Gear Shift problem in Vista QDJ

Pages : 1234
#1 31-May, 2011 01:51 PM
Amrut
Beloved
Joined Date: 12 Feb 2009

Hi

My Indica Vista QDJ clocked 25K km in 1½ years. Four services done as per schedule. Recently I am observing the gears are not engaging perfectly. I have to put efforts for changing from 1 to 2 , 3 to 4 and vice versa. However 5th can be easily engaged. For reverse gear, I am hearing a crushing sound and jerk (for a fraction of second) when I engage the reverse.

Need expers opinion. All invite other Vista owners to share.  

0 members liked this post

#2 31-May, 2011 02:35 PM
Arun
Legend
Joined Date: 07 Dec 2009

How is the clutch action? Do you find the same pressue when you press the clutch as before?

If the clutch cable is loose it can make gear shifting hard. Since you service regularly, take it to the service person immediiately and rectify.

#3 31-May, 2011 04:39 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Thanks Arun

I feel that there is slight less pressure when I press the clutch. I have a habit to fully press the clutch pedal and I also ensure that the pedal lever touches to floor when fully depressed. Once I doubted about the floor mat, hence rechecked -the mat is as is earlier.

Do you mean that I have to go to TACS? or can it get fixed from a reliable garage? 

#4 01-Jun, 2011 10:13 AM
Arun
Legend
Joined Date: 07 Dec 2009

if you know a reliable garage, then you can get the clutch cable tension checked. I think that will be the culprit. Pls update. It is very good to depress the clutch fully when changing gears.

In general, how is your car? I am planning to get a diesel and one of the cars I am considering is the vista QDJ. Do post a review of your car.

thanks

#5 01-Jun, 2011 10:57 AM
Arun K
Beloved
Joined Date: 24 May 2009

@Arun, Vista QJD's clutch is hydraulic and the pedal is directly connected to clutch slave cylinder. So there is no cable adjustment as such.

@Amrut, Since your car is under warranty/extended warranty and the clutch is fully covered, my suggestion would be to check it with TASC. At what point the car moves when the clutch pedal is released. If it moves with a slight release, bleeding would solve the problem. I had the same problem with one of our Vistas. In normal case the car moves when the clutch pedal is around half way mark.

#6 02-Jun, 2011 01:11 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Posted by arunD

if you know a reliable garage, then you can get the clutch cable tension checked. I think that will be the culprit. Pls update. It is very good to depress the clutch fully when changing gears.

In general, how is your car? I am planning to get a diesel and one of the cars I am considering is the vista QDJ. Do post a review of your car.

thanks

@ArunD , Vista QDJ is a great car with all the capabilities of 1.3MJD engine. No doubt there are some niggles in car, but to attend it in first service would free further tensions. I love the ride and comfort of my car. And not to forget, the ability to pull the load is excellent. On some occasions I had driven it with full load 5 adult+2 children +full luggage, no one complained about fatigue, there is ample space in this kinda occupancy (Which car would give you that???)

FE is 17 consistently. Worst is 15 and best is 20. I am satisfied with the FE. If one dose pay attention towards FE he can get even more. Drive this car between 80-100 and it will serve you with what you want. Do try to hard corner (it will shake your confidence). Brakes I feel adequate for the speeds as mentioned above.

It is a car for family, my family enjoyes lot on long drives. My wife had got hands on this car and comfortable in city and highways also. We both as a driver have even made 600Km in day.

You have to compromise on some issues and like fit and finish if you are ready, against that you get space comfort and FE and also the cost.

Recently I had opportunity to drive a new Swift VDi. I found cabin noise is more in Swift. Also the turbo lag is noticeable as compared to Vista QDJ

#7 02-Jun, 2011 01:11 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Posted by arunD

thanks

@ArunD , Vista QDJ is a great car with all the capabilities of 1.3MJD engine. No doubt there are some niggles in car, but to attend it in first service would free further tensions. I love the ride and comfort of my car. And not to forget, the ability to pull the load is excellent. On some occasions I had driven it with full load 5 adult+2 children +full luggage, no one complained about fatigue, there is ample space in this kinda occupancy (Which car would give you that???)

FE is 17 consistently. Worst is 15 and best is 20. I am satisfied with the FE. If one dose pay attention towards FE he can get even more. Drive this car between 80-100 and it will serve you with what you want. Do try to hard corner (it will shake your confidence). Brakes I feel adequate for the speeds as mentioned above.

It is a car for family, my family enjoyes lot on long drives. My wife had got hands on this car and comfortable in city and highways also. We both as a driver have even made 600Km in day.

You have to compromise on some issues and like fit and finish if you are ready, against that you get space comfort and FE and also the cost.

Recently I had opportunity to drive a new Swift VDi. I found cabin noise is more in Swift. Also the turbo lag is noticeable as compared to Vista QDJ

#8 02-Jun, 2011 02:42 PM
Amrut
Beloved

Posted by arunk

@Arun, Vista QJD's clutch is hydraulic and the pedal is directly connected to clutch slave cylinder. So there is no cable adjustment as such.

@Amrut, Since your car is under warranty/extended warranty and the clutch is fully covered, my suggestion would be to check it with TASC. At what point the car moves when the clutch pedal is released. If it moves with a slight release, bleeding would solve the problem. I had the same problem with one of our Vistas. In normal case the car moves when the clutch pedal is around half way mark.

car moves on slight release of clutch. Total travel of clutch pedal seems to be less. The upper part movement is slack and may be only mechanical spring tension

#9 02-Jun, 2011 03:07 PM
Arun K
Beloved
Joined Date: 24 May 2009

Amrut, in that case, I feel bleeding would solve the problem as it happened in our Vista. Since the whole clutch assembly is covered under warranty no need to worry. It would be better to check the problem at TASC.

#10 02-Jun, 2011 06:15 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Amrut, are you sure your change points are good? Because if you are not changing in the right RPM/speed range of the choice gear, there will be resistance provided by the synchro itself.

Part of the clutch travel not being functional is normal, and beneficial in cases where the driver has a habit to ride the clutch (keep the clutch depressed slightly with weight of the leg).

Check these two points.

Pages : 1234