Select Your City

for best experience

Tyre Air Pressure in Swift Petrol

#1 11-Mar, 2009 07:04 PM
Paras Raizada
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Mar 2009

Wat should be the tyre air pressure in Swift Petrol.....?????????? to have maximum mileage & other things related to tyre pressure...

0 members liked this post

#2 11-Mar, 2009 07:33 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Hi Paras, Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a good time here!

Minimum = Manufacturer recommended pressure - Find it in your Owner's Manual. Never go below that.

Maximum = What is written on the sidewall of the Tyre. Never go beyond that, unless you are aware of and take responsibility for the consequences. It is advisible to limit the maximum pressure a notch (10%) below the maximum sidewall pressure, to be on the safer side.

Between these two, you can choose. the Manufacturer specified pressure is for a good balance between fuel efficiency and comfort.

Higher tyre pressure advantages:
1. Higher FE (through lower rolling resistance).Benefits diminish closer to 50 PSI. No real benefit beyond that.
2. Lower wear
3. better handling and cornering

Higher tyre pressure disadvantages:
1. Rougher, noisier ride - cushioning provided by tyres diminishes
2. Bearings are stressed because of less cushioning, diminishing their expected life.
3. Car frame could develop rattles shakes earlier (small incremental effect)

Lower tyre pressure advantages :Cushioning and lower noise level

Lower tyre disadvantages:
1. Higher tyre wear
2. Lower FE
3. Poorer handling

These are just some points I could think of, off-hand. For a more complete treatment on the subject, among other points related to car tyres, visit this page.

Last Updated: 11-Mar, 2009 07:35 PM, by Krishna

#3 11-Mar, 2009 08:15 PM
Feroz
Best-seller
Joined Date: 19 Oct 2008

As per maruti it should be 36 lb for front and 33 lb for rear ones. If you go through the related discussions in this forum, it is noted by many that -10% of the above is acceptable for better FE.

You can live in your car, but you can't drive your house.

#4 12-Mar, 2009 05:11 AM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008

36/33 might well be alright for the diesel swift. 34/32 would be ok for the petrol version(the higher pressures in the diesel because of the heavier diesel engine).

#5 24-May, 2009 01:31 AM
Pankaj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Nov 2008

Well it might be too late for me to reply to this thread, even i had put various different pressures in My Swift Vxi, Well I would like to say tht...most of the people miss the sticker for tyre pressurein Swift, which is posted just on the B pillar, as soon as u open ur driver side door look back on the door pillar a sticker is there for that. 

Well for Swift Vxi ie. 165x80 R14 it says 33 psi in all tyres .

& for Swift Zxi it  ie 180x70 R 14 it says 29 psi in all tyres .

Edited for spell correction

Last Updated: 24-May, 2009 01:45 AM, by pkjha76

#6 24-May, 2009 04:54 PM
Arun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 May 2009

its always best to stick on to d manufacturer specifications as regards to tyre pressure.they have tested these things over and provide d optimum tyre pressure so as  tO provide FE,COMFORT N SAFETY TOO.

#7 18-Nov, 2010 09:21 AM
Vikram
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2010

well i have a swift vxi (with CNG).

The tyre size are 185x70 R14. The recommended pressure as per maruti is 29psi. I have checked it with this pressure but the ride is not that much comfortable as it feels to be riding with zero clearance with ground and all the bumps and hurdles are very much noticeable.

Whereas if i go with 33psi then obviously the ride becomes hard and bumpy.

the pick up with 29psi is less as compares to 33psi. what pressure should i check for to get a better drive?? 

#8 18-Nov, 2010 10:39 PM
Paras Raizada
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Mar 2009

After going through 2 years & 30K.............came to the conclusion of keeping it at 32 psi for all the tyres getting a FE of average 14kmpl & a OK ride quality(Depends as per individual). Also discussed with alot of mechanics for the body & chassis stability against higher tyre pressure i.e. more than 35 psi............may affect the suspension, chassis etc again depending on the road condition. So my personal suggestion is to go through 30, 32 & 35 psi one month each to get a feel of the exact tyre pressure for your SWIFTyyyyyyyyyy............Have a nice ride.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)