Buying a new car budget 3 - 4 lacs...?

Pages : 12
#1 05-Jun, 2009 09:37 PM
Sumedh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Jun 2009

hey everyone...

i am a complete amatuer when it comes to cars...i reside in mumbai... i am plannin to buy a new car (my first car) within the next month... i have a kinda tight budget between 3-4 lacs... i have a family of four and wish to have a car for occasional long trips and weekend outings... am not at all sure of whether to opt for maruti/hyundai/cheverolet/tata...

Can anyone suggest as in what would be the best buy... wht brand name to go for and wht cars would be best in the budget...

am really confused wid the options... hopin to get an advice soon.. thanking u all in advance...

0 members liked this post

#2 05-Jun, 2009 09:52 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Briefly... go for i10 Era (link).  Check for discounts.  It will cost (on-road price) within your budget of Rs.4 lac.

It's better than Alto, Spark, WagonR & Santro (the cars that you could have compared with).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
Last Updated: 05-Jun, 2009 09:55 PM, by Pankaj.Prasad

#3 07-Jun, 2009 08:30 PM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

you can also have a look at the vista. A real VFM car with loads of space and good performance. The i10 as suggested by Pankaj is also a good car

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person
Last Updated: 07-Jun, 2009 08:32 PM, by centaur

#4 07-Jun, 2009 11:51 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

True - I missed out Vista.  Vista is VFM & very spacious/comfortable.  i10 is sufficiently spacious/comfortable for a family of four like yours.  It will return better mileage than Vista by 1-2 kms.

Test-drive both teh cars (with family).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#5 08-Jun, 2009 12:06 PM
Kvsk Prasad
Best-seller
Joined Date: 23 Aug 2007

I10 is a good value for money - Vista will be out of budget (Slightly). I10 is a very good buy.

#6 09-Jun, 2009 07:49 PM
Anvesh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Jun 2009

i10 is the best car available in between 3- 4 lacs........have great interiors,extrior...........engine is peppy too if you pot for kappa 

#7 10-Jun, 2009 12:44 AM
Sumedh
New Arrival

hey thanx a lot people...

i m surely gonna opt for i10... i checked out the era and magna 1.2 options... liked the magna.. gonna try to expand my budget a lil bit... first i'l check out the cars frm the dealers..

i reside in mumbai, bandra.. ne suggestions for the dealers i shud prefer...

#8 10-Jun, 2009 10:44 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

the magna will be a good choice. Peppy performance and decent space as well. servicing is also not a problem as hyundai has decent service network

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#9 10-Jun, 2009 11:16 AM
Satishmaster
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2008

Ther is an Hundai Dealer in Bandra i think its Continental On S.V.Road, CHeck it out..

Shreenath At Andheri Link road is suppose to be good at service...

Good things in life are never too expensive.....So called Best things May be.....

#10 11-Jun, 2009 09:44 AM
Sumedh
New Arrival

hey thanx everyone for the help...

i decided to have a test drive of both i10 and vista... both test drives were good.. however i10 is almost of my budget... both era and magna... even after availing all the possible discounts... i10 magna costs me around 4.40L whereas era somewhere around 4.12L something... after all possible discount cutoffs...

on the other hand vista was an eye candy... its stupendously spacious for a small segment cars... and a delight to watch.. has cool interiors... my mother kinda a made a split second decision whn she saw vista... vista top model aura costs me around 4.10 L that way i get all possible ammenties option without much taxin my budget... i m completely opting for vista saffire aura...

Pages : 12