New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#191 08-Apr, 2011 12:57 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

@kk9974

I have a petrol elegance. I had visited the workshop for turning off the DRLs. There are two ways to go about it. Firstly, the VAS (software) can be used to turn it off. The w/shop front office guy was vehemently saying that  it cant be done. But later I found another technician who supported me. Unfortunately, it was discovered that there is an issue in the VAS connection. They will procure the replacement connector for me.

the second method is to locate the fuse and  deactivate it by that method.

pls keep us posted on ur course of action.

0 members liked this post

#192 08-Apr, 2011 01:18 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested
Joined Date: 30 Nov 2010

Posted by kk9974

Sorry guys,as its late to be in contact with you all.On  21st of feb ,my fab and my family  met  with an accident.Everything went well but both the doors of co-driver side were totally damaged.and on 22nd feb  I left  my car at Channel motors Haldwani(skoda dealer).After contacting customer care several times and sending mail to skoda customer care, I got it back on 23rd march(one month and two days).and10% of its work is still left.

On 26th march, I took my car and my family to Delhi-Jaipur-udaipur-ranthambore-jaipur-delhi (total journey 2120 kms in one week) tour and then back to home.Every time 4-5 passengers were there in it and nearly 80% AC was ON on the way.Toppest speed ,I touched was 135.Overall milage I got is  20km/l.Earlier ,I went to Nainital I got an average of 21.5 with it.

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same.

Hi Kapil, sorry to learn about the accident and Thank God that you guys safely escaped from it and all is well.

Miles to go.

#193 08-Apr, 2011 01:22 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Hi jamchamp,

btw, whats the mileage that you are geeting with your Petrol Elagance in Mumbai traffic. Heard enough (though its never enough to hear good things about this loving car!) good numbers from Dr.Vikas about the Diesel but haven't much input from Petrol Fabia owners. So come one you Petrol Fabia owbers, share your mileage numbers, city as well as highway.

Miles to go.

#194 08-Apr, 2011 03:01 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

@Nakum:

90% of travel is daily commute (~3 km each way with fairly heavy traffic) with AC on at lowest blower setting. I have tried the tankful method and am getting between 9-10 kmpl.

On a few long distance (~ 10-20 km each way) I have observed FE of 14-16 kmpl with similar AC settings.

#195 08-Apr, 2011 05:23 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Posted by kk9974

I would like to know that day light in Elegance model is every time ON  as many people on the way indicate  me for the same.

It is really sad to note that you met with an accident and got it back after a month. Well ASS is something on which Skoda should work. They are not working on this direction at all or the improvement is very slow and because of that people to tilting towards other brands.

As far as day light is concerned so that is called DRL (Day Time Running Light). That is there so that on coming people / vehicles can see you during day time as well. Consider it is a big safety feature and nothing else. I am sure you must have seen few Audi's or BMW's with lights on (LEDs near head light). This is a must feature in Europe and America now a days.

I would highly recommand it to stay on for your own safety. Let people raise points that your lights are on, they are raising because they are able to see it and that is the whole purpose of DRLs.

Think wisely....

All the best

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.
Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2011 05:26 PM, by Shailinder

#196 08-Apr, 2011 05:54 PM
Suresh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2011

hi

this is my first post on carwale.

stumbled on this site while researching for my first car.

I was thinking of ford figo but now almost finalised on new skoda fabia ambiente 1.2 TDI (in spite of recent price hike!). The sheer class,comfort & space of fabia bowled me over and made me stretch my budget. After all i plan to keep the car for atleast 5 yrs.

My daily running is 40km in chennai city and 400 km monthly on highways. Was confused between petrol and diesel versions but EMI+ fuel cost calculations for my usage called for the diesel one. 

still some doubts remain on the skoda ASS and mileage.

need opinion of fabia owners on my decision.

Thank you

Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2011 05:55 PM, by smdr

#197 08-Apr, 2011 06:51 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

Welcome Suresh,  to CarWale.

The confusion is very likely as both of these fall into almost similar price tag territory, but having lot of differnce in Price/Quality and Status values.. Figo TDCi Titanum or Fabia TDI Ambient?

Let's hope you will find valuable suggestion from this one of the most lively thread about Fabia.

Good Luck!

Miles to go.

#198 08-Apr, 2011 06:58 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested

In American/European countries the weather changes rapidly, also they commute a lot for work and thats require DRL as one of the essential safety features. But in India we have good weather and visibility during the day time that does not make it an essential safety requirements. We have still long way to go to have even Airbags and ABS in our cars!!!

jokes apart, just come across few facts supporting our ongoing disucssion about DRL,

In 1972 Finland introduced mandatory (manual) use of headlights during the day. Other Scandinavian countries followed.

In 1989 Canada introduced mandatory automatic DRLs for new cars

DRLs have been standard on all GM cars in the USA since 1995

Source: PDF

Specific to Skoda Fabia and other European vehilcles,

Daytime Running Lights for all new vehicles from 2011 to increase road safety.

Source: linky

Miles to go.

#199 08-Apr, 2011 09:43 PM
Fabia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2011

Hi @smdr,

I was owning Ford Figo for an year and upgraded to Skoda Fabia Ambiente 1.2Tdi. You can blindly feel the next class of comfort in Skoda and ofcourse a very classy feel. Ya regarding ASS you cannot expect it as good as Ford. But you will generally not face issues with the vehicle. Mileage wise you will find it more or less as Figo. The Ground clearance is excellent compared to Figo. I mentioned this earlier in my posts.

#200 09-Apr, 2011 07:47 AM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jan 2011

Hi everybody,

thanks for your kind concern.In reality skoda ASS is lacking behind other brands in the market . As in my case ,two doors were to be changed.Dealer told me that the doors were not available to the company itself.He called me four times to pick my car ready but he himself couldnt maintain his promise.On 23 march ,when they were again making excuses  ,ANGRILY  I told them that today I am surely going to take my car from here whether it takes 8 or 9pm at night.and I am not going to close your workshop today.After few hours dealer himself assured  me how much work is done today in that you take your car and pending work  can be done after ten - twelve days.In workshop my car got one dent on driver side door and same side rear veiw mirror was also broken.Though he promised that both  will be manage by himself. In my case I found dealer fault more than the company.

Leaving behind all these, I would say that Fabia is a good product  and I enjoy its driving.