CNG KIT IN MARUTI SX4

#1 08-Dec, 2008 12:41 PM
Vrajesh Mehta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Dec 2008

Dear All,

I Just bought Maruti SX4 . The car is the best but fuel efficiency is the problem, to over come that I want to Install CNG kit . I heard that CNG MPFI close loop system are best for big cars kindly help me to choose the cng kit

Please help/guide me which kind of cng kit i should go for ? Cng is successes in sx4 ?

Please help regards vrajesh 

This post is edited to remove 'bold' format, change the font size & format the paragraphs for better readability.

Last Updated: 08-Dec, 2008 09:19 PM, by Pankaj.Prasad
0 members liked this post

#2 08-Dec, 2008 09:12 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

CNG Retrofitment is a success in SX4.  Itlian Kits are known to be best.  Some of the popular ones I've heard of are Lovato, BRC, Landi Renzo, Bedini, OMVL & Tomasetto.  These are all RTO/Government approved but the approvals are car & model specific.  It will, therefore,  remain to be seen/ascertained as to which one/s is/are approved for your car.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 09-Dec, 2008 03:30 AM
Vrajesh Mehta
New Arrival

Thanks Pankaj ,

I asked some of the dealer of CNG kit what I understand is there are four type of CNG kits are available

1. Open loop 2. Close loop 3. MPFI 4point and 4.Sq. timiing.

Close loop and MPFI are the good technology for big cars. Prices are also very high (55K to74K)

If you know Please tell me , will I get some king of pick up and performance in these CNG kits??

Regards

Vrajesh

#4 09-Dec, 2008 08:42 AM
Pankaj Prasad

I do not know much about technicalities but yes I understand these are better performing kits & prevent power loss to some extent. 

CNG generally reduces power by 20/25%. It, however, varies/differs a little from car to car, CNG Kit, Retrofitment/Workmanship Quality & Maintenance (thereafter). Power loss is obviously 'felt less' in case of bigger cars (SX4 & the like).

I do not know about Ahmedabad (your place of location) but, as you may be aware, CNG is very popular in Surat.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#5 11-Dec, 2008 09:25 PM
Vrajesh Mehta
New Arrival

HI,

I done a lot research for CNG kit in the market I conclude some of the points..

There are three type of CNG kits are available in the market

·         Open Loop ...Rs.38000/-

·         Close Loop ...Rs. 42,000/-

·         SP. MPFI kit..55K to 64K

Open loop system is just the deliver the gas in to the engine with consideration of engine RPM. There is no intellectual device in to it. Not successful in the big cars. You will feel pick up lose and low cng fuel efficiency.  

Close loop system is little advance system and good for Big MPFI cars . This kit are available with Advance timing control which help to deliver right gas at the right time . Just like petrol. The kit have oxygen sensor   which keep loop close and give the right gas to engine. Your pick up lose problem of cng wil be avoided. Still you will feel 3 to 5% pick up lose.  This Kit can be fit with Lamda technologies. Lamda is intelligent device which help to deliver right gas and save the gas also. Lamda can monitor the entire movement of the gas in the  system.

If you are driving car in to city than lamda will help you to great extend . I heard that with TAP (Timing advance processor) and lamda will give the average of  22 to 25 KM/kg in big cars.   

In my view Close loop with TAP and Lamda is the best CNG kit for Big cars.

#6 11-Dec, 2008 09:28 PM
Vrajesh Mehta
New Arrival

In my view Close loop with TAP and Lamda is the best CNG kit for Big cars.

Now I need help from you people ... One of the dealer is saying that once you fit CNG than your petrol average is going to reduce by 40% , because they have to tune the car in to CNG . That’s shaken me from my decision of going for CNG option. If somebody knowing or experience about this issue than please let me know.

Your view on the discussion is highly solicited

Thanks in advance

Regards  - VrajeshSmile

#7 12-Dec, 2008 08:25 AM
Pankaj Prasad

It affects mileage on Petrol but not to this high extent.  I'm, however, not aware of the technical aspects, as stated before (we don't have CNG in Bhavnagar as of date).

#8 22-Dec, 2008 02:33 PM
Dinesh Garikapatty
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2008

HI All,

I have noticed a peculiar problem in my car which is fitted with a CNG kit. It gives a suden jerk and makes a sound of bullet fired and stops. This happens at lower gears only, while at higher gears it justs sails through.

I have going rounds at the service centre but to no avail.

Can somebody advise me what to do?

#9 22-Dec, 2008 06:55 PM
Vrajesh Mehta
New Arrival

Dear Dinesh,

Firstly thank you for participate in SX4 CNG discussion. now tell me some thing more about your car and CNG kit. Do you fit the CNG kit in SX4 ? If yes than

Your CNG kit must be an open loop system and it is not advisable for big cars.

Sudden Jerks :- one reason is because of misfire of GAS happening. Second thing it could be overflow of GAS in the engine.

Lower gear Bullet fire : Again it is a misfire at lower gears because of High RPM of engine and deliver low energy. Open loop system is connected to engine RPM and deliver the GAS as per the RPM only so over flowing of GAS cause the misfire. 

NOW SOLUTION : There is very easy solution for it. make your CNG kit close loop. 

How to do Close loop ???

Installed TAP (timing advance processor) and oxygen sensor in your car. is will solve your problem for ever.  

The cost :- TAP = Rs.3500/- and oxygen sensor =RS.800/-

Thanks and regards

Vrajesh

#10 23-Dec, 2008 11:22 AM
Dinesh Garikapatty
New Arrival
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2008

Dear Vrajesh,

Thank you so much for your advice. I have fitted the CNG kit in my Chevrolet Aveo LT 1.6

When I fitted the kit, I did not research well. It has been well over 20 months since I fitted the kit.

I will talk to the CNG guy and install the required components. Meanwhile if there are good CNG mechanics in Northern Mumbai, then friends please let me know.

thanks guys !

Regards,

dinesh.