Select Your City

for best experience

AC filter of Indica Vista QDJ

Pages : 12
#1 03-Dec, 2011 01:39 PM
Amrut
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Feb 2009

Need guidance for locating and cleaning the AC filter. I doubt that that my AC filter is choak up and needs cleaning. Is it  DIY job or I need to visit TASC?

Experts please help. Does any body on forum done the AC filter cleaning them selves? What precautions to be taken?

0 members liked this post

#2 03-Dec, 2011 04:37 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

Check behind the glove box for the filter. It is usually located there. If not get a mechanic remove the blower and then you will get the exact location of the filter.

Return of petrol power!!

#3 03-Dec, 2011 05:32 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Thanks Sankalp

It was not easy to find out the location but after some efforts I managed to remove the glove box by removing 5 screws. The filter is actually sticked over the outer body of glove box. Felt little dirty so I tapped around and removed the dust. No significant change in cooling/air flow was noticed after cleaning the filter. So had talk with TASC and they suggested to bring the car to their work shop.

Acually I had charged the gas and replaced O ring, 15days back. One/two days improvement was seen and again less cooling. Hence I suspected that filter choaked up. Now doubt is clear. There must be some thing with gas leakage or thermostat.. 

#4 03-Dec, 2011 06:31 PM
Sankalp

Check the blower too, there could be debris within the blades. But if the blower is running to its optimum speed then I dont see an issue in the blower. As you have said the refrigerant system might be at fault rather than the blower or filter.

Return of petrol power!!

#5 03-Dec, 2011 07:30 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Sankalp, the blower seems to be OK, there is suffcient air flow at 2,3, and a blast at 4. However the cooling effect is poor. In hot afternoon I feel no cooling however in nights/morning it seems that Ac working good. Overall culprit is chilling system OR thermostat OR leakage. This time I will complain to higer level as the same is done 15days before and service engineer assured me that leakage is eliminated and he checked the Ac gas (on pressure for 2days) and there was no pressure drop. Then why should it recur within 15 days.

#6 03-Dec, 2011 08:03 PM
Sankalp

Yes thats why I ruled out issues with the blower, as the blower was running fine. Thats all the blower can do with respect to cooling. If the issue has been cropping up again and again, its time you raise a mail to the regional technical authority also stating that you wouldnt want to go back to the same place. Better change your TASC.

Return of petrol power!!

#7 10-Jan, 2012 11:41 AM
Pav
Pavan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2012

Posted by amrut.kajrekar

Sankalp, the blower seems to be OK, there is suffcient air flow at 2,3, and a blast at 4. However the cooling effect is poor. In hot afternoon I feel no cooling however in nights/morning it seems that Ac working good. Overall culprit is chilling system OR thermostat OR leakage. This time I will complain to higer level as the same is done 15days before and service engineer assured me that leakage is eliminated and he checked the Ac gas (on pressure for 2days) and there was no pressure drop. Then why should it recur within 15 days.

why don't you complain on their facebook page?

#8 10-Jan, 2012 11:58 AM
Amrut
Beloved

Resolved the problem in local garage. They took services of Professional Car AC shop. Problem was again the leakage from O ring. O ring replaced and gas charged cost 1200

They given garranty for six months and free work if problem happens within that period. Now chilling is OK. However full performance can be judged in comming summer. BTW I had not gone to TASC as they failed to rectify for 3 times. Let's see how competent is the local Ac shop.

#9 30-Apr, 2012 03:05 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Hi I am opening the old thread again as the issue of cooling has again worsten in the start of summer. Last time the leakage identified as 'O" ring the performance was good for least 3 months and again deterorated as summer came. hence I shown to the same AC mechanic today. As per him there are minute leakages at some places in condensor and Condensor needs to be replaced.

Is the condensor under extended warranty? How much it would cost? can replacement be done in local AC shop OR I have to insist on TASC to get warranty. My car is Aug 2009 purchased and I am having extened warranty ODO is nearing 40K  

#10 02-May, 2012 01:05 PM
Arun K
Beloved
Joined Date: 24 May 2009

Amrut, since AC condensor is covered under extended warranty, it's better to rectify problem at TASC. But if TASC guys come to know about the work done outside, they might turn down the claim.

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)