Select Your City

for best experience

car comparisions - correct way- 7 important points to check

#1 03-Mar, 2008 10:46 AM
Sastry
New Arrival
Joined Date: 03 Mar 2008

Dear Car Buyers,

when anyone buys a car he/she should look into following 7 issues.

Don't get fooled by comparing ACs, power steering, foot mats, rear mirriors, seat covers, music systems.  These are auxiliary features, some of them you can buy self and install.  But you can't change basic important design issues.  Even the most cpstly cars, fail in these issues.

If you can not sit  comportably, you can't enjoy any one of the above features. All dealers/manufacturers do not  even talk about these important issues.

1.  Easiness of getting  into car  (how much wide the doors can open ( front/back) many car doors don't open much, so people really have to squeeze themselves while geting into car)

2. Easiness of sitting on the seats  (what's the seat height relative to ground.  Many cars' seats are at very low level, one has to go down a lot to sit on the seats. When you are driving, you feel you are sitting on the ground)

3. Does the steering touches knees  (clearance between knees and steering. I sat into many cars. The steering touches my knees, really uncomfortable)

4. ground clerance ( otherwise it touches every indian speed breakers)

5. Sufficent leg space ( unlike seats in flights. you can't extend your legs, and relax)

6. Sufficeint storage space ( can you keep atleast 2 suit cases?)

7. How much front  and back seats are push back ( can you relax?)

An A/C/power steering/sentral locks, power windows, etc, foot mats, seat covers, are auxiliary features. I wonder why none of the car dealers really talk above issues. Force people to compare silly features.

V V Sastry

Last Updated: 03-Mar, 2008 10:58 AM, by vvsastry66
0 members liked this post

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)