Tarunganguly
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Dec 2007
disability person purchase a car then he will get concession exercise duty

0 members liked this post

#2 22-Dec, 2007 12:24 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Instead of saying straight YES, I would like to elaborate a few things I know about....

The exemption in Excise is available (100%) to physically handicap persons (mentally sound) only if they buy a car specially designed for handicap.  The procedure to be followed is that such a person has to apply directly to the manufacturing company.  He will be personally called & interviewed & the car will be modified suitably/specially for him.  Besides, the modification/s, such cars are necessarily with auto transmission gears.

Second, RTO will register the car in his name & issue driving license only if a certificate from CMO (Chief Medical Officer) is issued, specifying the disability of the person concerned, and that, he will, however, be able to drive so, and so & so car (make).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 22-Dec, 2007 03:21 PM
Tarunganguly
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

sir,

i am decied that i am purchase maruti 800

examted exciseduty

#4 22-Dec, 2007 04:08 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Tarun (please address me Pankaj),

Maruti 800 is a good & economical car with lowest maintenance.  It will suit you even 'otherwise'.  Alternatively, if budget is not a constraint, you can consider Alto LXi (Power Steering) - will cost you around Rs.3 lac.  I suggest so, mainly because Maruti 800 doesn't come with Power Steering. Alto is basically an improved model of Maruti 800.

In any case, I suggest you contact your local dealer & route through him your request application & relevant papers to the Company.

Wishing you the very best.  Keep us posted with the developments on this thread, and don't hesitate to write if you face any problem.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
Last Updated: 22-Dec, 2007 04:11 PM, by Pankaj.Prasad

#5 07-Feb, 2008 02:58 PM
Perumal Kalyanasundaram
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Feb 2008

Dear  friends

Pl.go through the link given below for ur clarification

http://centralexcisechennai.gov.in/gc2002/gc252002.htm

P.Kalyana sundaram

#6 07-Feb, 2008 05:27 PM
Pankaj Prasad

I didn't know that a certificate from Deputy Secretary to the Government of India (Ministry of Industry) is required to be procured certifying that the car (in this case) is capable of being used by the physically handicapped person. I was under the impression that such a certificate is required to be issued by CMO only, as has been stated by me before.

I hope Tarun Ganguly, the asker, is listening. Or probably he may have learned about it by now & must have acted accordingly

Anyway, thanks for the update - really valuable.

#7 21-Feb, 2008 03:14 PM
Ashokagrawal1974
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Feb 2008

i im physically challanged person by 50% in left leg & i have modify my car in hand clitch and i can drive without any prob . can i got driving licence and how

Posted by Pankaj Prasad

I didn't know that a certificate from Deputy Secretary to the Government of India (Ministry of Industry) is required to be procured certifying that the car (in this case) is capable of being used by the physically handicapped person. I was under the impression that such a certificate is required to be issued by CMO only, as has been stated by me before.

I hope Tarun Ganguly, the asker, is listening. Or probably he may have learned about it by now & must have acted accordingly

Anyway, thanks for the update - really valuable.

#8 21-Feb, 2008 04:22 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Notwithstanding my previous post, for licence (as I have stated at post #2 - last para) RTO will issue driving license only if a certificate from CMO (Chief Medical Officer) is issued, specifying the disability of the person concerned, and that, he will, however, be able to drive so & so car (make) with the moficiation/s undertaken.

#9 24-Feb, 2008 11:33 AM
Ravindra Poojary
New Arrival
Joined Date: 24 Feb 2008
this is ravindra........... i m 40%  phyisically handicapped but i m able 2 drive a nomal car... may i know the how much exicse duty consession is put on us.. 4 getting the conession on exesise duty certifacte wats the procedure.....  

#10 24-Feb, 2008 12:55 PM
Pankaj Prasad
As I understand, excise exemption is available to the extent of 100% irrespective of percentage of physical handicapness - provided the type of handicapness is acceptable to the Department concerned & CMO.  Other details & procedure are mentioned above in the previous posts.

Pages : 123456789

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)