Select Your City

for best experience

Periodic check and maintenance of Tata Safari 2.2 VTT Dicor

#1 12-Aug, 2011 08:38 AM
Shalini
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Jul 2011

Recently I purchased a used Tata Safari VX 2.2 vtt dicor of 2007 Dec model. I know a workshop here in bangalore, who are good at servicing vehicles(Any make).

I would like to know that whether I can give my safari to service there itself, instead of dealing with any ATSC.

Some of my friends adviced that normal workshop will not be able to diagonize all problems of 2.2 vtt engines as it is diaganoised using connecting to a laptop and all. Earlier models can be repaired anywhere as without much issues but not 2.2 vtt dicor.

Any one here can please confirm on this?

Should I go to the workshop which I know very well or have to go to ATSC for servicing?

0 members liked this post

#2 15-Aug, 2011 01:19 AM
Shalini
New Arrival

Could anyone please advice on my query?

#3 15-Aug, 2011 08:30 AM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Normal servicing does not involve deep investigations into engine problems. It is a vehicle check, topup/replacement of lubricants, replacement of oil and air filters, Cleaning of sparkplugs (in case of a petrol vehicle), brake 'servicing' (check and adjust), battery health check, a test run for checking if deeper problem exist, and a routine cleaning of the car.

If you find someone able to do this scrupulously, why not let them do it? Make one thing clear though -for engine related work, you'll revert to the authorised service center. That should be all.

#4 15-Aug, 2011 08:33 AM
Shalini
New Arrival

Thank you Krishna for the reply..

So I will do the routine checkups in the garage which I know personally...

#5 19-Aug, 2011 11:58 AM
Dev Nandi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Aug 2011

Dear sir

I no which tata authorised service center is well in your city.But i sure ATSC is well from street workshop for your safari car.Because there are all sensor system.so any problem in safari find through software.I know which is good for your car because i am a service advisor in TATA MOTOR AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER.

#6 19-Aug, 2011 12:00 PM
Dev Nandi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Aug 2011

ANY PROBLEM IN YOUR TATA MOTORS CAR?

CONTACT ME FOR SOLUTION.

#7 19-Aug, 2011 07:08 PM
Shalini
New Arrival
Which is the best TASC in Bangalore? what about concorde in Dairy Cirle? Am staying near to that...

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)