New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#211 10-Apr, 2011 11:45 PM
Jay
Driven
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2011

Thanks Dr. Vikas. Sorry for the typo, mine is a 1.2 TDI diesel elegance. The noise was like a vibration of some part that starts when engine speed reaches approx 1500 rpm and the noise increases afterwards proportional to the increase in rpm levels.

There is a small sheet that cover some wires below the passenger side dashboard above the bonnet lever (is this the place where pollen filter is located?). This sheet cover was fallen down once and it was fixed there again by one of the technician. This cover can be pulled out and pushed back. I am not sure if this sound is coming bacause of this or not. I also suspect the bonnet lever which i have to check again.

0 members liked this post

#212 11-Apr, 2011 09:09 AM
Fabia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2011

Thank You Vikas for the response.

Mine is Ambiente 1.2 TDi and ya this is basically a metal noise which lasts for about 4-5 seconds at 1500-1600 RPM at 3rd and 4th gear  and appears exactly in left front side. Seems some part is loose or misaligned and will be getting it checked with service. One more info this is audible only when vehicle is running not even on cold start.

#213 11-Apr, 2011 12:29 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

Hello guys,

Now I am at the service station only for the 16 point free check up.. the technician just showed me how to open the pollen filter... Jayblor, it is exactly there as you mentioned & very easy to take out, next time I would certainly do the cleaning myself...

Now something about the problem faced by fabia.info & jayblor... I was under impression that your cars are petrol ones & now after knowing the fact I am really stunned... will try to get some info from the works manager & let you know soon...  

Hi all, Just had the work done & the car is ready for delivery.. Writing in details soon...

#214 11-Apr, 2011 01:19 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Kya baat hai Vikas. You seems to be happy with the service of Skoda. Good going man.

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#215 11-Apr, 2011 02:10 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Shailinder

Kya baat hai Vikas. You seems to be happy with the service of Skoda. Good going man.

Hi Shailinder,

It is the matter of 'honour' for Skoda, not for me or anybody else... At least they are getting 'some' good feedbacks these days... 

Jokes apart, my Fab is showing remarkable improvement after the check up.. I am updating the details of the '16 points' by this evening, man, that includes all top ups- engine oil, brake oil, coolant also & that for FREE.. what more one can expect from Skoda.. The ASS is improving, that's what I can say..

Bye,

#216 11-Apr, 2011 03:31 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Posted by dr.vikas

Hi Shailinder,

It is the matter of 'honour' for Skoda, not for me or anybody else... At least they are getting 'some' good feedbacks these days... 

Jokes apart, my Fab is showing remarkable improvement after the check up.. I am updating the details of the '16 points' by this evening, man, that includes all top ups- engine oil, brake oil, coolant also & that for FREE.. what more one can expect from Skoda.. The ASS is improving, that's what I can say..

Bye,

Good going Skoda. Well I am eagarly waiting for the details by you. After all you are keeping interest of the people in this thread otherwise, Kunaal the initiator is busy or not available to comment most of the times.Cool

Nothing personal against Kunaal as such Laughing anybody can be busy and I understand that...

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#217 11-Apr, 2011 05:33 PM
Deepak Bafna
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Apr 2011

This thread has influenced a lot of ppl in to buying the fabia (including me Laughing)

Getting delivery of my 1.2 tdi elegance tomorrow. any checklist to be followed before taking delivery.

#218 11-Apr, 2011 09:07 PM
Jay
Driven
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2011

I also went today for the summer checkup. As mentioned in my previous post the main intention was to have a checkup for the rattle issue. Here is a summary of how it went:

-Fixed an appointment and reached workshop on time at 10 AM.
-Had to wait for 45 minutes for someone to come and prepare the job card.
-The commitment was 2 hours for summer checkup and rattle fixing (expecting delivery at 1 PM).
-No one had touched the vehicle for the next 2 hours and the service advisor who attended me was disappeared from the scene in the meantime.
-Upon my continuous insistence another technical advisor was assigned for the job.He started the work at ~1 PM and finished everything at around 3 PM.
-A third service advisor was assigned for final paperwork and delivery of the car. He wasn't aware of this rattle issue mentioned in the job card and when I explained him in details he blindly told it was a/c blower problem that is common in all fabia and claimed that they fixed it!
-Went for a test drive. Overall I felt the running a bit more smooth and better but the noise was still there very much (increased a bit more).
-Returned back to the workshop and now only they actually started working on the noise issue.
-After 2.5 hours of diagnosis they told me that the noise might be because of some loose screw inside the dashboard rod. They have to remove the entire dashboard for fixing it need 5-6 hours more and can give it back only on next day evening. They had already removed some parts of the dashbaord (golve box etc). It was already 6 PM then. Since I am planning for a 5 days vacation trip out of town (~1000km to and fro) and  the issue itself was not a major one (I wouldnt have cared the rattle if it was a maruti car!) and the fitting of opened dashboard doesn't take much time I demanded the car back and they agreed to work on the issue after one week. The overall experience was not good but atleast they tried very hard in the last 2-3 hours to identify the issue that makes me bit satisfied and hope that they will be able to rectify it next time without causing any damage!

#219 12-Apr, 2011 12:25 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi Shailinder,

Good one on Kunaal's status.. I appreciate that... In fact, I noticed it long back & felt it strange also..

BTW, I came across some more threads on similar topic (related to Skoda/ dealer/ Fabia1.2 TDI) in his name on TeamBHP also, now, am keen on to go through those just to see his active participation...

@ fabia.info & jayblor,

Somehow I tried to get the answer for your problem at the workshop today... in short, according to the service person, there is the AC blower motor located on the lt. side & in case, if there happens to have some play in the blower motor, one may observe such type of sound.. it is just a technical error & there is nothing much serious matter with this... Now to locate the same & get the problem fixed, you need to visit your nearest Skoda service station..

hope, there won't be any different issue with your car & the matter gets resolved easily...

Regards,

Last Updated: 12-Apr, 2011 12:29 AM, by dr.vikas

#220 12-Apr, 2011 08:51 AM
Fabia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2011

Hi Vikas and Jayblor

Thanks for sharing the information.

I will be visiting the service station on Friday and ya even i am suspecting this either the AC blower motor play or the airfilter rattle. Let's see. I heard that the AC blower motor alignment changes after rough use and after some thousands of kilometers but mine has done only 1400Kms. But sometimes some issues like this crop up in some vehicles. Let's see. I will update you guys once i visit workshop