Select Your City

for best experience

Unpleasant sound from JK tyres of SX4 Zxi

Pages : 1234
#1 05-Mar, 2010 11:00 AM
Smita Pandey
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Mar 2010

I own the new SX4 with VVT engine. Having problems with JK vectra tyres bcoz of its substandard latex quality. The tyres make unplesant humming sound after 90 KMPH and is clearly audible @ driver's seat. The sound db is so high as if driving a truck. Have brought this to maruti service manager's notice. At my first visit they were denying this fact and were not ready to accept this fact. Later , after so many test runs they have agreed to replace all tryes with bridgestone potenza . Got quite irrated with their approach to diagnose this fault . I Don understand how they managed to get customer satisfaction award 10th time in a row.
Through this forum I would like request owners of maruti sx4 , Please observe the tyre fault n revert.

0 members liked this post

#2 05-Mar, 2010 12:10 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Hi Smita, Welcome to CW Forums!

Good to know you got your problem sorted out through the dealer, and the tyres are replaced. Did they do it totally free of charge? not even depreciation on the JK was charged? If so Excellent! I would rate that good on service.

Now that the tyres are replaced, what is the pending grivance? I suggest to move on, rather than getting into the bad books of the dealer by continuing to harp on the fact.

Yes the issue is posted on forums, Will be discussed, debated and either confirmed or refuted. not much in it, at least in your case, to take it any further than this. Wotsay?

#3 05-Mar, 2010 12:29 PM
Smita Pandey
New Arrival

Thanks Krishna

Well They agrred to replace the tyres with some other brand. Can somebody suggest me the alternatives of this JK vectra for my SX4. Apart from this some other problems faced are injectors getting clogged very frequently and there is no low fuel oil level indication in the instrument cluster . They have agreed to to replace all the 4 with new ones. Regarding this low fuel indication they say " its not there in all Maruti models " . I am shocked and surprised as SX4 is competetin with Honda City and its missing this basic indication.

Last Updated: 05-Mar, 2010 12:31 PM, by ponds.smit

#4 05-Mar, 2010 02:42 PM
Nipun Bharti
Legend
Joined Date: 28 May 2008

My SX4 tyres have not given any such problem,this appears to be a problem with a small bad batch by JK .Also Tyres (all rubber parts) are not covered by warranty,your dealer has given excellent service to you by replacing tyres.Low fuel level indicator is no big issue as you will get used to the fuel  gauge itself for refuelling .

#5 05-Mar, 2010 03:14 PM
Smita Pandey
New Arrival

Yeah Nipun after much of discussion and many test runs, they finally accepted this and agreed to replace the tyres by Bridgestone. Even JK people have un officially  confirmed this tie up with Maruti  for getting  cheap substandard tyres.I called up JK as  well.They have differentiated between Normal JK vectra tyres available at the shop and the one which is fitted in SX4.I do Know that this low level indication is not a big deal but to my surprise when other manufacturers are giving  trip computer and distance to empty, Maruti forgot to incoorporate this basic indication  in their premium sedan.Any ways these things are putting Maruti down infront of its competitor at this time of game.

#6 05-Mar, 2010 06:44 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Posted by nipunbharti
... Tyres (all rubber parts) are not covered by warranty...

Tyres (& items manufactured/supplied by other companies) are covered under warranty.  In such cases, we/buyers are entitled to all rights as the car manufacturer has against the companies/suppliers of such items under their respective warranties.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#7 06-Mar, 2010 12:12 AM
Ashish Naik
Legend
Joined Date: 04 Mar 2009

The fact is that dealer & company had accepted their fault & rectified it . That is really good on their part.

#8 06-Mar, 2010 06:50 AM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Both Potenza and Touranza tyres either of which you could be getting in exchange are good tyres. You can rest assured about them. Just remember to keep them at least at the car mfr recommended pressures, so that they last you long.

Also do not turn your steering wheel furiously when the car is stationary, as it puts a twisting force on the tyres. This is usually needed when you choose the tightest confines to park or turn your car around. Preferred method is to turn them while there is at least some movement of the car (when the tyres are rolling).

#9 06-Mar, 2010 12:48 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

low fuel level indicator should have been provided . its a must in all cars. i do not know whether this problem is in Dzire vxi also.

my dealer said that the tyres, battery provided are covered under warranty of 1 year.

#10 06-Mar, 2010 02:06 PM
Smita Pandey
New Arrival

Thanx Krishna

well yesterday I got all 5 tyres Replaced by bridgeston turanza at one the Maruti dealer points.

I had word with the top personnel there in Maurti and they have accepted the missing low fuel indication. They have considered this as a valuable feed back would try to rectify it at the earliest.

Pages : 1234

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)