Road Tax and Entry Tax

Pages : 123
#1 11-Jan, 2008 05:45 PM
Kiran Kaipa
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Jan 2008

Hi,

Could someone please let me know what is the road and entry tax calculation for cars in Bangalore? Currently our car (Viva CRDi) is registered with West Bengal and is just 15 months old.

The Karnataka RTO website indicates a 10% of ex-showroom price for new vehicles and for 1-2yrs vehicles 93% of the 10% tax.

The working for our car as I understand is

10% of 6.32 lacs = 63k and 93% of 63k is 59k.

We want to make a decision on whether to sell the car in WB or pay the tax if it's not economical.

Thanks,

Kiran

Last Updated: 11-Jan, 2008 05:51 PM, by kiran.kaipa
0 members liked this post

#2 11-Jan, 2008 07:21 PM
Bhushan
Best-seller
Joined Date: 27 Apr 2007

Kiran,

You are right. In Karnataka it is the highest. If i am not wrong then i see that you are in Pune. Anyways if your intention is to sell the car (even if it is in the next few months) it would be best to sell the car in West Bengal. So no further tax to be paid and no paper hassles.

Assuming that you intend to use the car yourself and are moving to Bangalore, then you should first pay road tax for Karanataka and then you could claim refund from W.B. RTO for the corresponding amount which would be unused from the tax which you paid in W.B. But this entire process is very lengthy and tideous.

I am from Bangalore. Let me know if you would need any information.

Bhushan

Last Updated: 11-Jan, 2008 07:23 PM, by bhushan.msn

#3 11-Jan, 2008 10:10 PM
Kiran Kaipa
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Jan 2008

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks a lot for your response! And you are right - I am from Pune. Actually this case is for my father's car; he has shifted from WB and is looking to get the car registered in Blr.

I am in Blr for a holiday and had been to the RTO in Koramangala where we spoke to an agent who said we would need to spend  around 70 k on road tax and 70 k on entry tax. This was a shocking and disappointing as we were not in a mindset of selling the car until today!

Please let me knw if you could give me the exact breakup as I feel the agents are trying to take advantage as we are not locals.

Thanks,

Kiran

Last Updated: 11-Jan, 2008 10:15 PM, by kiran.kaipa

#4 05-May, 2008 05:10 PM
Madhuparna Basak
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 May 2008

Hi,

I have a West Bengal car which is 7yrs old. I have taken the NOC from there and now i want to sell my car in Mysore. Could you please let me know how much road tax i am suppose to pay and how long does it take to change the registration. Please reply to this ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Madhu

#5 11-Jul, 2008 06:06 PM
Sachin Bhatnagar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Jul 2008

Hi,

Do you know about the charges of Kolkata RTO.

Regards,

#6 06-Aug, 2008 04:46 PM
Mambalamrama
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Aug 2008

Hi,

I have a Delhi Registered ALTO LXi car. Can anybody tell me the total estimated cost for doing re-registration and paying Entry Tax and Road Tax in Chennai, TamilNadu? My Car is one year Old.

Thanks, Rama

#7 11-May, 2010 01:43 PM
Sumit Meghani
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 May 2010

Posted by bhushan

Kiran,

You are right. In Karnataka it is the highest. If i am not wrong then i see that you are in Pune. Anyways if your intention is to sell the car (even if it is in the next few months) it would be best to sell the car in West Bengal. So no further tax to be paid and no paper hassles.

Assuming that you intend to use the car yourself and are moving to Bangalore, then you should first pay road tax for Karanataka and then you could claim refund from W.B. RTO for the corresponding amount which would be unused from the tax which you paid in W.B. But this entire process is very lengthy and tideous.

I am from Bangalore. Let me know if you would need any information.

Bhushan

Hi Bhushan,

I have bought a 2010 Santro to Bangalore from Jharkhand. I want to know what % of Entry Tax do i have to pay and what % of Road Tax do i have to pay?

Can i not use the vehicle for sometime before i pay these taxes?

#8 14-Nov, 2010 12:49 AM
Nitin Gulhane
New Arrival
Joined Date: 14 Nov 2010

I have 2004 Wagon R that I bought in Kolkata. It has West Bengal number plate. I moved that to Pune in 2004 Dec and then moved to the US. Now, the car is in Pune. Its road tax is expired (as West Bengal charges for only 5 years of road tax). There is no insurance on the car...as nobody drives it.

I am moving back to India soon and would like to get NOC to formally move car to Pune, buy insurance and drive teh car in Pune. How much it would cost me to get the NOC? Should I go thru the agent? Does expired road tax make a difference?

Your advise is appreciated. 

#9 16-Nov, 2010 12:50 AM
Siddharth
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Nov 2010

Can anyone please tell me if i bring a Car from Andhra Pradesh to NCR what NOC or Road Tax do i need to pay and do i need to Re Register the Car???

#10 18-Nov, 2010 03:20 PM
Ashish Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2010

i want to transfer my I 20 car registered in AP purchased 3 months back already registered in AP. Now I got transfered in kolkata and want to transfer my vehicle to kolkata . whats the process and road tax issues

Posted by kiran.kaipa

Hi,

Could someone please let me know what is the road and entry tax calculation for cars in Bangalore? Currently our car (Viva CRDi) is registered with West Bengal and is just 15 months old.

The Karnataka RTO website indicates a 10% of ex-showroom price for new vehicles and for 1-2yrs vehicles 93% of the 10% tax.

The working for our car as I understand is

10% of 6.32 lacs = 63k and 93% of 63k is 59k.

We want to make a decision on whether to sell the car in WB or pay the tax if it's not economical.

Thanks,

Kiran

Pages : 123