for best experience

wagon r ..cng kit ..HELP

Pages : 12
#1 25-Jul, 2011 02:59 AM
Gajender Singh
Driven
Joined Date: 05 Jul 2011

hello guys ..../

i have a wagon r 2002 model in a good condition with more thn 1.2 lac km driven ......

with the increase in fuel price n the cng mile muncher ...i was thinking of adding a cng kit to it .?? 

but i m clueless about the cng ? what all things r needed to be keep in mind before installing it ...

n what/which  kind of cng kit is better for me ??  

few question which i was bit concerned about is :-

1.how much kg cylinder should i fit in it ...as the new wagon r comes with an extra shocker to care the load of cylinder 

2.is it really a good idea of putting a cng kit in a 10 yr old wagon r ...does adding a cng kit will cut out its rest of life to a limited 2 or 3 yr span....??

3.apra ppl charge arnd 50k for the cng kit tht to with the steel pipes ...? does the rubber pipe leaks ?

0 members liked this post

#2 26-Jul, 2011 12:18 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

Your car has run a lot Gajendar. I would not recommend going in for a cng retrofit. Rather I would suggest you look at existing CNG options available in the market. Going  for a retrofit on a car with such high numbers on the odo could give more problems than expected. Bettter refrain from doing it.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#3 26-Jul, 2011 11:33 AM
Gajender Singh
Driven

thnx centaur  for ur reply .but what i heard from ppl or wat i have seen is ppl adding cng to there old car.they are running it .

well my car has high number on odo but its in good condition.the engine has nvr been opened.

does adding a cng from outside gonna make a mess for my car .?? 

what sort of problem does i gonna face ??? i hope the car wont stop working if i fit a cng ?? 

i m really confused wat to do becoz in petrol n in delhi my car gives an avg of 10-11 with ac on .

so its burning my pocket alot.

COMMENTS - do not type in sms style....like....this. Going forth such posts would be deleted. -MODS

Last Updated: 26-Jul, 2011 11:31 PM, by centaur

#4 26-Jul, 2011 11:29 PM
Sridhar

The thing is that with CNG the engine heat increase a lot causing the engine rings and other parts to wear out faster. Your car has done over a lac kms and these parts would probably be at the end of the expected service period. Putting in a CNG would only take your car to the garage earlier. Your car wont stop working but you might face other issuse like loss of power etc because of leakages and the likes. You can go ahead with the retrofit but I would suggest you to be prepared for an engine overhaul sometime later. Also I would recommend you visit a local dealer and check the condition of your engine. If everything is in good condition then you can go ahead with the retrofit.

Between why dont you sell the car and go in for a CNG model itself?

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person
Last Updated: 26-Jul, 2011 11:30 PM, by centaur

#5 23-Aug, 2011 12:26 PM
Gajender Singh
Driven

hey guys ....i need a urgent help ....

i am planning to buy a car for my brother's wedding ....

from the past few week i was looking out for figo exi 1.4 ....but one of my friend told me to look out for a cng car ....it would save u a lot on fuel ...

so i totally confused to what to do ...??? go with figo diesel exi or should go for i10 cng ??

my running would be about 300-800 km .pm ...so guys help me out ...

i know its a owner choice of having a cng or diesel ....it depends on my pocket the thing is that i hve a budget of 5.5 ....

#6 24-Aug, 2011 08:18 AM
Sridhar

For 300-800 kms a month opt for a petrol car. In your budget you can get the top end varaint of the figo however I would recommend you look at other options like the swift, i10, liva etc. The figo petrol is not as good as its competition. Better take a test drive and then decide.

#7 24-Aug, 2011 01:44 PM
Gajender Singh
Driven

thnx centaur for your reply but my family is looking for either cng car or diesel ....becoz we hve a trip to delhi jaipur once in a month ..so keeping that in mind ..they are searching for cng or diesel ...

so according to the budget of 5.5 ....diesel figo is the only choice left becoz swift has become more costly ...n 

cng ....i hve opted out i10 1.2 ...becoz i already have a wagon r 2002 model .which i might convert to cng to ...

wat appeals me towards cng is the cost cutting ride ...thts it 

#8 25-Aug, 2011 08:21 AM
Sridhar

What is the reason behing opting for a CNG/Diesel car for such a small run? If you must opt for one of these, prefer to go with CNG. The CNG-Petrol cost difference is not as much as Petrol-diesel cost difference which might be as high as 1lac in some cases. Also always opt for company fitted CNG kits if possible as they would not ruin the warranty and if there is any problem you can get back to the company. Two things to consider for CNG are - 1. easy availability of gas stations, 2. reduction of boot space to accommodate the CNG tank. Hope this helps

#9 13-Sep, 2011 06:24 PM
manu
Long-termer
Joined Date: 13 Sep 2011

I think there is no problem in installing a CNG in car already ran 1.2 lakh kms. if the engine is powerfull enough. call this number 8459442210 and ask them to asses your car they will do it for free tell them manu from delhi has sent you. i have already installed two of my cars with cng from them. one is CIVIC AT and the other is A-star

#10 15-Dec, 2011 12:11 PM
r.c
Rohit
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Dec 2011

i have a wagon r 2005 model with 80000+ on the odo.

Engine is in pretty good condition.

How should i go about installing a cng kit? Which brand should i opt for? 

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)