabia is a nice car to buy...so decide on this first

2. i strongly feel that either choose the option of going for classic or elegance. there is no meaning to go for ambiente...it is a half roti

#88 25-Jan, 2011 10:42 AM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Posted by rkrish

i feel more research will lead to more confusion....always

1. new skoda fabia is a nice car to buy...so decide on this first

2. i strongly feel that either choose the option of going for classic or elegance. there is no meaning to go for ambiente...it is a half roti

You are right rkrish. I also believe the same. I love Skoda Fabia because of interiors and road presence but due to lack of features and price tag I have started exploring other cars like. Punto Emotion, Figo Titanum, Polo etc (all Diesel). See my budget is upto 6 lakhs and I need some good features in this budget. Figo is under 6 lakhs and with all the features only rear power window is missing. Whereas, in other cars something major is missing.

Not sure what to do?

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#89 25-Jan, 2011 11:16 AM
Rkreddy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2011

@shailender

I hope i will end your confusion right here and you will proceed with your final decision

1. Punto is loaded and good car, but the pricing i feel bit high and also maintenance is very high when i have seen this practically with my friends, hence this is ruled out

2. VW polo, ok good german tech car, but with the budget of 6 lakhs please do not think of buying this car as a person buy this should be ready for anything it comes up after buying, i mean for service or spares cost which will be very high. the biggest problem with them is they are not fully established them selves in india yet after launching this model, they got those sales numbers but also many problems also, so as a simple rule that when ever something is introduced first time in a new country it takes easily 2 to 3 years for them to settle down, so it is not a good option to go for this as a budget customer like you and me. this will not be so affordable

3. coming to ford figo titanium. me and my friend drove this car last week i got following findings

first of all i laugh at the thing that y this is choosen as best car of the year, i feel this may be a scam. becoz there is nothing much great about this. people say it is fully loaded what is mean by fully loaded they mean a stereo enough, front power windows, and funny thing is rear windows open only 60% and they say that it is child safety, i really laughed at it, becoz the car design is wrong on the back door, there is no scope for window glass to go inside fully, hence they say it is a additional safety feature...hahaha. other things of this car, where it is cheaper titianium diesel comes for 6.4 L after discount and bargain and i feel this car is not worth of such money. the plastics used on dash board or not at all good, what is fully loaded even this cannot come with stearing controls.?? and the seating looked as same as other low height cars...sitting inside a box..no comfort..no tilt stearing and it is not very responsive or power full when you drive this in 2nd gear and ground clearance is not good...and i really dont know y people r buying this useless car for such price. yes FORD FUSION was a very great car unfortunately it is withdrawn from indian market due to poor sales. and also FORD FIESTA is also great car but you need to increase ur budget, so according to me no fun in buying this car

at last i have two options for you

1. if you want a nice space and very good finish and german engineering, then go for NEW fabia either classic or elegance. i prefer classic becoz for those all features in elegance, i am not ready to pay 2 lakhs more. but when you look at it from outside the car is the same and people dont say this is classic or elegance..they say wow its skoda fabia..ok on their stability in india, in initial years they too had similar problems like vw polo, but they are streamlined now and their spares and service has came down drastically by 50% and also sales service outlets increased. so you can just go for this car...now problems..and regarding the driving feel and comfort none other car i liked over this.

2. if you are careful about budget and service cost, then go for RITZ this is a VFM car with good space inside and you can get this car for 5.8 with bargain..good mileage,service back up,cheap spares,easy to maintain....

hope i made things clear for you and wish all the good luck...for your new car decision

regards

Ramakrishna reddy

#90 25-Jan, 2011 11:40 AM
Shailinder
Long-termer

Rkrish,

I have a difference of opinion here and would like to tell you that most of the rear window in present day hatches open up to 60-70% only. You check Fabia, Punto, Polo, Figo or Vista etc.

Secondly, ground clearance of Figo is 168mm, Punto is 171mm and Fabia 158mm. So it is higher then Fabia. You check any site and you will find people going GA GA about Figo non existence turbo lag, which makes this car a very good city car.

Yes, Polo, Punto and Fabia are sturdy cars in comparison of Figo but Figo is not far behind. Figo offers, keyless entry, stereo with blue tooth connectivity and you can make / receive calls, ABS with EBD, dual airbags, front power windows, Premium seat fabric on top end version, rear washer / wiper, defogger, parcel tray and what not.

In fact, Punto Emotion offers ABS with EBD, keyless entry, stereo, front and rear power windows, rear washer / wiper, defogger and parcel tray.

Whereas, Fabia Ambiente has dual airbags, front power windows, parcel tray and that’s it. As far as budget is concerned in Delhi Figo is roughly around 5.85 lakhs without any discount. For Fabia and Punto I need to stretch a little.

Last Updated: 25-Jan, 2011 11:41 AM, by Shailinder

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)