Select Your City

for best experience

CNG for Second Hand Esteem

#1 30-Mar, 2010 10:31 AM
Amol
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Mar 2010

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase a second hand Esteem Vxi BS III 2007 (30K Running) car. To keep the cost of running down I plan to fit a CNG kit in it may be after 6-7 months or immediately. (I'm based in Pune). I know Esteem is phased out, but I'm assuming and hoping that this will not pose problem in services.

From the initial research I found that Esteem is the best engine suitable for CNG conversion and it has proven history of around 18-20 KM per Kilo of Gas). Although I've not driven a CNG car, I'm ok with 15 - 20% of power loss in drives if running costs are down. 

I do not have any direct experience with CNG kit installers/installations all my understanding is based on web research. 

What I want to know before I go ahead with the deal:

1) Is my assumption about Esteem correct? Is there any other car which is equally suitable for CNG. 

2) Does a CNG car pose more frequent service problems? 

3) I need to do a technical research over CNG kit types or I can rely on fitting company...like he advices me of type of kit to put or I need to tell him about it? 

4) When we switch to petrol, still that car experiences a power loss? 

Thanks.

0 members liked this post

#2 30-Mar, 2010 04:04 PM
Varun Ahuja
Beloved
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2008

Esteem is among the best cars to have CNGed.There is nothing like you have to get your car serviced/tuned now and then(it all depends on the good workmanship).

Any kit which is govt. approved is a good kit. And, no on petrol the car should behave the same as it performs now.

"ALL I WANT IS EVERYTHING"

#3 30-Mar, 2010 04:26 PM
Amol
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Mar 2010

Thanks Varun.

I would now go ahead with my decision. I'm getting Esteem 2007 at 2.3L. You think it's a good deal? I'll research if there are any Govt. Approved CNG fitting cos in Pune, or I'll get it done from Mumbai. 

Can we fit CNG to any car like Logan or there is some engine level difference which makes some cars more suitable for CNG

#4 03-Apr, 2010 09:31 PM
Lsnaik
Driven
Joined Date: 01 Apr 2010

Hi Amol,

i think brc kit is the  most reputed kit in cng conversion kit,in mumbai greenglobe solution is the authorized dealer for the cng conversion kit fitting.average on 1kg of cng for maruti esteem car running in mumbai (taxi meru cab is 20kms with ac on). try if any brc dealer is in pune or else i will give you the number of greenglobe.take half day for kit fitting they do fitting with rcbook registarion of kit.Kiss

Feel free if you require more details

Regards

Naik

MODs' Remark: Post do NOT type in bold (format since removed).

Last Updated: 03-Apr, 2010 09:42 PM, by Pankaj.Prasad

#5 12-Apr, 2010 08:15 AM
Lsnaik
Driven
Joined Date: 01 Apr 2010

Hi ,Pankaj

noted hence forth thanks for for your feed back

regards

Naik

Ask the Experts