for best experience

Bangalore to Varanasi by road via HYD/NAG/JBL/MIRZAPUR

Pages : 123456
#31 28-Jan, 2012 01:44 AM
Pankaj Singh
Driven
Joined Date: 0

Thanks for the interest.

I have completed journey this time and back to pune yesterday.

While going I have taken PUNE-AURANGABAD-NAGPUR-SEONI-JABALPUR-MIRZAPUR-VARANASI. - 1450KM

The road conditions on NH7 is really worse from Nagpur till UP border. Not recommended for any type of personal vehicles other than TANKS

While coming back I have taken the longest route but nice road...Varanasi - Jhansi-Udaipur-Ahemadanad-Surat-Mumbai-Pune == 2150 KM

You can call me at +91-9545451142 for latest experiance.

Thanks

-pankaj

0 members liked this post

#32 28-Jan, 2012 10:15 AM
Dirttrack
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jan 2012

Thanks Pankaj for the prompt reply. First let me congratulate you for completing this journey safely. So all the stories we were hearing about the road conditions beyond Nagpur have been validated by you. Last year when we had taken NH7 on route to Patna, the road condition beyond Jabalpur till UP border was not that great, but this time it seems it has deteriorated even further. I guess this time we would be taking the Bangalore-Vijaywada-Kharagpur-Patna route. In case we change our mind last minute and opt for NH7 as our last resort (since it is 450 K.M less than NH2 route) we will touchbase with you. Please let us know the most convenient time to call you. 

Thanks and Warm regards

DirtTrack

#33 10-May, 2012 12:00 PM
P N Rao
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 May 2012

Hi, Pankaj

I from Hyderabad, working in Varanasi. seen your post about B'lore to Varanasi road journey.

great journey. I too always think to go by road to hyderabad. but seing the road conditions of UP I always change the idea of going by road. your post will be helpfull.

recently I travelled from varanasi to sagar(mp) via mirjapur-riwa (by Ritz diesel) road conditions for long was very very bad. while returning we took the Sagar-Jhansi-Kanpur-Allahabad-Varanasi on NH2 was good. It took us 12 hrs.

P.N. Rao

#34 17-May, 2012 12:30 AM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Mr Rao,

Nice to see your post. Yes the road conditions of UP is really bad now a days. You did good that you have taken NH2 while coming back.

Keep travelling.

Regards

#35 16-Jul, 2012 02:51 PM
Alok
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jul 2012

Thanks for sharing your experiance Pankaj!

I am planning to make a road trip bangalore to varanasi by i10 Petrol during Mid October'12. I would be travelling with my wife and kid. Single hand drive. It is leasure trip so please advice places of stay and  things to see (historic & nature). Pls let me know following:

1. what are the speacial care I need to take.  

2. Places of stay with itinarary.

Thanks,

Alok

#36 16-Jul, 2012 11:02 PM
Pankaj Singh
Driven

Hi Alok,

You can call me on my cell XXXXXXX to discuss.

-pankaj

MODS - Please do not share personal details on the forum. Its against forums rules. Please discuss here itself so that it benefits others as well.

Last Updated: 17-Jul, 2012 09:35 AM, by SolitaireKing

#37 06-Aug, 2012 01:24 PM
Dirttrack
New Arrival

Hello Everybody,
I am planning to take Bangalore- Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohania-Patna route this October. I had taken the same route last year (June 2011) and found the roads to be quite bad after Nagpur till Varanasi. My car brushed thrice in MP and my back was in bad shape for almost a week after this stretch. The average speed also dropped to 45 Km/hr on this stretch compared to a respectable 65 Km/h on Bangalore-Nagpur section. While returning I took the longer Patna-Kharagpur-Vishakapatnam-Tirupati-Bangalore route and found this route to be comparatively comfortable albeit time consuming. I again took this route to and fro this February and it was just a cruise with better averages (Time and Fuel consumption). However, the NH7 route is still the preferred one subject to road conditions. Also since I might be travelling mid week, I want to clock less hours on the road and get back to my virtual workplace ASAP. 

What is the present road condition beyond Nagpur? It will help if you can give me some additional details on the bad stretches beyond Nagpur especially post monsoon. What would be a realistic target for a sedan like Fiat linea T jet which has a ground clearance of 170mm. 
Regards
DirtTrack

#38 06-Aug, 2012 01:24 PM
Dirttrack
New Arrival

Hello Everybody,
I am planning to take Bangalore- Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohania-Patna route this October. I had taken the same route last year (June 2011) and found the roads to be quite bad after Nagpur till Varanasi. My car brushed thrice in MP and my back was in bad shape for almost a week after this stretch. The average speed also dropped to 45 Km/hr on this stretch compared to a respectable 65 Km/h on Bangalore-Nagpur section. While returning I took the longer Patna-Kharagpur-Vishakapatnam-Tirupati-Bangalore route and found this route to be comparatively comfortable albeit time consuming. I again took this route to and fro this February and it was just a cruise with better averages (Time and Fuel consumption). However, the NH7 route is still the preferred one subject to road conditions. Also since I might be travelling mid week, I want to clock less hours on the road and get back to my virtual workplace ASAP. 

What is the present road condition beyond Nagpur? It will help if you can give me some additional details on the bad stretches beyond Nagpur especially post monsoon. What would be a realistic target for a sedan like Fiat linea T jet which has a ground clearance of 170mm. 
Regards
DirtTrack

Last Updated: 06-Aug, 2012 01:26 PM, by DirtTrack

#39 16-Jan, 2013 03:59 PM
Nilesh Singh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2013

Hi guys

I am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Varanasi first week of February

I have driven to varanasi before also but by Mumbai Dhule Indore Shivpuri Jhansi Kanpur Allahbad Varanasi

All the stretches on this route were good exceppt the Indore Shivpuri.

It was in bad  condition wuth potholes every 500 meters and with heavy truck traffic.

This time i wss thinking of taking Mumbai Nagpur Varanasi route but looking at ur conversations....i have drop my idea

Plz suggest me hows the route via Indore Bhopal Jhansi.

Awaiting all urs precious reply.

Thankyou.

#40 16-Jan, 2013 04:09 PM
Nilesh Singh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2013

Guys also help me out anybody knows the current condition of NH3 from Indore to Shivpuri

Pages : 123456

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)