Select Your City

for best experience

Upgrading tyres for New Honda city Ivtec

Pages : 12
#1 26-Aug, 2010 12:17 PM
Kalim
New Arrival
Joined Date: 26 Aug 2010

Recently I bought new Honda city with company fitted alloy wheel (15" J5.5) and existing tyre 175/65 R15. I would like to upgrade the tyre to 195/60 R15, please advice any draw back related drive comfort and safety related to the vehicle on upgrading. And also which make of tyre will be suitable for coastal region in Karnataka (keeping in mind that roads are very bumpy with potholes).

Last Updated: 26-Aug, 2010 12:19 PM, by Kelvink
0 members liked this post

#2 26-Aug, 2010 12:54 PM
Henry Aruja
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2009

an upgrade for honda city is very well needed, 195/60r15 is a good option you also can look at 205/55r15.Safety would really increase ,by helping in braking and handling.there will not be a drastic change in comfort

LIVING LIFE IN THE FAST LANE

#3 26-Aug, 2010 02:14 PM
Kalim
New Arrival

Thankslot Emil Aruja,

My alloy is 15" J5.5, for 205/55 R15 required rim width min J6. Please advice anyone has experaince on this same issue

#4 26-Aug, 2010 10:43 PM
Henry Aruja
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2009

i have seen honda city's with 205/55r15 with OE alloys

LIVING LIFE IN THE FAST LANE
Last Updated: 26-Aug, 2010 10:43 PM, by emilaruja2009

#5 13-Sep, 2010 06:30 PM
Ritesh Patel
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Sep 2010

i also had recently bought ANHC in july 2010. i was also in dilemma of changing tyres. now on driving on highways two days back left front tyre bursted ( hardly completed 2500 kms ). on showing to the tyres shop several confusing points were raised. i also want some guidance regarding the related things.

* the tyrewala said the tyre must had been punctured before several kms. which was unnoticed. i don't know but i didn't felt so. so how to detect whether there is puncture or not?

* he says instead of replacing the tyre. upgrade the tyre to 195. i am confused whether it will be cost effective or really needed.

* how much mileage can be affected by doing this?

* whether this will give me some protection again bursting as i had felt, because now also i am feared to drive .

#6 13-Sep, 2010 11:46 PM
Kalim
New Arrival

I got changed to 195/60 R15 Micheline Primacy LC (costing 5300/each)Feeling much better  and safer than before with good braking, lower noise, roadgrip with 3-5mm up on ground clearence which is allowed and negligible on 1.1% speedometer ratio , mileage is effected with around 1km.

For your solution, First step Claim: ask Honda dealer to fix tyre with new one, Investigate,May be it manufacter defect get it done under warranty

Posted by ritesh_patel

i also had recently bought ANHC in july 2010. i was also in dilemma of changing tyres. now on driving on highways two days back left front tyre bursted ( hardly completed 2500 kms ). on showing to the tyres shop several confusing points were raised. i also want some guidance regarding the related things.

* the tyrewala said the tyre must had been punctured before several kms. which was unnoticed. i don't know but i didn't felt so. so how to detect whether there is puncture or not?

* he says instead of replacing the tyre. upgrade the tyre to 195. i am confused whether it will be cost effective or really needed.

* how much mileage can be affected by doing this?

* whether this will give me some protection again bursting as i had felt, because now also i am feared to drive .

#7 14-Sep, 2010 07:53 PM
Ritesh Patel
New Arrival

Thanks KelvinK for the nice advice. i am trying to convince dealer but i have doubts regarding that because dealer says go to MRF service station and MRF people are not accepting. so let's see what can i do!!! ?

meanwhile i had inquired regarding pirelli for the above specificcations. the dealer quoted me Rs 4500 each. and he will give me Rs. 2000 refund for each tyre ( which has ran 2500 kms ) so each will cost me 2500 Rs. net.. i am confused whether its a good deal?/ and i had not really heard very much about Pirelli.

Last Updated: 14-Sep, 2010 07:56 PM, by ritesh_patel

#8 16-Sep, 2010 10:16 AM
Kalim
New Arrival

Well..I don't have much information about piralli, as per my research new Macheline Primacy LC tyres are reduction in noise which will improve in FE. It is bit expensive but worth. If budget bother you then you can opt for any.

Another issue all NHC are comes with Micheline Energy XM1 (175/65 R15) How come you got MRF ? My advice still can claim with Honda dealer. One of my friend has same issue on Maruti dealer for swift dzire but he succeed to get new replacement.

Posted by ritesh_patel

Thanks KelvinK for the nice advice. i am trying to convince dealer but i have doubts regarding that because dealer says go to MRF service station and MRF people are not accepting. so let's see what can i do!!! ?

meanwhile i had inquired regarding pirelli for the above specificcations. the dealer quoted me Rs 4500 each. and he will give me Rs. 2000 refund for each tyre ( which has ran 2500 kms ) so each will cost me 2500 Rs. net.. i am confused whether its a good deal?/ and i had not really heard very much about Pirelli.

#9 18-Sep, 2010 06:00 PM
Ritesh Patel
New Arrival

they say V version of ANHC comes with alloy wheels and MRF, while other comes with michelin ( i don't know whether its true ) . i have V version. By the way i have upgraded with pirelli 195/60.

the mileage is affected very much ??!! 

i am getting only 8 ( previoulsy 9 ) in city and 13 on highways. i don't know whether the traffic conditions are very bad or it is just like this !

#10 19-Sep, 2010 02:25 PM
Kalim
New Arrival

FYI Mine is V with alloy comes with MichelineXM1 and upgraded to 195/60 Michln Primacy LC. Tell them to check with Peninsula Honda dealer Cochin Bangalore Mangalore .. Etc.. Regarding FE, fuel consumes lot when there is signal. If there is more 3 min stop better to off the engine. It will improve FE.

Posted by ritesh_patel

they say V version of ANHC comes with alloy wheels and MRF, while other comes with michelin ( i don't know whether its true ) . i have V version. By the way i have upgraded with pirelli 195/60.

the mileage is affected very much ??!! 

i am getting only 8 ( previoulsy 9 ) in city and 13 on highways. i don't know whether the traffic conditions are very bad or it is just like this !

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)