Select Your City

for best experience

ZEN DIESEL (VS) INDICA V2

#1 17-Mar, 2008 04:57 PM
Ravi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Mar 2008
    Hi friends,
                      I need a valuable suggestion from you in buying a used diesel car.Keeping in view of my elders health I thought of taking a used car(to fit financially) so that it would be useful whenever they need to go out and at the same time to run it under taxi for fewer times or distances to overcome maintainence cost and fuel budget.
                     I need a car with some what low maintainence cost compared to other.If any other car other than above cars is also welcomed.I need your valuable suggestions from the point of  Maintenance,milage,performance,comfort,long run performance,which one would be better to run as  taxi,resale value,etc...What ever your suggestions are heartly welcomed.

0 members liked this post

#2 18-Mar, 2008 04:51 PM
Kvsk Prasad
Best-seller
Joined Date: 23 Aug 2007

Indica V2 Diesel - particularly when Zen Diesel is a piece of history now.

Also Indica makes a better cab than a Zen Diesel. Even otherwise also, indica diesel as on date is a better car than Zen Diesel - maintenance wise also it is lesser than Zen Diesel.

Pay special attention on rego process as you want to use it as a cab.

Regards,

Prasad

#3 19-Mar, 2008 10:21 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Indica Diesel is definitely better than Zen Diesel.  It is very spacious, comfortable, sturdy/strong & is fuel efficient (17/18 in city & 21/22 on highway) - just right for long drives/run. In fact, it's popularly used as taxi, therefore.  Maintenance is also low (else it would not have been used as taxi).

You can also consider Indica Turbo - it is virtually as good as petrol car - but will cost you little more.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#4 19-Mar, 2008 04:31 PM
Ravi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Mar 2008
Thanks a lot kvsk and pankaj.
            Which is better to go for ?
             A new one or old one depending on maintenance and milages?
             If old which year model can be preferred?

#5 19-Mar, 2008 06:10 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Indica Diesel is better than Zen Diesel, for the reasons explained before. New cars are definitely preferred over the old ones - if your budget permits.

In case of a old Indica - go for a one that is preferably not more than 3 years old and not driven more than 35/40K.  It may cost you in the range of Rs.2.50 to Rs.2.75 lac - depending upon the version of the car, its condition & the city you are located in.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)