for best experience

2011 Indian Grand Prix!!

Pages : 1234
#21 10-Jun, 2011 08:57 AM
Himanshu
Best-seller
Joined Date: 09 Apr 2007

Hi freinds,

As detailed in my previous post (#17), the problems pertaining to extending the F1 calendar, and the opposition from various F1 teams, it is now all but certain that Bahrain will not be hosting a GP this year. It means that India will retain its spot of 30th October only.

However, there is no official statement from the FIA and so this is unofficial, but a fact nonetheless.

0 members liked this post

#22 15-Jun, 2011 03:52 PM
Rock
Long-termer
Joined Date: 24 Mar 2011

#23 18-Jun, 2011 12:09 PM
Shersh
Legend
Joined Date: 30 Dec 2010

things are really going slow on noida trackSurprised, are we seriously going to see this completed by the end of july? 

CWG repeat???Undecided

ALWAYS HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN LIFE. THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE IN EVERY PERSON. EVEN A STOPPED WATCH IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY...................................

#24 19-Jun, 2011 11:31 PM
Udai Bhan Punia
Long-termer
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2009

Waiting for F1 in India. Hope work gets completed on time. Pls keep updating on progress.

#25 23-Jun, 2011 01:19 PM
Himanshu
Best-seller

Posted by sshersh28

things are really going slow on noida trackSurprised, are we seriously going to see this completed by the end of july? 

CWG repeat???Undecided

Things are not going slow at all. In fact after the last visit by FIA this april, they commented that the work is going ahead of schedule. I think these pictures too are of the same time (April/May), as you can see the track had been laid out, the grandstands are all but ready. I saw some pictures some time back, where the paddock structure too was ready with the finishing work going on. So there is no cause for worry.

Remember these builders can afford to delay the housing projects, but not such a great worlwide event. It is not the government, but their own image at stake here. They would never let this one flop.

Last Updated: 23-Jun, 2011 01:20 PM, by Himanshu.Singh

#26 11-Jul, 2011 12:53 PM
Kurush W.
Driven
Joined Date: 10 May 2010

Any new updates on the Indian GP?

#27 27-Jul, 2011 06:58 PM
Umesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jul 2011

if i want to participate in this cming race.......? hw shuld i apply? pls give me suggestion

#28 07-Aug, 2011 03:15 PM
Rock
Long-termer
Joined Date: 24 Mar 2011

you want to watch or race?

for watching you can buy tickets but i dont think that you can raceUndecided

the rock is here

#29 08-Aug, 2011 11:56 AM
Himanshu
Best-seller

An update on the track is that the inspection scheduled for July has been pushed back to early September. However, this is not due to Indian organizers, but the FIA. they are not available before early September to visit the venue. However, Vicky Chandok, the Indian Motor Sport Federation President, has said that the track is pretty much ready and the visit is a mere formality to be done. but the point is by the time that formality is done, ticketing would not begin.

Also, as per new suggestion by Bernie Eccelstone, India will have next year's race in April. That will be a bit too hot to handle for the teams I suppose. That is not yet final though, as the teams have to agree on it, and they have not till date.

Posted by umesh9788

if i want to participate in this cming race.......? hw shuld i apply? pls give me suggestion

Umesh: Particiapation generally means racing the race. For that one needs to start at avery young age, and develop not just driving skills, but also find promoters/sponsors to back him at the world stage. On the other hand, for watching the race, I will update this post as soon as I get to know the ticketing details.

Last Updated: 08-Aug, 2011 11:58 AM, by Himanshu.Singh

#30 19-Aug, 2011 09:23 AM
Himanshu
Best-seller

Hi Guys,

To anyone who had doubts about the readiness of the F1 track: Bernie Eccelstone (Head of Formula 1) has categorically said that the Indian GP will take place on October 30th. He said that he and his team are taking stock of the progress on a daily basis and are very happy with the progress. He has no doubt that everything will be ready ahead of schedule. He has even gone ahead and said that the Indian track will be one of the finest in F1 circuit.

I also heard in a news channel that ticketing would start from 20th August i.e. tomorrow. However, I could not confirm it anywhere. I have read Bernie's full statement to the press, but he has nowhere mentioned the date for ticketing. Logically, it can not begin before the official sign-off on the track, which is expected to happen in early September.

Pages : 1234

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)