Used Car Valuation

#1 14-Feb, 2007 11:53 PM
N V Sriram
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Jun 2006

How to valuate a used car?  How can i calculate or fix a price for a used car with out knowing the used car market.

Regards,

sriram

0 members liked this post

#2 16-Feb, 2007 08:23 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2006
Did you try Carwale's Car Valuation System?

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#3 16-Feb, 2007 08:39 PM
N V Sriram
New Arrival

Posted by Banwari Lal Sharma
Did you try Carwale's Car Valuation System?

I tried car wale's valuation system it works well, but i just want to know how the valuation is done with out the help of any used car market.

#4 23-Feb, 2007 07:50 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
There are many parameters to be considered in order to evaluate a used car. Few examples are, car's make/model/version, brand value, car's condition, year, kilometers done, number of owners, city etc. But what I think is you cannot conclude a value successfully if there is no used car market. This is market that makes trends.

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#5 24-Feb, 2007 12:16 AM
N V Sriram
New Arrival

Posted by Banwari Lal Sharma
There are many parameters to be considered in order to evaluate a used car. Few examples are, car's make/model/version, brand value, car's condition, year, kilometers done, number of owners, city etc. But what I think is you cannot conclude a value successfully if there is no used car market. This is market that makes trends.

Ok sir i partially agree with you still  i am not convinced with your reply.

Asimple example. Today a new maruthi 800 costs around 300000(app), i want to purchase a used 99 model 800 how will you fix a price or how can you fix a price.

Insurance companies deduct certain percentage and pay you when you go for a claim, like that is there any percentage calculation for used car.or how a used car dealer fix a price for a car?  

#6 24-Feb, 2007 11:35 AM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Posted by N.V.Sriram
Insurance companies deduct certain percentage and pay you when you go for a claim, like that is there any percentage calculation for used car.or how a used car dealer fix a price for a car?  

Generally a 10% depreciation per year is considered. Even a new car which has just got registered will have this much depreciation. But this depreciation rule doesn't work in real world. Many cars depreciate 15-20% per year initially while some at 5-8%. Parameters told in my earlier post play major role in deciding used car prices.

#7 24-Feb, 2007 03:15 PM
N V Sriram
New Arrival

Thank you sir for your valuable advice.

I have entered into used car Buying and Selling Bussiness recently.

I buy Kerala and Tamil Nadu Registered cars Only.

Regards,

sriram

PH-09447074624

E-Mail --  nv_sriram31@yahoo.co.in

#8 23-Jan, 2008 01:15 PM
Arun Kumar
Beloved
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2008
The cost of a used car depends on many factors such as car model,make,condition,registration,ownership history,accident history,modifications/repairs so on and so forth.There is no way to correctly assess the value of a used car without klnowing the used car market.The best thing for you to do is to research the used car market in Kerala and Tamil Nadu,that is if you are going to operate from that market.

#9 28-May, 2011 05:14 AM
Anandkumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 May 2011

Sir ,

I could n't use the Used car Value Evaluation System , I am using IE 7 , Tried in google chrome too ..Make / Model /Version drop boxes are permanently disabled . I could nt key in the values . Is that intentionally disabled or its a bug in the site ?