Car reverse camera with LCD monitor

Pages : 12345678
#1 15-Sep, 2010 11:03 AM
V Ramesh
Road-tested
Joined Date: 23 Jun 2010
Hi,
I saw WorldTech rearview monitor system which has the folowing features

1. 7" TFT/LCD monitor with PAL and built-in speaker (can be fitted on top of indoor car rearvew mirror)
2. Reverse camera with night vision
3. USB/SD provison
4. Audio out and video in
5. Bluetooth

The cost of this is around 7.5K. Anybody has installed this product in your car and howz the quality? Is this stuff worth for 7.5K?

FIAT Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet Emotion
0 members liked this post

#2 16-Sep, 2010 08:45 PM
A.Thilakan
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2010

Recently our own Lucas TVS has introduced Rear Vision System @ over 10000/. You can also try this as the service back up will be excellent.

I am on right click mode. Always. For more options.

#3 16-Sep, 2010 10:18 PM
Dr. Jose Antony
Long-termer
Joined Date: 27 Sep 2008

Ramesh..

PLease enlighten me..

What is the USB/SD slot for.. will it play usb music????

What is this audio out and video in for???

Hope the bluetooth is for phone call pick up.. will it stream music tracks from phone via car speakers??

Please help us here with some answers.. I am also thinking buying something like this..

DJ

Yup.. its my dad's road for sure...

#4 23-Sep, 2010 03:13 PM
V Ramesh
Road-tested

Hi DJ,

This device has video/mp3 player which plays music /video through usb/sd slot provided in the lcd screen itself.  This has a built-in speaker and has a provision for audio out connecting to your head units aux-in. 

I am not sure about bluetooth, whether the calls can be heared thru car speaker, but we hear calls thru built-in speaker of lcd. 

I wanted buy one like this, will go in this weekend get more details about the product and post some details in next week.

The model of this device is WT-RV7171 (WorldTech Rearview monitor).  Please check some more details of this product from your area as well, if you could see it.

Ramesh

#5 23-Sep, 2010 04:22 PM
Dr. Jose Antony
Long-termer

Ramesh that was very kind of you. I am very much interested in this thing coz i could use it just as a usb mp3 player... Please do tell me more details coz its practically impossible for me to find an advanced car accessory shop nearby... I would need to travel more than 150kms one side...

DJ

#6 24-Sep, 2010 03:50 PM
V Ramesh
Road-tested

Sure DJ.  Give me some time I will get back to u with more details.....

Last Updated: 24-Sep, 2010 03:50 PM, by meetme

#7 10-Oct, 2010 08:48 AM
Dr. Jose Antony
Long-termer

Come back Ramesh. it has been a long time.. no news from you...

DJ

#8 11-Oct, 2010 11:19 PM
V Ramesh
Road-tested
Sorry DJ I am travelling and could not check that. Give me some more time will come back to you soon.

#9 12-Nov, 2010 12:29 PM
V Ramesh
Road-tested

Hi DJ,

At last I managed to install one on my car and here u go...

WorldTech Review Monitor LCD model no. WT-RV7172BT (BT stands for bluetooth) & Camera WT-CCM022.  As I said earlier these two (camera+lcd) come together and it costed me Rs.6500/- for installation which include AUX connection from LCD to my music system.

I have fitted the camera on my bumber (number plate) and kept the 7" LCD monitor on top rearview mirror. 

You can place this monitor wherever you want by purchasing a separate stand.  However it comes with provision to fix on to top of the rearview mirror. Generally they will enable the reverse camer only when we put reverse gear.  In my case I asked them to place a switch, so that I can activite camera as and when I need.

The touch screen monitor has USB & SD Card slot, FM Transmitter, MP3, MPEG4 (video) player and bluetoot with mike built in and of course a remote too.  There is a video in and audio out.  The audio out can be conneted the music system so that the audio and phone calls can be heared from car audio speakers.  The quality of voice call and video quiet good.

I feel its worth for money.  Since I have placed the LCD monitor on top of my mirror, I am finding it difficult to drive especially ih highways.  Hence, I am thinking of buying a stand and fixing on it to get more comfort driving.

I will try to take some photo of this and upload it, if you need.

Ramesh

#10 15-Nov, 2010 06:48 PM
N. L. Biruli
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Nov 2010

Can it be installed in SX4

Pages : 12345678