Select Your City

for best experience

Transfer of 1 year Old Bike From Pune To Mumbai

#1 02-Mar, 2009 09:09 AM
Sreejith
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Mar 2009

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Mumbai and had bought a bike (1 year and 6 days old now) from a friend at Pune. Since now I have got both bike and all its documents.

My friend had got a no objection certificate for transfer of the bike from Pune to Chennai (The place where he got transfered). In the No Objctn Certificate (Form Number 28) - Clause 13, (Whether the vehicle is involved in any case of prohibited goods, if so, give details it has been mentioned 'Yes', without any more details.

The vehicle was bought on loan from ICICI bank by the friend, and he wows to close it by April. and only after that the ownership can be transfered.

My questions are:

1. Will it cause any trouble, in case there is any live case pending on the vehicle?

2. Since the registration date was Feb 20 2008, what other deficits wud i need to pay to get the ownership converted in my name?

3. Am I permitted to drive the bike in Mumbai?

Please through sm light.

Regards,

Sreejith

0 members liked this post

#2 02-Mar, 2009 09:42 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

(1) Yes, it may quite likely - depending upon the type & seriousness of the case. Avoid buying such vehicles.  However, the NOC may contain that 'Yes' inadvertently - please enquire/ascertain.

(2) It can be transferred in your name & re-registered in Mumbai based on the NOC from Pune RTO.  RTO will issue NOC only based on (a) NOC from Police Deptt. / LCB (& other requisite documents/papers); and (b) NOC from the Bank for removal of hypothecation lien (once the loan is liquidated).

(3) For using it in Mumbai, you will have to get it re-registered in Mumbai by paying life-time tax as applicable to old cars on depreciated value assessed by RTO.  This can only be done after getting NOC from Pune RTO (point 2 above).

Please note that the current NOC from Pune RTO in favour of Chennai will not stand valid for transfer/re-registration at Mumbai.  The same will have to be cancelled & a fresh NOC in favour of Mumbai will be required.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
0 members liked this post

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)