Select Your City

for best experience

BEST TYRES FOR MARUTI ALTO

#1 25-Sep, 2010 07:03 PM
Sandeep
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Sep 2010

Hi, plz. let me know which are the best tyres for Alto in the size 145/80/12.

I have apprehensions abt tubeless. In tyre&tube type some say bridgestone are best others talk abt goodyear or economical Appolo.

Which r the best one in tyre & tube type?

plz.advice.

0 members liked this post

#2 26-Sep, 2010 12:39 PM
Sachin Rao
Long-termer
Joined Date: 04 Sep 2009

If you can afford, buy Michelin. They are the most expensive of the lot, but nothing comes as close to the comfort they offer. Next comes Yokohama A-drives, great value for money (using it for 6k kms. When its time to replace, I would still buy the same.). Bridgestone is a bit harsh on ride quality.

PS: Please check if these brands are available in the mentioned size.

Life begins at 1900 rpm.

#3 27-Sep, 2010 09:34 PM
Sandeep
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Sep 2010

Posted by sachinj12

If you can afford, buy Michelin. They are the most expensive of the lot, but nothing comes as close to the comfort they offer. Next comes Yokohama A-drives, great value for money (using it for 6k kms. When its time to replace, I would still buy the same.). Bridgestone is a bit harsh on ride quality.

PS: Please check if these brands are available in the mentioned size

Thanks Sachin, though michelin r good one, I am thinking of goodyear in tube & tyre type. how abt that.

#4 28-Sep, 2010 08:44 PM
Sachin Rao
Long-termer
Joined Date: 04 Sep 2009

Your old rims will hold tubeless tires. You can safely opt for it,they are worth every penny you pay. Just ensure there is no rusting or any bend in the the rim, else you will lose air. Take my word, tubeless tires are such confident boosters. I have done some impromptu off-roading in my Swift Dzire and not a single puncture!!

Life begins at 1900 rpm.

#5 08-Jan, 2011 03:43 AM
Nitin Chordia
Driven
Joined Date: 08 Jan 2011

Try the website http://www.tyrestore.in and search for the appropriate tyres for your vehicle in their tyre selector. They do a pretty good job and the advice seem useful. The prices are nto on the website. You can call them for price. They have a tyre upsizing calculator also that i use often.

Love the drive at 60kmph - constant

#6 08-Jan, 2011 03:43 AM
Nitin Chordia
Driven
Joined Date: 08 Jan 2011

Try the website http://www.tyrestore.in and search for the appropriate tyres for your vehicle in their tyre selector. They do a pretty good job and the advice seem useful. The prices are nto on the website. You can call them for price. They have a tyre upsizing calculator also that i use often.

Love the drive at 60kmph - constant

#7 12-Jan, 2013 02:33 AM
Abhirup Haldar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Jan 2013

Suggestions are good but I have driven 140K KMs mostly with Ceat. However, recently changed my Alto tyres to Goodyear Ducaro (30K KM). Definitely Michelin or Yokohama are very good ones, but I'm comfortable with Ceat and Goodyear. Ducaro (with a promise of 75K KM on Indian roads) doing well. Ceat tyres went for 55K KM on average in my case.

#8 16-Jan, 2014 03:51 PM
Vijay Bhardwaj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2014

Sandeep

If you looking for the best tyres, I will advice to you Bridgestone tyres. I am using these tyres for my car from 7 years. I have bought Bridgestone tyres in Chandigarh from United Auto Centre. It was good dealing with them.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)