for best experience

Buying a car through CSD?

Pages : 123456
#11 06-Jul, 2009 11:08 PM
Srikant
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Jul 2009

Hi Guyz,

I would appriceate if someone tell me how much discount we can expect in general or lets say a Swift VXi for which the exshowroom price in hyderabad is 4,36,385.

Do you know any specific CSD dealers in hyderabad?

Just hoping to find answers here in this forum. Will anyway trying contact CSD office and get back.

0 members liked this post

#12 06-Jul, 2009 11:13 PM
Srikant
New Arrival

One more thing, i called up a lady in Noidaauto.com. I asked her the difference we can expect for Swift VXi to which she said the difference will be upto 50k which i though is a damn good discount even if it is somewhere around that figure. Isnt it?

But when i intially talked to maruti guy, he said earlier it used to big difference but now after some changes in some taxes, the difference is not much and it is hardly around 7-8 k.

Is it true.

Regards,

Srikant.

#13 06-Jul, 2009 11:53 PM
Rishi
Long-termer
Joined Date: 27 May 2009

Srikant,

Though there is no mention of the Driving license being mandatory fro ex-servicemen to purchase car through CSD there does exist a column for the driving licence details.So if there is no other way around you may have to get a license for your Dad.I am sure you can manage that if absolutely necessary.

Regarding the difference in market & CSD price, let me help you out here.You have quoted the market price of Swift Vxi in Hyderabad as 4,36,385/-, the same Swift Vxi (without ABS) would cost you 4,30,411/- through CSD in Hyderabad but the same Swift would cost you around 3,97,000/- in CSD Chandigarh.

So, you can see there is only about 6000 Rs difference in Hyderabad but almost 40,000 Rs difference in Chandigarh.This is because of the different rates of tax on the CSD items in various states.

The lady at Noidaauto.com was right since she was quoting the rates in Punjab or Haryana. Noidaauto can help you out in acquiring the car through CSD & can even deliver it to you at your place but ,of course, for a price or fee.Tell them about the license issue, they may be able to suggest something.

Do let me know about your experience with noidaauto if you decide to go through them.

By the way, Varun motors (Begumpet) is the authorised CSD dealer for Maruti in your place.

#14 19-Jul, 2009 11:58 AM
Srikant
New Arrival

Hey Rishi,

Thanks man. Sorry could not reply earlier...Yeah i have enquired varun motors and they say the differenc now is hardly 7-8 K. And therefore its not worth the effort to get a CSD car.

Thanks again.

#15 20-Jul, 2009 10:34 AM
Rishi
Long-termer
Srikant, You can also get it from Chennai depot, if you want. At 3,72,928/- for Chennai CSD depot it's even cheaper & you end up saving more than 50K.That is if you are comfortable driving it all the way from Chennai or you can get someone to drive it for you.

Last Updated: 20-Jul, 2009 10:35 AM, by Rishi

#16 20-Jul, 2009 11:31 AM
Srikant
New Arrival

hmmm....i think i can consider this.....looks like a good option but have to think through the logistics...but thanks for info..

Rishi..can you tell me...what is the procedure...if we buy cars from one state and use it in another....

what are the taxes that we have to pay...what papers we need etc....bare my ignorance Frown

#17 20-Jul, 2009 11:34 AM
Amit
Legend
Joined Date: 22 May 2009

Posted by Srikant

Rishi..can you tell me...what is the procedure...if we buy cars from one state and use it in another....

There are lots of thread on this query in the RTO section of the forum ...plz have a look at them. They may solve your queries.

Smile : A curve that can set a lot of things straight.

#18 20-Jul, 2009 07:34 PM
Rishi
Long-termer

@Srikant,

As already pointed out by Amit, you can find answers to all the questions that come to your mind from the RTO section of this forum.

In short, you can get a temporary registration & drive it (or load it on a trailer) to Hyderabad &  get it registered there but before that please do check out the entry tax you will have to pay for the new car while entering your state(AP).

#19 16-Aug, 2009 07:37 PM
Ts Thimmaiah
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Aug 2009

please send csd rates of chennai for alto and maruti omni to email id given as soon as possible and procedure for having it delivered at bangalore

Posted by Rishi
Srikant, You can also get it from Chennai depot, if you want. At 3,72,928/- for Chennai CSD depot it's even cheaper & you end up saving more than 50K.That is if you are comfortable driving it all the way from Chennai or you can get someone to drive it for you.

#20 16-Aug, 2009 11:59 PM
Ben
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Aug 2009

Hi to all.. i went into the CSD Chennai having a fiesta TDCi in mind, but got replied that  below 1300cc cars can only be bought for any body below Officer RANK.. though it makes sense in a way, i find it hard to figure out smaller diesel engines than 1300cc.. wanted to confirm if the 1300cc restriction you guys find throughout the subcontinent ?

Thanks

Last Updated: 17-Aug, 2009 12:06 AM, by moch00a7

Pages : 123456

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)