Select Your City

for best experience

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#121 21-Feb, 2011 02:08 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

@ mohsinsFAB,

Congrats on your purchase!! No doubt, it's a very good decision...

It's a fact that many of the prospected 'Elegance- petrol' buyers are shifting towards 'Amb- TDI' model. And that's quite obviously because of the regular hikes in the petrol prices. But that couldn't be the only reason. In fact, Fabia TDI has now proven its ability & quality in every aspect- ride quality as well as engine performance. Comfort in Fabia is always at top class in its category.

My Amb. TDI is giving FE of about 20 kmpl with A/C on to me & that's going to be improved for sure as I am going to install a good quality Sun films all over (4 windows & both wind screens as well) this week.

I'll share my exerience in details very soon..

@ Nakum,

No need for you to be getting confused here. Just follow a simple theory- if your monthly running is a bit on higher side (say 1200+ kms), blindly go for a TDI. And if it's below 1000 kms per month, petrol could do the job for you... All other factors are subjective & depend a lot on your personal requirements & thinking etc. All the best!!!

Regards,

0 members liked this post

#122 21-Feb, 2011 02:53 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

Hi

I am about to get delivery of a Skoda Fabia petrol Elegance. Can anyone help out on the following query although this thread is meant for a different fabia variant.

I was quoted the cost of fitting rear speakers as Rs 6k by the dealer (Autobahn Prabhadevi). I got the same speakers from outside @ Rs 2.4k. Initially the dealer had confirmed that they will fit it for me. Now they are saying that the rear speakers fitting charge is 3k. When I confronted them that Vinayak Skoda Bangalore has charged someone Rs 300 recently for the same task, they backtracked saying that Fabia Elegance model doesn't support rear speakers (JBL GT5 S265).

Can anyone confirm or  refute this please?

Rgds

Anshuman

#123 21-Feb, 2011 03:02 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested
Joined Date: 30 Nov 2010

Posted by dr.vikas

It's a fact that many of the prospected 'Elegance- petrol' buyers are shifting towards 'Amb- TDI' model. And that's quite obviously because of the regular hikes in the petrol prices. 

My Amb. TDI is giving FE of about 20 kmpl with A/C on to me & that's going to be improved for sure as I am going to install a good quality Sun films all over (4 windows & both wind screens as well) this week.

I'll share my exerience in details very soon..

@ Nakum,

No need for you to be getting confused here. Just follow a simple theory- if your monthly running is a bit on higher side (say 1200+ kms), blindly go for a TDI. And if it's below 1000 kms per month, petrol could do the job for you... All other factors are subjective & depend a lot on your personal requirements & thinking etc. All the best!!!

Regards,

Hi Dr Vikas,

The monthly running thing comes to play only if one is comparing same model for Petrol & Diesel engines e.g. Elegance Petrol or Elegance Diesel because the difference in price among the same varient is huge (90K to 1L). But here difference is only 25K and I dont mind in spending this much if I will get that super 20+ kml FE that too for 42/-Rs a litre of Diesel! Of course I will lose some good features of Elegance, but those are not very essential features except ABS/EBD.

What you think of it?

Posted by jamchamp

I was quoted the cost of fitting rear speakers as Rs 6k by the dealer (Autobahn Prabhadevi). I got the same speakers from outside @ Rs 2.4k. Initially the dealer had confirmed that they will fit it for me. Now they are saying that the rear speakers fitting charge is 3k. When I confronted them that Vinayak Skoda Bangalore has charged someone Rs 300 recently for the same task, they backtracked saying that Fabia Elegance model doesn't support rear speakers (JBL GT5 S265).

Can anyone confirm or  refute this please?

Rgds

Anshuman

Hi Anshuman,

Is your dealer fitting the JBL or something like original Skoda accessory (I'm not sure which make Skoda original accessory speaker comes from). Because I can see from the Skoda Inida, New Fab website Accessory list that rear speaker kit costs something around 7,729/-Rs. They dont mention about the vendor, but you should check with the dealer which company speaker they will fit. Also check whether the dealer prvodies the original speaker, in that case I can say that around 6K for rear speaker is reasonable.

But if the dealer is fitting JBL for 6K and the same you are getting from outside, simply go the outsider. Just make sure they install it without cutting the wires and voiding the warranty!

