for best experience

CNG Kit for diesel car

Pages : 12
#1 28-Aug, 2008 03:20 PM
Sujay Sarkar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Aug 2008

Hi,

Can I install a CNG kit to run a diesel car? Are there any diesel engine cars which come with factory fitted CNG kits? I'm planning to buy a Swift VDI(ABS) and run it post installing a CNG kit? Any technical or other issues there? Do Maruti dealers install CNG kit in new diesel or petrol cars? Post installation of CNG in Swift diesel/petrol, is there any boot space left?

Regards,

Car Buyer

0 members liked this post

#2 28-Aug, 2008 11:28 PM
Deepam
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Dec 2006

hello sujay.

cng or lpg kits cannot be installed in diesel cars, they are only for petrol cars.

in diesel car u get the economy u want than there is no use of all this.

swift petrol can be installed with a cng or lpg kit but there will be no boot space left.

i think u r confused so please tell us ur requirements & ur monthly running so that we can sugeest u the best car according to it.

#3 29-Aug, 2008 08:07 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

CNG kits can be installed in Diesel cars (LPG cannot be).  However, it's seldom done, as Diesel itself is fuel efficient & economical both.  Therefore, there's no point in going for CNG Retrofittment - it would unnecessarily reduce the engine power/pcik-up by 20-25% (like it does in other/petrol cars).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#4 29-Aug, 2008 01:21 PM
Sujay Sarkar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Aug 2008
Thanks for the replies. I do 1200 km city driving a month and 100 km on highway every month. The highway driving is basically on NH8 from Delhi to Gurgaon and back. I guess you can club it with city driving. I'm torn between a Swift VDI (ABS) and ZXI. The ZXI is more feature rich but diesel version will be more economical. If Swift had a ZDI, I would have snapped it up. Please suggest which of the two should I go for? Does it make sense to purchase a Swift ZXI and install a CNG kit? 

#5 29-Aug, 2008 01:30 PM
Deepam
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Dec 2006

if u want more features than go wth the zxi & install a cng kit & if u r ok with features there in vdi (ABS) than the vdi makes more sense as it will save u on fuel bills in a good amount & for ur running usage diesel will be more suitable.

u can even consider the new indica vista 1.3ltr quadraget which is the same engine as the swift with more features, space & good interiors. in th etop end aura u get all the goodies , more than swift & its cheaper than the swift.

just go & have a look at it once & than decide.

vista is good value for money when compared with swift.

#6 29-Aug, 2008 11:50 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
In any case, Diesel is the car for you.  With the type of usage/run you have, it will save approx. 35K per annum.on fuel expenses - keeping in mind that diesel cars are more economical (diesel cost) & fuel efficient (mileage).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#7 02-Nov, 2010 09:06 PM
Mitesh Pandya
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Nov 2010

HI,I STAY AT BARODA,GUJARAT.I HAVE TOYOTA QUALIS.MAY I CONVERT IT ON CNG AS DUEL FUEL MODE?

#8 04-Nov, 2010 12:34 PM
Navneet
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Nov 2010

HY
I AM LIVING IN INDORE MP
I WANT TO TURBOCHARGE MY LPG ALTO
IS IT POSSIBLE??????

"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, It simply means that you are two steps AHEAD "

#9 04-Nov, 2010 11:57 PM
Varinder Singh
Long-termer
Joined Date: 04 Jul 2010

Buddy installing an CNG in diesel car makes no sense.U loose money then gain anything.Swift VDI itself gives healthy mileage and doent require any CNG fitting for economies.bussy dont even think about spoiling the acr.

#10 17-Mar, 2011 12:45 PM
Mahavire
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Mar 2011

I want to bye second hand sedan car please suggest can i go for petrol and convert it in to cng or i gofor diesel car

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)