Best car among Dzire, Amaze, Etios, Classic and Verito

A user review on Chevrolet Sail. Written by Prakash on 18 November, 2013

Price: ₹ 5.15 - 7.54 lakhs
Sail Details | On Road Price
Prakash's Ratings
Own a Chevrolet Sail? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : 1.3 LS ABS
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres
Fuel Economy : 20 kpl
Good : Driving Comfort, Riding, Engine, Suspension, Centerly placed power window control and Braking
Bad : Poor pick up while in low gears, Placement of horn

Overall

It was initially a difficult task when I decided to upgrade my 8 years old Alto to a entry level sedan. There is tough competition in this segment and obviously a deficult taks to pick the best one in line to our choice (since we neglect others whil choosing one). My prime chioses where Dzire, Amaze, Etios, Classic and Veritto. I went all the showrooms of these cars and done the test drive. Finally I ended up by giving my cheque to Chevvy to buy Sail 1.3 LS ABS. I have driven 2000 kms so far and feels happy for the buy.

Based on my test drive experience I can list up some key points which made me to move towards Chevvy's Sail.

Sail beats Dzire in the following aspects: a complete sedan, boot space, suspension, interior space, riding comfort, excellent braking system and awesome exterior design and looks.

Sail beats Classic in the following aspects: riding comfort, suspension andsteering response while in city drive and uneven roads with full ac on.

Veritto is really a good car, but I didn't choose it because of very outdated interior and once you entered inside you will feel like you are in Jeep not an luxuriouis car that you tended to spend your money for. While starting it jumps like jeep.

Etios, I didn't fall to this car because, I was not much impressed by its interior and also the quality of the material in addition to a lot of negative critics I heared from the users.

Exterior

Excellent. You will fall in love at the first sight.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort)

Features : Good

Space and Comfort: Excellent

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox

Since Chevvy uses Fiat 1.3 L Turbojet Engine, the Engine Performance is not commentable here. The performance is pretty good with decent mileage aroung 21-22 km/l in Highways and 18-20 km/l in city drive.

The most lovable thing in this car over Amazr is you can't feel any vibrations even when you ignit the Engine and also the noise is well insulated in to the cabin. I feel suspension of the Sail is best among its rivals. It doesn't care the small path holes in the road and offers extermely better riding experience for both city and highways.

The power steering is pretty responsive and excellent for city drive.

Ride Quality & Handling

Extermely good.

Final Words

Definitely a good car and value for money. Go with your own chioce not others as you are paying your hard earned money to enjoy yourself. All the cars are good and well fitted and also released after several testings and trials so no car is bad here but we have to find which one will suit us for our persional use/driving conditions. Do test drive all the cars in the segment before picking up any car.

Areas of improvement

Low pick up while in first and second gear, Restricted pressing area of the horn.

Newownerof Dzire on 26 Nov, 2013 at 06:21 PM

thanks all. I hope it is the best one.

Shelly on 26 Nov, 2013 at 05:43 PM

Dzire is best small,sedan in India till date.dents can come with any car.

Shelly on 26 Nov, 2013 at 05:43 PM

Dzire is best small,sedan in India till date.dents can come with any car.

M Bajaj on 26 Nov, 2013 at 04:24 PM

Hi Prakash

Welcome to CW !! Nice to see that you are enjoying your Chevy !!

Do post some pics of your car & share your driving experiences !!

Good Luck

New Dzire owner,

Wish you had given your proper name here...Welcome to CW

I am a Dzire VXI user for close to 4 years now & I have had a very good time owning it...it has run 42K kms till now & I have not spent a single rupee extra on it other than regular servicing..

Very good VFM...if you like the car...go for it blindly

Good Luck

Newownerof Dzire on 26 Nov, 2013 at 02:29 PM

Hi,

I am upgrading to Dzire from Santro . Dzire Diseal ZDI model.  I am getting my car this week.

But my worry is I feel body is not strong looks weak. any Dzire or Swift on road has full dents and they judegement is a problem.

Let me know your view and expr with Dzire.

thanks

Prakash on 19 Nov, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I have written a review on Chevrolet Sail and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Best car among Dzire, Amaze, Etios, Classic and Verito