DRIVING FROM CHENNAI TO COIMBATORE

Pages : 12
#1 02-Apr, 2012 02:38 PM
T N Sambamoorthy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Apr 2012

Hi friends, 

I have an idea of driving down from Chennai to Coimbatore by mid April. Can somebody help me

by giving me the best route as well as facilities en route. I was asked to go via krishnagiri,

Dharmapuri and Salem .

0 members liked this post

#2 02-Apr, 2012 05:01 PM
Manikantan
New Arrival

Hi Moorthy,

From chennai to covai you can choose vellore,k.giri,salem..route..this is fully 4 lane..so your journy will be safe (Note:6 lane work is going from velore to K.Giri - But no issues) ...nearly 6 toll gate you need to pay...in this route 35 to 40 km more distance need to drive

You can choose dhintivanam,vilupuram,Kallakurichi,attur,salem way also but the 4 lane work still going...(If you are good in driving better choose this route....From kallakurichi to salem private bus torture will be there)

#3 03-Apr, 2012 12:44 PM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2011

I am interested in doing this route in future. Would like to know, how much time approximately will be needed to cover the distance ( including the breaks ) ?

ALTO K10 VXI Dhantenan - Let's Go

#4 04-Apr, 2012 02:14 PM
T N Sambamoorthy
New Arrival

Hi mr.manikandan,

Thanks for the information. If possible can you pl tell me approximately how much time it will take

if  I drive at 80Kmph in my car.

#5 04-Apr, 2012 02:14 PM
T N Sambamoorthy
New Arrival

Hi mr.manikandan,

Thanks for the information. If possible can you pl tell me approximately how much time it will take

if  I drive at 80Kmph in my car.

#6 04-Apr, 2012 06:44 PM
Shersh
Legend
Joined Date: 30 Dec 2010

you can expect your journey to be covered in around 9 hours excluding tea, food stoppages

ALWAYS HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IN LIFE. THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE IN EVERY PERSON. EVEN A STOPPED WATCH IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY...................................

#7 09-Apr, 2012 04:47 PM
Manikantan
New Arrival

Hi Moorthy,

If speed is 80 Kmph means you can pass minimum 60KM within one hour. (Only running time).

Rest of the things based on your tea timings

Thanks,

Mani

#8 06-Sep, 2012 01:19 PM
Manoj Varghese
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Sep 2012

I wanted to check whether someone suggests route thru Trichy . Selam to Coimbatore road work made me tired in my last trip .Now I have to drive to Kerala.... any suggestions / updates on road conditions

#9 18-Sep, 2012 11:02 PM
Manoj Varghese
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Sep 2012

Posted by Man.var

I wanted to check whether someone suggests route thru Trichy . Selam to Coimbatore road work made me tired in my last trip .Now I have to drive to Kerala.... any suggestions / updates on road conditions

Update ...

We travelled from Chennai to Ernakulam and back in the last 2 weeks in i10

While going took dhintivanam,vilupuram,Kallakurichi,attur,salem ,coimbatore,shornur, trichur road

Started off at 3 Am (was heavy rains that day) Attur to Selam and last 20 kms towards coimbatore was bad since road work is still on and have to take deviations .Reached coimbatore at 12 30 noon. Had a stop over at coimbatore and restarted journey by 4 30 towards Palakkad. Coimbatore Palakkad road is bad and took more than 1.5 hours rest of the journey was very smooth

While coming back i took Trichur Palakkad NH 47 and for heaven sake please do not take this route . It took me 2 + hours to cover 60 odd kms Coimbatore selam Krishnagiri Chennai (Velachery) took me only 8.5 hours including one tea break and one lunch break It was one of the best drives I had, clocking 140 max , mostly at 100+ , averaging 60+ with breaks . Car was stable and cool

So My suggestion is to take Krishnagiri Selam, Coimbatore, Palakkad, Shornur, Trichur ,Ernakulam

#10 27-Oct, 2012 02:10 PM
Sarath Sasidharan
Long-termer
Joined Date: 03 Nov 2009

Has anyone tried Chennai-->Thindivanam-->Perambalur-->Karur-->Dharapuram-->Pollachi-->Vadakkanchery-->Trichur-->Ernakulam ?

I dont have any idea about Permbalur --> Karur-->Pollachi. But google shows the option. I have driven via Krishnagiri and Attur to Cochin many times.

Pls advise on the above route

Tx

Sarath

Pages : 12