Login using Carwale ID
Please enter your Email Id
Don't have an account? Register Here
Already have an account?
No city match.
Please enter your city.
I have booked Fabia 1.2 TDI elegance today. BTW, i SAW 4 FABIAS getting ready for delivery today at Gurudev Motors, Chennai.
I forgot- the waiting period is 3 weeks
Congrates MBGR, I am sure you will have many miles on you Fabia...Do share your dealership experience and after delivery as well.
slightly OT.. mumbai ppl can help..
i got a few scratches on my side mirror. Can see white line (i think thats primer). Will the workshop (sewri/reay road) help in restoring it?
any body has resolved any similar issues earlier.
Take it to 3M guys and they will apply rubbing polish it should solve the problem as it is not deep. Don't worry even if it has to be painted as the whole side mirror assembly need not be removed even if it has to be painted. The white part is a separate plastic piece which can be removed without touching the whole assembly.
Good Bits –
1) Illuminated dual glove box
2) Large and practical boot
3) Gear shift indicator : helps fuel efficiency
4) Height adjustable driver seat : Steering also adjustable for reach and height.
5) Hand brake on warning light and warning chime : Very useful
6) Power windows – practical features : Auto up/down, can be operated even when car is switched off and can operate them while locking the car from the outside too.
7) Powerful AC
8) Conviniently located lever to flip front seats backrest forward: Access even from the rear seats.
9) Rear AC vents : Not the as effective as a dedicated rear seat vent but does help in air circulation near the rear passenger seats.
Not so good Bits –
1) Spongy brake feed back :The brake works fine but the pedal response does not feel that it bites the brake as well as a old Honda City or the Ford Icon. Not sure if its just my car
2) Aircon circulation swich – fiddly : The circulation switches to the other mode the moment you rotate the thermostat dial.
3) No grab handles above the passenger doors : Practical and useful touch
4) Fuel filler needs to be opened with a key: Primitive.. why?
5) No manual locking pin to lock/unlock doors from the inside: Just a matter of habit I guess, but I still miss it.
6) No rear power windows and rear wiper wash even on car costing 6.8 Lakhs on road in Mumbai
Welcome back once again to the thread after a long break... Your good work always make this thread live! hoping you must be in touch with the posts written by many new & old friends ... Do share your opinion/ suggestions on the older posts also, if any..
Hi every Fab lover,
I just had a one day trip to Mumbai yesterday only... Total 764 kms of travel including 4/ 5 hrs of 'exhausting' city drive & rest of it, sheer pleasure on the NH4 ... within 18 hrs in all.. with the highest speed achieved just below180 kmph (beating my previous best of 160+ on NH4 itself, on the way to Bangalore.. this time near Panvel on the express way..)
No.. That's not the all what I wanted to share with you.. but a little guess work is also expected from all the Fab owners/ members .. I am still astounded with the performance of my Fab, really gr8!!! (that's the only clue..)
By now, all of you might be knowing, there is warning light / chime indicator as well for the fuel reserve indication.. On my journey back to home, I refueled the car with 4.85 ltrs (for Rs. 200/-) at HP pump at Ajinkyatara Sugar Factory, Satara. All I wished to check the FE of my car, taking the advantage of the reserve indicator.. The trip meter reading was 689.6, when the chime struck before refueling ..
Now, my simple question for all you there- what could be the trip meter reading when the reserve chime struck the next time??? (e.g. after consuming all those 'valuable' 4.85 ltrs..)
I'll be disclosing the 'figure' only after having at least 5 replies here... BTW, no any prizes to be won for that ...
The reading shall be between 764 and 767.
I am very keenly watching this thread to finalize my next car. KunaalSaigal and yours input on the Fabia are very genuine and leading the customers towards Fabia.
Mainly waiting to get some more information regarding service cost of 1st and 2nd including the breakup of materials used and labor charges.
Thanks a lot Johnson, for your reply & for the compliments as well ..
I won't be commenting/ disclosing anything right now about the 'quiz'.. Let the others do try before the declaration... Keep guessing guys..
BTW, few days back I have got the 5 wheel rotation, balancing & alignment of my Fab done for some 340+ Rs. after having completed 7600 kms.. (& that just before my Mumbai trip)
I called on to the Skoda service station before outsourcing the job at New International Tyres, Kolhapur.. They are the authorized distributors for Bridgestone.. Since last 4/ 5 yrs (or even more), I have been getting all the related work of my car done from them only..
And obviously there are reasons for that- 2 Well equipped showrooms, professional yet genuine service & nice quality workmanship at reasonable rates... Hopefully visiting them very soon for the free check up offered..
Thanx jamchamp for your reply, well try but that's not enough... Hmm, I still need to wait for another 2-3 guesses by our friends..
Let's see who comes closer... BTW you may go for one more chance....
What I could disclose right now is about the situation--
It was 12 midnight when I was there on NH4 near Satara (Anewadi toll booth)
Speed was constant at about 100 kmph
RPM was around 2-2.5K
AC was on (step-1)
Hardly needed to apply the clutch or break or to revv..
I'll give you the next clue (if required) which will almost get you up to the answer in my next post...
Download Our Mobile App
Follow us on
Give us your feedback
Ask the Experts