best car in 6-7 lacs

Pages : 12
#1 18-Jan, 2009 03:00 PM
Syam Krishnan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2009

My father is in the lookout for a car in the abv price range. I am lookiing for a brand new car. it can be a hatch or a sedan. i am preffering a hatch with around 300l bootspace,  great style and comfort, good ride and handling. the two vehicles under my consideration are i20 and the punto. While i like the i20 ifeel that punto shall be better VFM and better than the i20. I am not considering jazz or Ritz(splash) due to thier awkward styling. any opinion?

0 members liked this post

#2 18-Jan, 2009 07:49 PM
Uneet
Beloved
Joined Date: 16 Jul 2008

Mr Syam,

You are comparing between i20, Grande Punto, Jazz and Ritz.

Out of these four, three have not been launched yet. So there is no point in comparing them at the moment.

Best quality hatch available is Fabia. It has 300 Lt of boot space. The next obvious choice is i20. Iam using Fabia for the last 6 months and have been fully contented with it.

If your monthly usage is less than go for i20, else Fabia diesel is a very good option. Though everything depends on your budget.

In Sedan, the newly launched Linea is great option. Only thing remains to be seen is After Sales Service of Fiat with TATA collaboration.

#3 19-Jan, 2009 03:32 PM
Sathya Nagarajun
Long-termer
Joined Date: 30 Jan 2008

I Would second uneet in all his opinions above

#4 23-Jan, 2009 10:41 PM
Syam Krishnan
New Arrival

thanks buddies. I m not considering the skoda fabia @ the moment. I know its a quality hatch but its too swift alike and though the interior quality and its ambience is good i personnally feel that its design is quite staid especiallly when compared to i20. Also i am suspicious abt its high maintainance in case of a shunt. I not a great fan of its antiquated diesel and not so efficient petrols. I cant stretch my budget.

#5 23-Jan, 2009 11:50 PM
Jagdeep
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Jan 2009

Go for FIAT LINEA. Its base model comes around 7lac. Definately a Good car and I am using it

#6 24-Jan, 2009 12:13 PM
Ami
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

Is swift ruled out?

Punto/Jazz - would have to wait and I donno till how long. However, Punto was caught testing. So it can be exptected in 6 months time.

BTW Ritz would be below i20/Swift I feel.

Do consider the Linea petrol/SX4/Second hand City

#7 24-Jan, 2009 12:49 PM
Rajiv
Legend
Joined Date: 26 Nov 2007

Hi,

You dont like Fabia, and if not i20 than there is a very good car available in your budget that too a diesel one with good build quality and a great engine..... Ikon TDCi !!!

Its under 6 lacs on road and maintenance is not an issue now with the ford. You want a good car and I am suggesting you a Value For Money option.

Cheers

People dont change when you tell them that there is a Better option... They change when they realise that there is No Other Option..

#8 24-Jan, 2009 01:22 PM
Uigoggk
Road-tested
Joined Date: 18 Aug 2008

agreed with Rajiv because Ikon was always an enthusiasts favorite and now will more fuel efficient with TDCi engine.please take a TD of it. even top end Indica Vista or Limited edition can be considered because its good on space and refinment.

#9 25-Jan, 2009 09:28 PM
Syam Krishnan
New Arrival

again men, i hav zeroed in on the punto and the i20. I need a brand new car prefferably a hatch. Ford havent done anything exceptional to keep the ikon afresh. the front now look ugly and clounish and do not merge with the rest of the exterior. Also the interior plastic quality and its NVH levels are nowhere near to even the swift. sothats ruled out.

now abt the swift. ilove its looks, its efficient diesel, and its interiors, but its rattling build quality keeps me away from it. also the rear is claustrophobic. linea is a good vehicle and i luv it. i was considering it seriously but i donot need a car thats this big.  

#10 26-Jan, 2009 01:57 PM
Ami
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

So as things look you would have to wait for punto. The issue is that you never know till when you have to wait.

Pages : 12
This discussion is closed for new replies.