vikas,

my guess shld be around 780~790

0 members liked this post

#162 02-Apr, 2011 07:42 PM
Bala
Road-tested
Joined Date: 17 Mar 2011

Hi Fabians,

I'm eagerly waiting for my Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI Elegance model from Gurudev Motors, Chennai. I was promised 24th April delivery. My dealership exp. so far has been good esp. with sales rep. Prabha. She went out of her way to explain me evrything i asked her. I bargained for few freebies for the first time in my 3 cars ownership YellWinkTongue out (learned from the fellow owners on this forum).

She instantly promised me free Teflon coating, underneath anti-corrosive painting, mud flaps and mats. I don't know the total value of the freebies but I'm happy.

Guys, did anyone in the forum got the first service of the new skoda fabia. 

#163 02-Apr, 2011 08:39 PM
Fabia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Jan 2011

I would like to tell you certain things

1.  underneath anti-corrosive painting : This is a clear cheating as the car itself comes with a underneath coating and 2 year anti corrosion warranty. Actually i too believed this and later i came to know that underneath coating cannot be done from their own service station as the car already has rubber like coating at bottom. Even if they do the coating it will not stick. I confirmed from both vadapalani and guindy service. Please argue with them with proof and take some other freebie like tank full etc.

2. Mud flaps and Floor mats : This is the local one which they offer as freebie. If you want original you will have to pay Rs2000 as difference. I am telling you this as out of experience.

3. Teflon is something which they do but not as professional as 3M. They are required to do this anyway i will tell you the reason. The roof and the bonnet and door handles are all covered with plastic cover stuck with glue when the car arrives from factory. When they remove the plastic cover they need to use the teflon substance to clear it.

You can actually bargain for the OE floor and mud flaps and tank full(20 litres comes with car and 25 Litres is the coupon which they give), 3M sunfilm.

Last Updated: 02-Apr, 2011 08:40 PM, by fabia.info

#164 03-Apr, 2011 12:42 PM
Bala
Road-tested

Thanks mate,

very helpful and appreciate your detail reply on the so called freebies. I would negotiate for OE floor and mud flaps, 3m sunfilm and tank full. 

Last Updated: 03-Apr, 2011 12:43 PM, by mbgr1947

#165 03-Apr, 2011 12:47 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

Posted by jamchamp

@drvikas: 765-770

i up my range by 14 kms, i.e. 779-784

#166 04-Apr, 2011 01:20 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Hey Guys,

Very anxious to receive delivery of my fabia 1.2 tdi elegance in the week of April 20th.

Happened to go thru OLD Team BHP ownership reviews on old fabia 1.4 mpi and 1.4 TDI today. Very very scary reviews on the OLD MODELS car stalling IN TRAFFIC AND HIGHWAYS from the 1st month itself. Legal battles with the skoda company by one HarishV and likewise many owners spitting venom on skoda.

As a future skoda fabia owner I'm really tensed if i have made the right choice. Any new skoda fabia 1.2 tdi owner from Chennai, I would be happy to call you or can reach me on 95000 23089.

Appreciate your advice.

Last Updated: 04-Apr, 2011 01:21 AM, by mbgr1947

#167 04-Apr, 2011 09:49 AM
Fabia
New Arrival

Hi,

I bought 1.2 CR TDi on from Gurudev and i have done about a 1200Km. Don't worry you will enjoy the vehicle. Just make sure you check the vehicle thoroughly before taking delivery becoz i had paint issues with the left mirror cover and they replaced it. Also check for scratches etc. Best thing is to pressure the sales person to show the vehicle in the yard before registration.

You can meet Mr Vasanth in Arumbakkam branch service for any issues. He is a helpful person. Guindy is managed by Mr Sundar who is generally busy but on insistence will attend to you. Others are ok as they don't have full knowledge. This is just for information. Generally the problem with Skoda is they are very slow in doing things. For eg you ask a query they take their own time to respond. If they have to change something in warranty then they send mail etc and get the approval and then only proceed. But other companies simply change the part and then claim it.

I have heard from others that most of the parts are being manufactured in Pune plant unlike before where they were being imported and hence expensive.

Caution : Make sure you inform that you will make payment just before(2days) registration. As the sales people will try to push you to pay once the vehicle has started from factory(10-12 days earlier). I am saying this becoz sometimes the car get damaged/scratches during transport or last minute allocation to other influential people keeping you on hold or by simply pushing other color cars claiming that the factory didn't displatch your preffered color etc.

Last Updated: 04-Apr, 2011 09:52 AM, by fabia.info

#168 04-Apr, 2011 11:51 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Thanks, man.

As always your suggestions are very helpful. I know these questions have been asked umpteen times in this forum. Jus wanted to check with fellow Chennaite.

1. Do you think they would allow me to check the vehicle before registration in their warehouse.

2.what is the city and highway mileage with A.C are u getting. 

3. Is ordinary Diesel good enough or should we use Shell Diesel which is little expensive.

4. Did u find any problem with the speed breakers due to low grnd clearance of the car ( I know the grnd clearance has been slightly increased from the old car).

Thanks in advance.

Bala

#169 04-Apr, 2011 11:52 AM
Bala
Road-tested

Hey,

Did anyone in the forum get the new skoda fabia 1.2 tdi 1st service done. If so, plse share your experience.

#170 04-Apr, 2011 09:35 PM
Fabia
New Arrival

1. Do you think they would allow me to check the vehicle before registration in their warehouse.

They will not allow in a smooth way. Since they pressurized me to pay 12 days before i took it up with Skoda India and then negotiated with the dealer to pay balance amt (apart from advance) only after seeing the car 2 days beofre registration. The dealer deciding authority there is Paras and Moorthy. The car will come to vadapalani branch for teflon coating and thats wheeree i saw mine. Infact many companies allow you to check the vehicle before registration. I did that for Ford Figo my earlier car.

2.what is the city and highway mileage with A.C are u getting. 

This part i have not calculated exactly. I can say similar to Figo around 11-13 in city and 17+ in highways.

3. Is ordinary Diesel good enough or should we use Shell Diesel which is little expensive.

Just go only for ordinary diesel. Preferably BP company operated outlet.

4. Did u find any problem with the speed breakers due to low grnd clearance of the car ( I know the grnd clearance has been slightly increased from the old car).

Ground clearance is excellent. Though specification says 158mm it is far far better then my figo with 168mm ground clearance. It will neither scrap the mud flaps or the under chasis. This part i am very sure.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)