Select Your City

for best experience

New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI

#101 28-Jan, 2011 02:37 PM
Shreyansh Kocheri
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jan 2011

hi dr. Vikas!

thanks for the info! I am going out tomorrow to check out the price, discounts & accessories being offered in Bangalore(although ll buy it from Kolhapur only) Also can I get the insurance done from Belgaum(Kar) as insurance in Kar is cheaper compared to Maha? whilst registration is double cause of registration I might end up paying 40-50k more :S

Also wanted to ask if the parking sensor is of any help??(I mean absolute necessity?? makes things very easy??) and how much will he quote for it?

I am not able to choose the colour also as my wife does not want white & shes more interested in black.. I like the red but just wanted to know if colours fade after 3-4 yrs & if white is the best???

0 members liked this post

#102 28-Jan, 2011 04:20 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Hi shreya,

I am sure red colour will not fade atleast in Fabia, since all Skoda cars come with paint warranty.

although silver looks very elegant on skoda cars.

#103 28-Jan, 2011 05:13 PM
Rkreddy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2011

Shreya

Nothing can beat black color if you can maintain it

morever skoda fabia looks very beautiful in black and white colors

all the best

regards

ramakrishna reddy

#104 28-Jan, 2011 05:17 PM
Shailinder
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Jul 2010

Posted by manishbajaj

Hi shreya,

I am sure red colour will not fade atleast in Fabia, since all Skoda cars come with paint warranty.

although silver looks very elegant on skoda cars.

How about beige colour ? It is actually not beige like beige interiors but very top class colour as such.

It is impossible to win the race unless you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.

#105 28-Jan, 2011 07:06 PM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

Hi Shreya,

Mine is Briliant Silver!!

To see the pics you may follow the link : 

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100000800747710&aid=24841

BTW, one of these photos was winner at the FAB moments Contest by Skoda Fabia India.. and I got a prize of a sleek 4GB USB Flash Disk...

follow the link to see the Skoda Fabia page:  http://www.facebook.com/SkodaFabiaIndia

Keep writing,

#106 28-Jan, 2011 07:23 PM
Kapil Bhatia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jan 2011

hi  shreya,

there is lot of confusion in colour  choice.my wife was also in favour of white color but as we gave two colors (white and c. beige)for option,c.beige was only available at the time of delivery and we had it.FORTUNATELY, everybody appreciated it.Though my wife has not allow me to take out the white tape from bonet and roof as she likes  white the most.

FAB LOOKS FAB -ULOUS IN C.BEIGE.

#107 29-Jan, 2011 09:47 AM
Anshuman Mohapatra
Road-tested
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2010

Posted by kk9974

FAB LOOKS FAB -ULOUS IN C.BEIGE.

Can u share some pics?

#108 29-Jan, 2011 11:27 AM
Dr.Vikas
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Jul 2010

Hi All,

The Award winning pic of my Fab...

See the hoarding behind- 'The Energy to Fly to the Newer Horizons.'

And pic of Ganesh Idol presented by Shrine Auto, Kolhapur- It's Gold plated!! 

Regards,

#109 29-Jan, 2011 12:00 PM
Kunaal Saigal
Long-termer
Joined Date: 01 Jun 2010

Hi Everyone..

@ Dr Vikas : was travelling so have been out of action.. Nice to see so much activity on the thread ,

@ Shailinder: Well its a complete Deja Vu reading about your decision making process. I went through the exact same transition. I had almost booked a Figo diesel Titanium. Just then a friend strongly recommended that I test drive the Fabia before taking the final call. 

The Figo is a great car, it may not enjoy the premium tag of the Fabia but then its not even pretending to be in the same league. Things changed for me the moment I sat inside the Fabia. It just felt so much more grown up than the Figo, however I still feel the power delivery of the Figo diesel is a lot more linear compared to the Fabia. 

Other than a small turbo lag (which is no big deal in the city) I have absolutely no complaints with my car. I first decided to buy the Classic variant - power windows at least in the front were an important factor to me so I upgraded to the Ambiente.

Another thing - My Ambiente does feature a gear change indicator on the instrument cluster. 

All the best.

Hi Kapil,

Congrats.. C Beige is a very elegant colour  

: Follow my blog : http://carsandcurios.blogspot.com/ : Cars Owned : Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDI, Ford Fiesta 1.6

#110 29-Jan, 2011 10:28 PM
Dr Pakha Tesia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2010

hi mr kapil

let me give some suggestions of choosing the fabia colour . i personally thought of folowing reasons...i have a candy white fabia now 2yrs+.

1. white looks cool and i ll say really cool not just for looks but i swear even during summer months.( rule of physics..white reflects).i found that if you just keep the window glasses little bit down and park it ( for hot air to go out) you will further decrease the heat build up inside the car. make sure you have rain guards fitted in case if it rains/rainy days. i have a red wagon R and despite the same measures  it remains terrible hot- as if i am in a hot oven.

2. in case you drive in highways or night white always helps-safety first- as otehr vehicles can see you better.

3.it is easy to maintain and repair from scratches/ dents.  the paint quality used in our fabia is top class. even today many of my friends thinks i bought it few months back. compare it with any other white colours cars in the market today and might be after few yrs..

3.the overall contrasts/ character of the car stands out in white.

4.finally you feel in full peace in white...ha...ha...

this is not to offend other friends in the forum who have choosen the other colours. might be they have their own reasons,..please do add...

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)