for best experience

Which is the best compatible CNG kit for Hyundai i10 1.2L (Magna)-Kappa

Pages : 1234
#1 21-Mar, 2010 02:33 PM
Yogi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Aug 2009

Hi Experts,

My query is that I am planning to have CNG conversion for Hyundai i10 1.2L Magna-Kappa (model Aug.2009), which kit is best suitable for Hyundai i10 1.2L (Kappa) & why ?

Kindly elaborate the Role of Advancer, Lambda & emolusion (if i pronounced if right) along with their benefits. It will definetely help me to take decision.

Any addition information linked to CNG conversion in Hyundai i10 1.2L Kappa,  will be highly appreciated Smile

Rgds

Yogesh

0 members liked this post

#2 21-Mar, 2010 11:02 PM
Kshitij Mathur
Driven
Joined Date: 12 Dec 2009

I was told by an showroom executive that one should not go for Cng Kit in Kappa engine. Just check this with some authorised agent or dealer.

#3 23-Mar, 2010 11:43 AM
Yogi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Aug 2009

Come on Guys ....... Please reply to this thread !!

Would be appreciated ........

#4 26-Apr, 2010 05:16 PM
Saurabh
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 28 Apr 2008

Hello All,

I have got this Tomestto achille, orignal Lambda, orignal advancer all by Tomestto. I am selling my KIT cuz i am buying Swift VDI next month. The kit it as new as you can imagine. My car has run around 2k since this kit was installed. Everything on papers with bill. I have got this installed by Medical engineering in Wazirpur Ind Area behind DEEP hyundai. The kit has costed me 33k. with 14kg Cycndr. The intersted user kindly contact me as i will be selling it off within 10 days max.

I must say this is the best package where in you can save money from other dealers. the only reason i am writing all this ciz people here are concern about the best of all. We al;l are car lovers.. so this is my feeling that rather than selling it outside in market if someone in need wants it in cheaper rates he or she can buy it from me. I am selling it off in max 26k.

#5 29-Aug, 2010 01:38 PM
Sumit Kandhari
Driven
Joined Date: 07 May 2010

I too was in a dilemma weather to install cng on my 1.2 kappa, however it has turned out to be a good experience with cng. I have got it installed from Deep Hyundai and that means, dealership warranty for the next 1.5 years. The kit itself has a warranty of 1 year. The kit installed is of BestPrins (Holland) and they are the second largest manufacturers of cng kits. The best part is they provide their own ECU unit for cng which includes the Lambda, Advancer and the Emulator (This is a waterproof unit). Initially on the first day some issues cropped up, however they were sorted out by retuning. The most important point here is, that you get a kappa engine converted to cng “only” by an experienced installer since the engine is more advance and needs careful installation. The power loss seems negligible w/o ac, however with ac turned on, the power loss creeps in, only limited to 3rd gear after which it shoots like a rocket. I have driven the car on highways and one would not feel the lag in overtaking other vehicles. People who are looking to go green with cng for their kappa engines may go ahead, however the most imp point is getting the retrofitting done from an experienced installer.

PS – Don’t bother about the price, insist on genuine parts and good installation. Beware of fake cng components like Tomasetto Achille’s ECU. The company is not into manufacturing electrical’s however cng installers sell fake lambda and advancers with a sitcker of Tomasetto.

#6 02-Apr, 2011 02:55 PM
Kirit Darji
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Apr 2011

KIRIT DARJI

Hi Experts,

My query is that I am planning to have CNG conversion for Hyundai i10 1.2L Magna-Kappa (model Sept.2010), which kit is best suitable for Hyundai i10 1.2L (Kappa) & why ?

Kindly elaborate the Role of Advancer, along with their benefits. It will definetely help me to take decision.

Any addition information linked to CNG conversion in Hyundai i10 1.2L Kappa,  will be highly appreciated

Rgds

KIRIT 

#7 06-Apr, 2011 01:28 PM
Vishal Jain
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Apr 2011

Hi All,

I have a hyundai i10 era (1.1) which i had bought in April 2010. The car has already done 21000+ kms... So usually my car does almost 1.5 to 1.8K kms every month. My car currently gives me 13 KPL with 50% highway travel (last checked about a month back!)... I have been struggling to find out the reason for this low KMPL but have not been able to find out anything... However now am thinking of moving to CNG. I have few queries on this...

1. Is it ok moving to CNG before the gurantee is over?

2. Does CNG impacts the resale value of the car?

3. I am in gurgaon which currently has only 4 CNG pumps. So people in gurgaon and using CNG, need your input on how easy or difficult it is to fill up CNG in gurgaon.

4. I believe the total CNG kit along with installation etc costs around 30-32K (Checked price from the best prin office in gurgaon). Assuming that the car devaluates by around 1 Lakh due to CNG kit addition (3 years from now), then i need to do almost 66000 kms (assuming Rs. 2 per km saving because of CNG). Assuming out of total 1500 km per month, i do 1200 on CNG and rest 300 on Petrol, then for doing 66000 kms, i need to wait for almost 4 and half year... So for practical purpose, the break even for CNG conversion will come to around 4 and half year... Is this calculation making sense... Please guide if i have gone wrong any where...

5. Have seen a lot of hoardings in Gurgaon claiming for CNG conversion for 18-20K... Is it possible to get a genuine Italian KIT at that price. Anybody with any such experience...

6. This car is driven by me and my driver... The driver is quite experienced and have driven CNG vehicles earlier.... But i have never tried my hand on CNG vehicle... Given that i have only 5-6 months driving experience... Should this impact my decisions for going in for CNG?

Request you to help me in taking a decision on whether to go for CNG conversion or not. Eagerly waiting for your replies...

#8 18-Jul, 2011 11:19 AM
Rohit Ahuja
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jul 2011

hello,

just yesterday i enquired about new i10 1.2 magna and got to know cng kits are now authorized for 1.2 magna variant also. 

please suggest is it ok to buy i10 cng? any i10 cng user can help/suggest if they are facing any problem.

the model price dealer quoted me is around 3,38k and cng kit cost is 63k extra. please comment on this also

#9 19-Sep, 2011 07:03 PM
Rajsajan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Sep 2011

Dear Yogesh,

If you want convert your I 10 kappa to CNG go for CNG sequential injection system. Because that only one suitable CNG system for Kappa & K series engines. For more information contact Mr. Sunil Raj R  (Ph. 09871665777) he is handling so many OEM CNG project .

#10 05-Oct, 2011 03:35 PM
manu
Long-termer
Joined Date: 13 Sep 2011

Mr. Yogesh,

I would suggest go ahead and install cng in kappa engine there is no problem in that if the fitter is trained by the company. 

advancer is used to advance the engine in cng for pickup.

emulator is used to shut off one fuel supply when the other is being used. and 

Lambda is for aiding settings for the car if required, many will say that it will increase the average but that is not true.

Pages : 1234

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)