for best experience

SPARK PLUG ISSUE IN CNG

Pages : 12
#1 13-Apr, 2010 02:32 PM
Sun2010
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Apr 2010

Hi...

Which spark plugs give good performance for cng fitted hyundai getz wrt pickup,jerking(at 1st,2nd gear) anf fuel efficiency>> : Denso , NGK or Champion ??

0 members liked this post

#2 13-Apr, 2010 02:50 PM
Varun Ahuja
Beloved
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2008

I am using NGK in my CNGed Santro and they are faaaar better than Champion's.

"ALL I WANT IS EVERYTHING"

#3 13-Apr, 2010 03:20 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

??

Spark plugs spark, and ignite air fuel mixture. All of them (that work, at least)

Can I know in what aspects are the NGKs better than the Champions? 

I just want to make sure it is not another new-age superstition.

#4 13-Apr, 2010 03:56 PM
Varun Ahuja
Beloved

Krishna i am not so technical but still, i will try to answere...

• Its not a superstition but you get to feel the difference on your right foot - Its like you automatically start feeling confident about your car.

Now, the technical part by not so technical personLaughing

Hyundai OE spark plugs are champions and they work well on petrol.Since, CNG needs to get burn at a higher temprature - we install Timing Advancer in our cars so that it can change the timing of the sprark plugs spark(it increases - cant explain how) which leads to the increase of engine temprature by say 3-5degree.

Now a days there are different types of spark plugs available in the Market ( here i am only talking about the material they are made of) though i not too sure but i guess they are made of Steel or copper and since, copper ones absorbs better heat they are helpful in CNG cars.

Last Updated: 13-Apr, 2010 03:57 PM, by Varun.Ahuja

#5 13-Apr, 2010 04:29 PM
Sun2010
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Apr 2010

...Thanks for the info...Even Denso plugs seems to be quite popular in the market...

#6 13-Apr, 2010 05:35 PM
Krishna

Varun, tough luck - nothing to really substantiate anything special required for CNG.

They talk big things, but basically it boils down to have a gap low enough to spark at the car's ignition coil output voltage.

If you have contrary references please post.

#7 13-Apr, 2010 06:33 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

@varun - I thought CNG would be easier to ignite...no?

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.

#8 14-Apr, 2010 04:51 AM
Varun Ahuja
Beloved

Hellllloooo guys, i was just saying that i felt NGK better Than Champion's and there is nothing like they are specially made for CNG cars.But, They play an important role in CNG cars.

On my car Champion's use to conkoff fast and even the car use to fart.However, NGK's are doing there duty well.

@ Rohit

Igniting CNG is not a problem, but burning it according to need is a challange + Gas has its on properties(needless to mention).

@ Krishna

Nothing Contrary to what you mentioned - yes , every brand does the same job. But its durability that matter.

#9 15-Apr, 2010 05:34 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

@Varun, IMO the fuel used does not have any direct bearing on the spark plug. The question here is not so much of which brand is good but which spark plug has a better spark. Yes there may be cases when the plug works with petrol but not with CNG and vice versa. But a good plug will work with both. Perhaps the way petrol is atomised in the combustion chamber has something to do with a not-so-good plug being able to ignite it.

That said, IMO the case in point here is that a good quality spark plug will work with petrol/CNG/LPG equally well.

And another thing to be noted is that new plugs of the same brand almost always result in the engine running a bit smoothly.

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.
Last Updated: 15-Apr, 2010 05:35 PM, by rohit.b.d.

#10 15-Apr, 2010 06:25 PM
Krishna

Cleaning and gapping would do the same thing. I have never understood the 'change at 40k' directive. if it works, it works.

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)