Select Your City

for best experience

Tata Aria tested by CarWale

Pages : 123
#1 13-Oct, 2010 12:20 AM
Carwale Editorial
Long-termer
Joined Date: 29 Dec 2009
Tata Aria CarWale drives the just-launched Tata Aria!

0 members liked this post

#2 13-Oct, 2010 06:55 AM
A.Thilakan
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2010

Posted by CarWale.Editorial
Tata Aria CarWale drives the just-launched Tata Aria!

Very exhaustive review. Gives all the details anyone can ask for. The body shell photos are exclusive.

Good job. Keep it up.

We will have to wait for customer 'acceptance'.

I am on right click mode. Always. For more options.

#3 14-Oct, 2010 08:34 AM
Dr. Jose Antony
Long-termer
Joined Date: 27 Sep 2008

Everything sounds good.. but the only thing is who will take the risk to venture more than 10lakh rupees on a TATA car.. anyway I wont dare to do that.. It was sounded in the review that the Indian market is too much value sensitive and will fall for this one.. I dont think so.. The value sensitive Indian customer aims at cars below 10lakhs.. Those who can afford above 10L are simply not that sensitive of value and they are mostly looking for quality and reliability and above all.. brand name.. TATA might have improved the quality of parts in ARIA.. but the reliability issue cant be overcome in a day or two... Certainly Im impressed with the features.. let this be a success.. so that we could get a great car with loots of features...

DJ

Yup.. its my dad's road for sure...

#4 14-Oct, 2010 10:35 AM
Manjunath
Long-termer
Joined Date: 30 Sep 2010

First of all thanks to CW for the exhaustive review. Every detail very well explained.

Seriously i was amazed by the host of features that Aria is offering at its price! and good to see a neat thought going into the interior design and quality from Tatas. Dash looks pretty neat as well. Traction control is an awesome additon at this price.

Wishing good luck to our own Tata. Hope Aria becomes a flagship vehicle in Tata's portfolio and improve the brand image.

Last Updated: 14-Oct, 2010 10:36 AM, by Manjunath.R

#5 14-Oct, 2010 11:53 AM
Ashish Naik
Legend
Joined Date: 04 Mar 2009
Excellent review by CW . I think TATA is aiming more at international market for its Aria . Aria does have everything to be a successful car . Though in India pricing plays very important role but still Aria is not overpriced . We must have to acknowledge TATA'S efforts for Aria . Had it been launched by Honda /Toyota/VW , pricing would have been called just KILLER ! No doubt Aria still has to prove its reliability in long term but we simply can't write it off . Waiting for off -road TD of Aria !!

#6 14-Oct, 2010 12:18 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Gr8 review, but the question still stands, are ppl willing to spend so much on TATA car.??

I think this is the beginning since Tata will use all experiences & technology of Range Rover & Jaguar to place products like this in the market.

It will definately launch trim down versions to compete with Innova.

#7 14-Oct, 2010 12:51 PM
Arvind Dixit
Legend
Joined Date: 06 Jan 2010

I didnt like the interiors though.Frown

My Cars- Chevrolet Spark LS black(2011) & Fiat Linea Petrol FIRE Emotion Pack.(2009)

#8 14-Oct, 2010 07:46 PM
KC
Long-termer
Joined Date: 09 Jan 2010

Hats Off!! TATA

I think Aria is the answer to people who believes TATA can only make trucks. A decade old in cars segment is making wonders...just imagine next decade.  

As i said earlier, i have seen it in flesh, it looks really tough...

#9 15-Oct, 2010 12:45 PM
Lino Fonseca
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Oct 2010

Excellent Review. Never before have i read a more exhaustive review of a vehicle. Thanks to the Car Wale team. it makes my buying decision more similar. now to think of ways to arrange the finance. Regarding buying a Tata car, i believe we need to learn to believe in ourselves that we indian can also deliver quality. 

#10 15-Oct, 2010 02:48 PM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

Definitely a nice review. Talks about almost everything. The only thing I did not like is its Innova type looks. Probably expecting more but I feel on design front.. TATA should seriously think and get some good designs. The Vista was a refreshing looks but then whatever came after seems more like similar to each other. Hope something good is in line

By the way, I was comparing Aria variants on carwale. Is Aria Pleasure 4X4 a petrol car? I am sure not. If not, could this be corrected please. Here is the link for the comparison...

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

Pages : 123

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)