Dapic DVD Player for Car...

Pages : 12
#1 16-Apr, 2010 04:58 PM
Rishi
Road-tested
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2010

Hi,

One of my frind has recently got a Dapic DVD player installed in his car and that has inbuilt 2.5 inch LCD to view the videos and the sound quality is also good and cost around 5500 only and there is another model for Dapic which has bigger 4 inch lcd screen and that cost around 8500, I am planning to upgrade the speakers in my car so was very impressed with this system and though to get the cd player changed too, however this only comes with 6 months dealer warranty so just concerned about the quality of Dapic, if some one could advise please.

0 members liked this post

#2 16-Apr, 2010 06:34 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

Well, the state of manufacturing is such that even the cheapest electronics items will reasonably satisfy one's needs. Its not necessary that if something costs less, it will not be good. A case in point is the "Mitashi" brand - this started out as a cheap (chinese?) offering but is not quite widely found. So I guess it gives good "bang for the buck".

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.

#3 16-Apr, 2010 08:24 PM
Rishi
Road-tested

What do you say can I go for the Dapic brand system in my car ??

#4 16-Apr, 2010 09:28 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

2.5 inches in the dash, the LCD won't be useful much. You are spending healthy amount of money there, so I would recommend going in for a good GPS with video playback facility if you are bent on getting a video playback feature.

The car driver should not be distracted from the driving, and all taxis therefore have the video screen mounted on the roof BEHIND the driver. I don't like the in-dash video screen for this reason.

And you are going to put chinki stuff as your pride possession in your swanky new Optra?? Forget it. What if the stuff starts giving trouble 6 months down the line?

Take a good quality mainstream DVD audio or AV player, and add screens (7 inches start from 2k at Lajpat Rai Market) as you need. Go for mainstream brands and not cheap stuff. There IS a quality difference, and auto electronics lifetime is greater than consumer electronics stuff, where the life is assumed to be 18-24 months within which you get the new generation to keep the gravy train rolling. Cars, on the other hand would use an audio system for about 5 years, so it needs to be better engineered. I doubt Dapic would make the grade here.

#5 16-Apr, 2010 10:14 PM
Rishi
Road-tested

Thanks a lot for your advise Krishna, i was already in doubt to change the company fitted music system to Dapic though lookwise 4" LCD was very impressive however you are correct it is a cheap product and will not perform as the company fitted one. Still I am going to replace the speakers in the car to better one...

Cheers...

#6 23-Jul, 2010 05:29 PM
Varun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 23 Jul 2010

Posted by rohit.b.d.

Well, the state of manufacturing is such that even the cheapest electronics items will reasonably satisfy one's needs. Its not necessary that if something costs less, it will not be good. A case in point is the "Mitashi" brand - this started out as a cheap (chinese?) offering but is not quite widely found. So I guess it gives good "bang for the buck".

i m interestedto buy new music system of dapic kx 841 but i have no idea of price

#7 23-Jul, 2010 05:29 PM
Varun
New Arrival

Posted by rohit.b.d.

i m interestedto buy new music system of dapic kx 841 but i have no idea of price

#8 23-Jul, 2010 05:29 PM
Varun
New Arrival

#9 17-Sep, 2010 02:20 PM
Kita32
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Sep 2010

My advice is to buy the 4 inchu car dvd player. In terms of video quality or the image resolution to be better than small. In fact, not a 4-inch mainstream, but a 7-inch main.

#10 25-Dec, 2010 02:09 PM
Alkesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Dec 2010

akesh Chaudhary :

it's me form gujarat (Mehsana - Visnagar-384315) RAJAN AUTO Accessories

give me all Car DVD plyer Price list........

Pages : 12