Accessories for SWIFT VDI

Pages : 12
#1 22-Aug, 2008 08:07 PM
Deepak
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Aug 2008

I m going to get my SWIFT VDI on 25th August.I need ur advise urgently so that i can do some R&D on this weekend.

I need advise on all kind of accessories, which one should put in the new car.Budget is not a problem.

Speakers (JBL/Pioneer with Model Number if u have),Music System (Pioneer/Blaupunkt/Sony),Artificial Leather cover, Steering wheel cover, Tinted Sunshade Screen with Mirror effect,
Central Locking system (Xenos or MINDA), Matt (What is Double layer mats), Perfumes, Anything for Dikki (Which u suugest, like any speciific Mats),
Car Side moulding etc etc.

Insurance: Maruti CashLess Insurance ?? or something else

I understand i am going to take some time of urs.

Hope i would get nice long reply (Pls reply with Brand, Model and Price if possible).BTW i am from Haryana

-Deepak

0 members liked this post

#2 22-Aug, 2008 08:18 PM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008
Ok here goes..

Music system

-Pioneer headunit -several models most priced in 5.5K-8K
-JBL speakers 6" front and 6 x 9 rear..GTO range
- JBL mono bloc amp with 10" enclosed Woofer(JBL)

Central locking Xenos - 3-3.5K

Xenos reverse parking sensors(if needed) - 3.5K

Sunfilm - 3M or Lummar - 3-4K(vkool is better but much costly)
-mirror effect is illegal

get anti-rust treatment -3K from dealer

-maruti insurance is pretty good also get an extended warranty.

#3 22-Aug, 2008 09:27 PM
Deepam
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Dec 2006

hello deepak.

as budget is not a problem for u i would suggest to go with a jvc headunit (avx-800) its a touch screen dvd player with 7'' screen, its awesome, u can put pioneer or jbl speakers & a woofer & amplifiers too.

& get other things done as binoy has mentioned above.

#4 23-Aug, 2008 05:52 PM
Deepak
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Aug 2008

Thanks Binoy and Deepam..

This was really helpful. I have opted for extended warranty, costed me around 2800..So ex showroom invoice value going to be 5,35000 (haryana-Ambala) For VDI.. (5,17000+ 14320 Insurance + 2800 (Extended Warranty) )

I will take the delivery on 27th August.

Guys, If you could write up more abt the Leather seat covers , Steering wheel cover, Mats etc, that would be really gr8..

Thanks a Lot!

#5 24-Aug, 2008 06:55 AM
Binoy
Mats are provided by the dealer(usually)-transparent ones look good ans a good set will cost 1000/-

Leather covers are on the expensive side - 7K and more for good brands like Saddles/G-sport etc..can go for artificial leather seats will cost half the price and look(but not feel) the same..both types gets heated up fast.

Steering wheel cover in leather from Stanley will cost about 1000/-..yes expensive but other brands can be had for 500/0 and non leather ones for 300/-

#6 24-Aug, 2008 11:57 AM
Deepam
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Dec 2006
u can opt for artificial leather seat covers which will cost u 2500 to 3000rs, & mudflapa & matts will be provided by the dealer if not than ask him to give it complimentary. & do keep in mind that  that leather seat covers will heat up extremely in summer time.

#7 24-Aug, 2008 08:40 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Extended Warranty covers all that Warranty covers - it is an extension of the warranty, as the name itself suggests.

Warranty (or extended warranty) covers manufacturing defects, maintenance services, running repairs & replacements of parts (running repairs).  However, charges for labour, oil, coolant, filters etc. are all payable (even during free services).

Importantly, the warranty/extended warranty does not cover tyres, batteries, accessories and car care & detailing products, and repairs arising on account of accident / external damages, natural disasters, water logging, racing/rallies etc. etc.

As such, a new car is always problem-free (unless in case of manufacturing defect). Maintenance & repairing costs gradually start after 2/3 years only.

Therefore, Warranty/Extended Warranty is fruitful/beneficial (ironically) only in case of manufacturing defects. 

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#8 25-Aug, 2008 08:20 AM
Amit Sheth
Driven
Joined Date: 15 Aug 2008

Hi,

I too am planning Vdi and further to this, ABS too is additional accessory. How about ABS?

#9 25-Aug, 2008 09:52 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
ABS to my understanding is basicaly required for wet & hilly areas - therefore, not essential as such.  But go for it if you can afford it.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#10 26-Aug, 2008 06:09 AM
Binoy
Posted by Led Zeppelin

Hi,

I too am planning Vdi and further to this, ABS too is additional accessory. How about ABS?

If you can afford ABS go for it. IMHO it is useful in day to day driving.Check any comparison of cars with and without ABS and the stopping distances are much shorter for the ABS equipped car regardless of the terrain/surface condition.

Pages : 12