for best experience

NOC validity and re-registration in a new state

Pages : 12
#1 06-Mar, 2008 11:42 AM
Sunilkumar V
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Mar 2008

Hi,

I have taken NOC from chennai to Goa for my Alto two years back(Jan 2006) and since then used the vehicle in Goa .

I didn't re-register the vehicle in Goa . Recenltly I came to know that the NOC is valid for 6 months . Can I re-register my vehicle with the same NOC with paying some fine?

What is the status of my vehicle now?. Does the registation  at chennai is valid Now? Incase of any insurance claim does the company argue that the vehicle is registered niether in Chennai nor in Goa?

How much I have to pay incase I want to re-register the vehicle in Goa.

Thanks

Regards, Sunil

0 members liked this post

#2 06-Mar, 2008 03:19 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

The car is registered at Chennai.  Issuance of NOC but no re-registration does not render the car as un-registered.  You can get the NOC cancelled & continue with Chennai registration or can get a fresh NOC & get it re-registered at Goa.  Regarding fees, it varies from state to state - you may have to check-up locally.

Regarding insurance, actually, as per rules, if there's a claim in Goa while the car is registered at Chennai, the insurance company can reject the claim, as you are supposed to get it re-registered on relocation.  Nevertheless, it is, however, not an issue, as there's no restriction in moving/driving the car anywhere in India - in such cases, people generally make a case as if the accident had occurred while they were touring Goa (and do not disclose about their relocation).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 07-Mar, 2008 09:59 AM
Sunilkumar V
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Mar 2008

Thanks lot for your valuable reply.

I have approached a agent in goa and he, after enquiring through a rto inspector told me that the re-registration can be done.

Regards, Sunil

#4 04-Aug, 2008 11:09 AM
Ashish Gehlot
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Aug 2008
Posted by Sunilkumar V

Hi,

I have taken NOC from chennai to Goa for my Alto two years back(Jan 2006) and since then used the vehicle in Goa .

I didn't re-register the vehicle in Goa . Recenltly I came to know that the NOC is valid for 6 months . Can I re-register my vehicle with the same NOC with paying some fine?

What is the status of my vehicle now?. Does the registation  at chennai is valid Now? Incase of any insurance claim does the company argue that the vehicle is registered niether in Chennai nor in Goa?

How much I have to pay incase I want to re-register the vehicle in Goa.

Thanks

Regards, Sunil

#5 24-Dec, 2010 03:22 PM
Ashok
New Arrival
Joined Date: 24 Dec 2010

Hi Gurus,

I am ashok here from orisa.On Oct27,2010 i bought a car from Delhi.The seller gave me Saletransafercertificate and NOC.Acually the seller sold the comapny car to me where he was one of the board member.When i went to Orissa RTO to pay Road tax they r creating hurdles.they r asking  me other documents.I told them while issuing NOC in delhi the seller alraedy submitted all document.So there is no quistion arising for other documents.Kindly assist me how to get rid from this problem.

Regards,

Ashok

#6 27-Dec, 2010 05:11 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2006

Did you try with some local RTO agent? If no, please try.

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#7 15-Feb, 2011 03:00 PM
Gajendra
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Aug 2009

Posted by vattezhath

hi Sunil, I am looking for some agent contact number to help me transfer my car in Goa. if you dont mind, can you please share the name and number of the RTO agent in Vasco-de-gama or nearby?

Regards

Gajendra

Thanks lot for your valuable reply.

I have approached a agent in goa and he, after enquiring through a rto inspector told me that the re-registration can be done.

Regards, Sunil

#8 15-Feb, 2011 03:01 PM
Gajendra
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Aug 2009

hi Sunil, I am looking for some agent contact number to help me transfer my car in Goa. if you dont mind, can you please share the name and number of the RTO agent in Vasco-de-gama or nearby?

Regards

Gajendra

#9 20-Aug, 2011 11:05 AM
Pavan Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 14 May 2011

What is Re-register?

#10 10-Nov, 2011 02:16 PM
Karthik
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2011

Hello Sunil/ Gajendra,

I am also looking for an RTO agent in Goa. If you have the contact kindly share it with me too please.

Regards

Karthik

Posted by yadav.gajendra

Regards

Gajendra

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)