Select Your City

for best experience

Road Tax in Karnataka

Pages : 1234567891011
#1 13-Feb, 2008 07:01 PM
Baijupvarghese
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Feb 2008
I have a bike from Kerala and Iam using it in Bangalore. I have not taken NOC from Kerala RTO.   
Should I pay the road tax?
How long can I drive without paying the road tax?
Should I change the bike registration? If so within what period?
Is NOC from kerala required to change the Reg.?

0 members liked this post

#2 14-Feb, 2008 10:27 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

If you have relocated to Bangalore, it is advisable / you are required to transfer/re-register it in Bangalore by obtaining an NOC from Kerala and paying road tax afresh at Bangalore.  You can claim refund of tax paid (life time) at Kerala, which will be refunded on pro-rata basis (a lengthy process) - it will be easier if you get it done (refund) through an agent & have a friend to follow-up locally.

If you haven't relocated at Bangalore & are only visiting it often for office work or so, you need not get it transferred.  On enquiry by traffic police, you can produce evidence that you reside in Kerala & visit Bangalore.  It is not an uncommon thing/practice, and hence, such occasions may rarely arise.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 20-Feb, 2008 06:27 PM
Abraham
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Feb 2008

you can use it for 6months to a year with out paying any tax. just show a pollution check and ins done in ker. Noc is req if u need to change #.

Better than changing the # just pay the road tax in Blr and use it as long as u are here(if long term plan) and when u go back to kerala u can use there or sell it..Road tax is about 12% of the WDV.  for my 2yr old splender i paid apprx 2500 as tax. 

carry the reg certificate pollution chek and insurance.   did thru an agent it costed me 100 as his fee and 3 days.

Abraham.

#4 16-May, 2008 10:08 PM
Dde Pjkjjjj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 May 2008

hello frn ,

can u tell me according to which motor veh. act , i can use my bike 6-12 months.

Posted by Abraham Chacko

you can use it for 6months to a year with out paying any tax. just show a pollution check and ins done in ker. Noc is req if u need to change #.

Better than changing the # just pay the road tax in Blr and use it as long as u are here(if long term plan) and when u go back to kerala u can use there or sell it..Road tax is about 12% of the WDV.  for my 2yr old splender i paid apprx 2500 as tax. 

carry the reg certificate pollution chek and insurance.   did thru an agent it costed me 100 as his fee and 3 days.

Abraham.

#5 16-May, 2008 10:09 PM
Dde Pjkjjjj
New Arrival

hello frn ,

can u tell me according to which motor veh. act , i can use my bike 6-12 months.

#6 16-May, 2008 10:29 PM
Ashish Verma
New Arrival

Hi, I paid 44000 as road tax for my car opel corsa( Delhi registration) when i moved to Bangalore from Delhi. Now i am back in Delhi for last 2 years & want to sell me car. I want to know on whether i can get a refund of that 44000 since i know i will never take that car back in Bangalore. In case some agent can help me , i would appreciate if somebody can leave a contact number.

thnx

#7 30-May, 2008 01:20 PM
Mathew
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 May 2008

hey i do hav a kerala bike over here in bangalore, now i need to sell that bike to a guy who resides in north. so wats the procedure for that pls do help me

roshan

#8 03-Jul, 2008 03:02 PM
Vjbalu2003
New Arrival
Joined Date: 03 Jul 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the info and can i have the agent name since i also needs to pay road tax.

Thank you

Posted by Abraham Chacko

Abraham.

#9 04-Jul, 2008 12:47 PM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Jul 2008
Posted by Ashish

Hi, I paid 44000 as road tax for my car opel corsa( Delhi registration) when i moved to Bangalore from Delhi. Now i am back in Delhi for last 2 years & want to sell me car. I want to know on whether i can get a refund of that 44000 since i know i will never take that car back in Bangalore. In case some agent can help me , i would appreciate if somebody can leave a contact number.

thnx

Dear Ashish,

I have a santro of delhi registration. June 06, 11000Km approximately. I do nopt want to Register in karnataka. Pl let me know your car details. We can consider exchange. work out cost details and see how can we have a swap. I am based in bangalore. My email is hariharkumar@rediffmail.com  Phone mobile 09243415999. let us see if we can help each other. harihar kumar

#10 19-Jul, 2008 07:39 AM
Indranil Bera
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Jul 2008

I had migrated from Tamil Nadu to Karnataka. Based on the RTO site of Karnataka , http://rto.kar.nic.in/re-reg-nv.htm, the vehicles migrating from other States are required to obtain re-registration mark of Karnataka State within 12 months from the date of arrival into Karnataka State. 

SO basically you will have 12 months in hand

Thanks

Indranil

Pages : 1234567891011

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)