Miles to go.

#124 21-Feb, 2011 03:57 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

@ Nakum: I took the same model which dealer was going to fit in my car. he was charging me 4.5k (mentioned 6k by mistake). Even for reverse parking sensors, I got the same model (Xenos) he was going to fit. The dealer quoted 6k plus taxes for it and I got it for 2.8k with warranty.

#125 21-Feb, 2011 10:19 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by Nakum

Hi Dr Vikas,

The monthly running thing comes to play only if one is comparing same model for Petrol & Diesel engines e.g. Elegance Petrol or Elegance Diesel because the difference in price among the same varient is huge (90K to 1L). But here difference is only 25K and I dont mind in spending this much if I will get that super 20+ kml FE that too for 42/-Rs a litre of Diesel! Of course I will lose some good features of Elegance, but those are not very essential features except ABS/EBD.

What you think of it?

Hi Nakum'

You are taking it on a wrong note, as choosing a petrol or a diesel variant has nothing to do with the price of the particular vehicle.. It has been discussed many times in this thread only in the past also & people had been benefited with that during their state of confusion.. 

It's something like normally a diesel vehicle should be preferred by those having more & regular running only; due to its comparatively high maintenance cost & not only because of the basic price difference in the two. As it's quite obvious, with minimal total running (say per year), the benefit in terms of the running cost (cost per km in Rs.) will ultimately be lower. So calculate the comparative plus & minus points & then decide. (Refer to the discussion in the previous posts to get all the doubts cleared)..

I still remember, Dr.Raja from Chennai had same confusion like yours & he eventually ended up in purchasing Petrol variant of Fabia.. Hope you have got the point, I want to make..

Thanks & regards, 

Last Updated: 21-Feb, 2011 10:42 PM, by dr.vikas

#126 23-Feb, 2011 07:54 PM
Gursheetal
Driven
Joined Date: 05 Apr 2007

Hi Every one- 

I have been driving my fabia for a month now and the experience has been outstanding!!!!... The drive feel is just too good. 

I was checking the rear a.c vents beneath the front seats- the observation was that the outflow from those vents is very less... is that the experience with other car owners as well???

Cheers

#127 23-Feb, 2011 10:53 PM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

HI 

Got delivery of the car today I didn't find any manual/instructions for Beat Music system. Is that normal? The car manual says refer to Music system manual for the music system.

Guess will have to call the dealer and find out tomm.

@ dr.vikas: how much did your 3M films cost you?

#128 01-Mar, 2011 10:30 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Posted by jamchamp

@ dr.vikas: how much did your 3M films cost you?

Hi jamchamp,

I paid Rs.13.5K for 2 sets of 3M complete car kit (RE50 for sides and RE70 for front & rear wind shields). (the otherone for Linea of my friend)...

He had gone to Delhi. I placed the order on phone with Mr.Rajiv, who arranged doorstep delivery at the hotel. It was a very smooth & hassle free deal.. Smile

Had got it installed yesterday only (along with the rear speakers/ tweeters also) at Sangli.

Speakers- Sony XS GTF 1626 (16 cm Coaxial) & Tweeters- Power Bass (sound just ok for my taste)

Paid a sum of 3.7K towards film installation & the audio components in all

Writing about the experience very soon...

Regards,

#129 02-Mar, 2011 08:12 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested

I got rear co-axials (JBL s265) but then discovered that the beat music system doesn't have rear pin outs..

sunfilm: should get installed today, planning for V-Kool for sides and rear and maybe 3M for front.. expect package not to exceed 10k (vis-a-vis 15k if i opt for v-kool only)..

Last Updated: 02-Mar, 2011 08:13 AM, by jamchamp

#130 07-Mar, 2011 07:00 PM
Anant
Long-termer
Joined Date: 18 Apr 2010

Hi Vikas,

I'm too impressed with the new Fabulous Fab1.2TDi. Planning to buy a one. But its going beyond my budget (which is stretchable upto 6 )

I live in Pune and The 1.2 TDi Ambiente is costing 6.7 On road.

They are offerring a corporate discount of 10K..thats it ..SO it is 6.6 on road ( without Music System )

How can we reduce it further ? I mean if we dont opt for Skoda shield and take the insurance from outside rather than the dealer

Please guide.

Regards,

Anant

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)