Please help about driving style

Pages : 12345
#21 17-Jun, 2011 01:53 PM
Suresh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2011

surya and shubam

thanks for the useful replies.

sandeep- of course I know one has to use clutch while changing gears.My query was only regarding placement of foot when not using the clutch.

0 members liked this post

#22 17-Jun, 2011 04:21 PM
Shubhamchugh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 May 2011

Posted by sandygr8

Hi Suresh, place your foot adjacent to the clutch NOT rest on the clutch pedal.And when Shubham said "try to use clutch as less as possible",doesn't mean you change gears without pressing the clutchWinkhe means the same what surya and i said. @shubham: i exactly understood your point but please explain to him (Suresh)more specifically else he may take it in literal sense.Tongue out  

He already knows that its a car not honda activa.If we don't use clutch even while changing gears then what will be the use of clutch.Ukhaad ke fenk kyu nhi dete.Per rakhne ke liye bhi spacious ho jaayega.

#23 17-Jun, 2011 07:32 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Shubham, please be a bit patient - you have passed that stage where these questions bothered you, but others are still going through it. Some consideration needed!

Suresh: Foot can be placed flat on the floor of the car and pressed into action only when needed. This may sound drastic at first, but slowly, and consciously, this practice can be adopted.

For those who are beyond redemption in the department of re-education, there are foot-rests available to move your foot from the clutch to the footrest (on the left, and next to the clutch pedal), so that it is not on the clutch, but can be put there as soon as needed.

#24 18-Jun, 2011 03:54 PM
Sandeep
Road-tested
Joined Date: 19 Jul 2010

Hii Suresh,jokes apart,no oofense meant.its just that you don't cultivate the habit of using clutch to rest your foot at the learning stage itself.as they say "old habits die hard"but on a serious note the simple step to follow is maintain the right speed on the right gear.i will explain this with a simple illustration below:

1st gear - 10 kph

2nd gear - 20 kph

3rd gear - 30 kph

4th gear - 40 kph

Above 40 kph speeds shift to 5th gear(not easy to follow this step in city traffic so little bit of margin in error is no issue).maintain a light pressure on accelerator.As many auto experts have said rightly,just imagine there is an egg between your feet and the accelerator pedal and you need to be careful not to crack the egg by pressing too hard.You will be able to follow the prescribed speed by constant practice with atleast 95% precision.Take 30 days and post your experience and share it with all.Of course shubham car is not a Honda activa.

cheers and regards

Sandeep

#25 20-Jun, 2011 11:46 AM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2011

Agree with sandeep, "old habits die hard", yeah this is true for me, whatever i try to do to avoid (lot)using the clutch, it is more on me than ever, yday, i consciously wanted to use only the accel and the break, but suddenly there's a change in traffic or some or other obstruction, so automatically my leg presses the clutch first and then the break. 

but i am confident that as more miles i drive, will change the habit and get into the next intermediate level of driving.

ALTO K10 VXI Dhantenan - Let's Go

#26 13-Aug, 2011 02:09 AM
Jacob
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Oct 2008

While driving I change to next higher gear at a speed which is slightly slower than specified speed (as compare with car's manual),so that I release the car clutch very slowly ,

Does this harm my car ?

#27 13-Aug, 2011 11:02 AM
Rajiv
Driven
Joined Date: 25 Jun 2011

hi,

All expert drivers. I also want to know about the same. I am also a new driver.

#28 29-Aug, 2011 11:05 PM
Rajesh Sawant
Beloved
Joined Date: 14 Apr 2011

You can change. But see that when you have changed to higher gear, engine is not stalled and RPM are not lesser than 1250 RPM.

Driving is privilage, not a right.

#29 29-Aug, 2011 11:20 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

Well upto a certain extent you can switch to higher gear at less-than-recommended speed...but its hard to give exact figures. Its something (I'd say) unique to the car and its driver...sort of based on experience and feel of the car. As an example, usually where upshifting to 5th is recommended at 50 kmph, you can do so at 40 kmph provided the car is on level road or going downslope.

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.

#30 30-Aug, 2011 10:37 AM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2011

In bumper to bumper traffic it is very difficult to even touch 4th gear, can't think of moving to 5th gear.

From my home to office it is 4kms and everytime i drive, i am able to move upto 4th gear only for a very short time, may be less than 5 mins, constantly i have to drive in 3rd and 2nd and also 1st.

So, when i change gear from 1st to 2nd, always i need to raise the speed and move to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd again raise and move . if not, there is a kind of jerk and kind of stalling happens 

The average speed during this destination is only 20KPH and mostly in 2nd or 3rd

ALTO K10 VXI Dhantenan - Let's Go

Pages : 12345

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)