for best experience

RC Book Lost (Mumbai)

Pages : 12
#1 29-May, 2011 10:41 AM
Hussain Motiwala
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Nov 2008

Hi Carwale n all...

first and foremost... I am a totall novice.... please forgive me if I ask stupid questions

I recently went through all my car documents only to find RC Book missing, strangely I have every other documents available. I need help on how I would find a good RTO agent ... to help me get a duplicate book.

Here are some details:

1. My car is registered in thane, now I am living in town side mumbai

2. Car is still hypothecated to the bank (loan got over 2 years back) and I haven't got it transfered.. (stupid and lazy me) is there a solution to that too... will this be a problem?

3. I have 2 certificates with me... one says: The Certificate Of Taxation (FORM TC) and the other in hindi : Motor Vahan Vibhag, Maharashtra Rajya (I kept thinking this is RC) + insurance document and bank papers..

need advice and help really fast...

thanks

0 members liked this post

#2 30-May, 2011 06:46 PM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

You can apply for a duplicate RC without any issues. You would need to have the insurance papers and the vehicle PUC for sure. To be on the safer side better get the required documentation from the bank that the loan is over so that the new RC prepared does not have the hypothetication. Unfortunately this is all I can help you with.

To find agents I would recommend using just dial. Click the  'get lowest quotes' button and let the agents call you.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#3 30-May, 2011 07:59 PM
Hussain Motiwala
New Arrival

Thank you for your advice ... I really appreciate it.

I got the new documents NOC etc. from the bank today... however, I have an important query.

As I am selling the car, do I have to transfer the car in my name using the said documents.. or I should just transfer it directly into the new owner's name once it has been sold?

Thanks...

#4 30-May, 2011 08:17 PM
Sridhar

First and foremost I doubt if you can sell/transfer the car to someone else without the RC. AFAIK that is not possible because you need to submit the original RC with the transfer forms. However if you can transfer the car to the new owner then that would be a better option than getting a dupli RC and then transferring it to the new owner. Check with an agent for the exact details.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#5 31-May, 2011 02:51 PM
Hussain Motiwala
New Arrival

thanks... I will apply for the RC book asap.

I wanted to understand what would be the cost to transfer the new car i am buying from Pen (Panvel) to mumbai registration? is the cost significant?

#6 31-May, 2011 03:12 PM
Sridhar

Not sure on the exact cost actually. Better get in touch with an agent for the exact details.

Also is this a resale buy or a new showroom car?

#7 31-May, 2011 03:16 PM
Hussain Motiwala
New Arrival

This is a pre-owned car...

i have been reading the cost involved is in range of rs. 15k - 20k which is scarry and I hoping this is not true.... for a car with idv value in range of 5Lacs

the car i am buying is 4Ls

so wanted to better understand before contacting an agent....  

#8 31-May, 2011 07:23 PM
Sridhar

I am not completely sure but probably the cost of 15-20k would be including the tax. Since the car is from the same state you would not require to pay the tax and so I feel the cost should be less.

#9 31-May, 2011 07:48 PM
Hussain Motiwala
New Arrival

I certainly hope so my friend... i really do..

as you see.. when I planned the budget to buy this car I wasn't aware of this part.. so this has gone above the cost involved...

fortunately for this forum... I have been a little more educated now...

thanks

#10 31-May, 2011 08:28 PM
Sridhar

Good to know the forum has helped you in some way. Do keep us posted on the proceedings.

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)