Select Your City

for best experience

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#111 30-Jan, 2011 01:09 PM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jan 2011

@ Kunaal saigal,

thanks for your appreciation.because of this thread today FAB is one of our family member .

@Hello Dr. Vikas,

thankyou for your reply.please give me some tips to get more mileage.

i would like to know that when i start my car a sound KA-AR use to come just for a second ,is it with all these cars or there is some problem in mine only.

before, i was driving U-VA and its cabin was super silent.but in fab sometimes  i feel cabin noise is more .Is all diesel cars have  such noise?

@hi Dr. Pakha,

i am not against white color.My first choice was white but it was not available.so i had my second option c-beige and this color is GREAT in itself nodoubt.

@ hi anshuman,

within aday or two , i will definate send you some beautiful photos of my beautiful fab.

Last Updated: 30-Jan, 2011 01:10 PM, by kk9974
0 members liked this post

#112 01-Feb, 2011 11:51 AM
Shreyansh Kocheri
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jan 2011

Hi All,

thanks for all your inputs & feedback! really happy to hear from you all.

this weekend we are going to decide the colour & book the car

however the TDI Elegance is crossing my budget of 7.5L also taking a look at DZire & Manza..

I know these are totally different segments all together but would just like to TD them once..

Any idea how the Fabia will perform against these two??

and how has the highway experience been so far?? is Fabia passed by Sedans or it holds it own on high speed ???

Cheeers!!!! 

#113 03-Feb, 2011 02:46 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Fabia will out perform or under perform but it depends on you. They are from two different leagues, Manza and Dsire themselves are from different league. 

TD them and you will understand what i am saying. Difference is what you want to see in them rather than anything else.

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#114 03-Feb, 2011 06:27 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

@ kk9974,

IMO, getting good mileage is a result of your driving style & fuel quality you use for the vehicle!!

Now, fuel quality is not at all in our hand, but anyway with adoption of some tips, one can practically get better mileage.. I would suggest you a link of such an article, you may follow it for the tips-

http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=23  

Regards, 

#115 03-Feb, 2011 06:38 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

@ Shreya,

Don't get confused..

First you decide about the segment which suits your requirements- practically... Do consider the opinions/ views of your family members.. And then plan your budget accordingly...

One can't replace the car very often (under normal conditions), so be focused on what you really need & then think about which options you can have... 

Regards,  

Last Updated: 03-Feb, 2011 06:41 PM, by dr.vikas

#116 12-Feb, 2011 11:28 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved

Hi everybody,

Where are you all??

Looks the thread has entered into some boring discussions.. Share some informative posts. 

@ Shreya, 

What's the recent development in your purchase? Do share your experiences..

Regards,

#117 18-Feb, 2011 07:49 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

Hi Guys

Dont know if this post belongs here or not. But I am not sure too many Fabia owners may be tracking other threads..

Getting delivery of my Fab in 2-3 days. Payment has been already done and registration process just started. 

I havent been able to get any reduction in any price anywhere (jncluding depot handling charges of 4k). however the dealer has agreed to fit the accessories for me even if i dont get it from him.

I plan to get rear speakers and rear parking sensors fitted. The dealer has said that their listed accessory is JBL GT5 S265. My doubt is that I read that the impedance is 4 ohms for these speakers, so will they work fine with the standard HU or do I need to shell out more for an amp.

A quick response will be great!! 

#118 18-Feb, 2011 12:10 PM
iSpoke
Road-tested
Joined Date: 30 Nov 2010

Hi Anshuman,

hey, I'm not a experience person in this matter but I had comeacross a very similar query. In that case the person was hesitant in installtin speakers having 4ohms and the standard (or the one compatible with music player) was 2ohms. It could be vice a versa also. But the conclusion was that the difference of 2ohm does not hamper either player of speaker.

Still beeter to have an expert advice in such, lets see we have anybody here to answer your query with confidence.

Miles to go.

#119 20-Feb, 2011 10:37 AM
Mohsin
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Jan 2011

Hi Guy,

happy to inform that i got the delivery on friday of my Fabia (White, TDI ambient)

done 200kms in city so far.most of it was take on small rides to lot of close freinds and relatives.

very excited .the city ride is very smooth with lot of ease and comfort, no pot hols are experienced atall.

the adjustable steering gives really a different feel to the drive.

lot of people who sat in as every one wanted to have a look in, from my office any from my family .all were impressed on the steating comfort, leg room, interiors and the ride quality.

White colour really makes the car as richness personified.

i discovered that the car has gear shift indicator that was a surprise.

will update once i come from a long drive trip.may i will be going to mahabaleshwar in next 10days.

#120 20-Feb, 2011 10:58 AM
iSpoke
Road-tested
Joined Date: 30 Nov 2010

Hi Mohsin,

Congratulations for the new Fab you got in Feb!

Actually I'm bit confused between the Petrol Elegance and Diesel Ambient models, since the difference is about 25K on road prices in pune. As some of the basic features like music player, rear power windows, ABS, etc. are not available in Ambinet version, I'm not sort of fully satisfied with Ambient. But when it comes to FE, I think I should go for Diesel Ambinet rather than fully loaded Petrol Elegance, because I heard the TDI gives too good FE. Good to know that you got Ambient, now I can clear some of my dounts with you.

Please share all your experiences with us, whether you miss any Elegance features in your Ambient.

Miles to go.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)