Select Your City

for best experience

Planning to buy my first car!!! Plese suggest!!

Pages : 123456
#41 05-Dec, 2008 01:30 PM
Aman
Road-tested
Joined Date: 02 Dec 2008

Hi Deepam , Rajiv ,Everyone,

Need help again...

As i had made up my mind to go for fiesta EXI . One of my friends bought Honda City ZX yesterday. He got a cash benefit of around 50K. Company fitted alloys, free insurance and other accessories. Guys no doubt its an excellent car. My daily running is going to be around 50 kms and i plan to keep this car for another 3-4 years. Plzzzz help.

0 members liked this post

#42 05-Dec, 2008 03:22 PM
Deepam
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Dec 2006

@ amanjot,

honda city is definitely a very good car. but at wat price u get a fiesta ull not get a city at that price & as per ur usage a diesel car would be the most beneficial for u as u will save a lot of money on ur fuel bills.

i would suggest u to 1st take out the price for all 3 cars that is fiesta exi & zxi petrol, fiesta exi & zxi diesel & honda city ZX exi & gxi.

than see the price difference between them & if it is minimal than would suggest u fiesta diesel 1st preference than city zx & than fiesta petrol.

if u get a diesel car in ur budget than that is the best option to buy.

after all offeres & discounts see wat price these cars come at & do tell us the price than we can tell u that for this much difference which will make a better buy.

just post the prices of all the models i have listed above after deducting discounts, wat onroad price it comes at.

#43 05-Dec, 2008 05:31 PM
Aman
Road-tested

Hi Deepam I am getting CITY ZX EXi for 6.84 on road. This includes company fitted alloy wheels worth 20k + free insurance + free music system.My sister owns a honda and she says that its a totally maintainance free car. The cost of paid service comes out to be arnd Rs1300 and thats all you pay for apart from petrol.

Fiesta TDCi EXi I am getting for 6.61( Showroom price ) . + insurance arnd 19000 + music system 15k+ alloys arnd 20k. Which comes out to be arnd 7.15 onroad.

I just spoke to a friend who owns a Verna . He says that with the kind of running that i am going to do the approx cost ownership will come out to be same. So i can go for either.

Plzzz HELP....   

#44 05-Dec, 2008 06:56 PM
Deepam
[BANNED]

@ amanjot,

that day u said that u r getting fiesta exi diesel at 6.61  & not it has gone up to 7.15. is ford dealer offering u music system & alloys for free or the cost is included. wat is the onroad price for fiesta exi diesel without any offers & discounts. than see wat discount u r getting & wat is the onroad price u have to pay onroad without any acessories.

as at present for 10 days fiesta is being offered with big discounts so lets us count our way as dealer will try getting more money & our aim is to save more money on our purchase so ask him for the breakup individually. & than see wat is the final price.

for city zx u r getting at 6.84 onroad fine but wat is the discount u r getting? is honda dealer offering alloys as free accessory or u said instead of discount give me alloys. & i think in EXI music system already comes company fitted itself & if not is the dealer providing free or including its price in the discount. again here also ask for the breakup. as i inquired here at my place the dealer is offering me this car with of around 65k discount.

calculate everything individually & than tell us how is it going so that we can come to know.

& for city, it is a very good car. even i m using it & it is hassle free. interiors are nice & is spacious inside.

running costs fiesta will be cheaper but if u intend to pay more on fuel bills than in petrol city is the car to buy.

as ur running goes it sums upto 1500kms a month & for that diesel will save u a lot on fuel bills.

but city also gives good mileage if driven carefully & it has a great resale value too.

checkout the price for city zxi also as compared to exi, zxi is being offered further more discounts & in gxi u get much more style, comfort, better interiors & convinience.

just take the breakup of all things like:

wat is the discount than above it,

wat r the free accessories, than,

wat other offeres & any additional discounts?

than we will see which is a bertter deal.

& amanjot,

if u would like to chat further & tha u can also join me on yahoo messenger.

my id is- deepam_amin@yahoo.com

add me.

Last Updated: 05-Dec, 2008 06:58 PM, by deepam

#45 05-Dec, 2008 07:19 PM
Anshuman Jain
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Oct 2008
Price and exonomy wise buy Ford Fiesta and not Ikon. Other options can be Mahindra Logan or Tata Indigo. If u are looking for a city driving car go for Swift Diesel. Its is really fast, economical and really easy to drive. Since u are a first time car buyer I would recomend you to go for a petrol variant. But not Ikon
Cheers...
Posted by Amanjot Bhullar
Hi guys this is going to be the first car i am going to buy for myself. A diesel would be more economical i guess since my daily run is going to exceed 50 kms. My budget is 6 lacs. Can stretch it to 7 max if i get a good deal. Would the new Ikon diesel would be a good option. I am 6'1 tall and i am looking for a car which gives me a comfortable driving position . I20 could be an option but i have no idea when is it going to be launched. Please suggest guys. I am confused

#46 05-Dec, 2008 10:36 PM
Aman
Road-tested

@ Deepam

The dealer is offering me fiesta Exi for 6.61 showroom price . This is after cash discount of 50k

City - the showroom price is 6.94. I am getting a corporate discount of 10k . after that price comes out to be 6.84. The alloys which are not a standard feature of EXi are being offered by the company. The dealer is giving insurance free of cost + free accessories worth 10K. 

#47 05-Dec, 2008 10:38 PM
Aman
Road-tested

@Anshuman

Thanx...

#48 05-Dec, 2008 11:42 PM
Deepam
[BANNED]

@ amanjot,

how much does the insurance costs?

& u mean showroom price means onroad price right?

#49 06-Dec, 2008 08:44 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Show-room price is 'ex-showrom price' that does not contain Insurance, Road Tax, Accessories etc.

'On-road price' is all inclusive - the total cost of the car (ex-showroom price + Insurance + Road Tax + Accessories etc.).

@Amanjot, with a daily usage/run of 50K, one should ideally prefer a diesel car - even in case of 3-year ownership (like in your case).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
Last Updated: 06-Dec, 2008 08:44 AM, by Pankaj.Prasad

#50 06-Dec, 2008 12:34 PM
Aman
Road-tested

In that case guys plz excuse me for my lack of knowledge Tongue out.

The onroad price of City Exi in that case will be 6.91 and that of fiesta Exi will be 7.20 approx.

Pages : 123456

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)